Star Wars: The Last Jedi

oof

2 Likes

Nobody hates Star Wars like Star Wars fans.

14 Likes

True. Sometimes I feel like I’m the only Star Wars fan who loves all Star Wars movies…

3 Likes

Your not don’t worry :joy:. I even love 1 & 2 a lot, even tho I don’t think they are great films, because they have a good story

1 Like

If you disliked a film, I genuinely don’t have an issue if that’s how you feel, even if I completely disagree with that opinion. But when it gets to the point when people are making continuous accounts online to give bad reviews because Rian Johnson apparently ruined their childhood, I think that’s a good indication things are out of hand.

7 Likes

You’re not. It’s just cool to hate on I-III on the internet, so people who like those aren’t very vocal.

2 Likes

I liked them too, but I didn’t like 7. But can we talk about Leia?? The scene where she was in dead space, but still survived seemed a little far fetched to me. Even with the force, she should’ve been dead. I’m not complaining that she lived for longer in the movie, but couldn’t she have just been in another room?? And why is everyone so upset about this film? Is it because of Luke? I don’t get what the big deal is.
Also, did anyone else spot Gareth Edwards’ cameo? I forgot he was going to be in the film, but then I saw him.

2 Likes

And death threats. Don’t forget the death threats.

This kind of thing is the exact reason for my hesitance towards joining fandoms officially.

8 Likes

@Toa_Heatwave OH MY GOODNESS! Has it really gotten this out of hand?! I thought people would like this movie! Whelp, RIP the trilogy Disney hired him to direct…

@Stuubh [spoiler]There was a comment by @prentice1215 That I feel theorized why she survived quite well. No, she could not have been in another room, because Rian Johnson wants to play with the audience’s emotions. Carrie Fischer died, so everyone thought Leia would die in this movie. Me included. I wish Ackbar was in another room… :cry:

Dude! Gareth Edwards was in it! Rogue One was amazing! [/spoiler]

2 Likes

Rian Johnson has had a great response to this. I won’t link the interview, since it’s a bit explicit, but it’s from Business Insider. He understands the hate, stands by what he did, and is thankful for those who love it.

9 Likes

Is it just me, or was Phasma a bit too overhyped. Over two movies, she only had like maybe 15 to 20 minutes of onscreen action before she died and didn’t really impact the plot in any way

2 Likes

People thought she’d be the next Boba Fett. I mean, if we’re being honest, she’s fitting the legacy perfectly😜.

5 Likes

Fight me. I know you’re totally right, but fight me. BOBA FETT MOVIE FOREVER

1 Like

At least Phasma got a good fight! Lol. I’d personally love a Boba Fett movie in which he just unleashes heck on a bunch of grunts in a one-take hybrid of melee and ranged combat, fully earning his place as the Batman of Star Wars.

1 Like

It’s practically canon Boba Fett survives Return of the Jedi. There’s a deleted scene, George Lucas at least originally said so, and I believe the best bounty hunter in the galaxy is not dead yet…

What do people want from phasma?

It’s not so much what I wanted from her, as much as it is that I wanted the promise of her having more of a role in this film to be kept. I think she had about the same amount of screen time in this movie than TFA, if not less, and then she just dies, when she easily could have escaped and made it to the next movie. But then again, as a friend of mine says, she was created solely to sell toys…and her death doesn’t ruin the movie at all.

When I heard Ackbar had died, I was much more upset then I was when I thought Leia did. Sorry Leia, I love you, but I love Ackbar more. I can see wanting to play with peoples emotions, but I think the way it was tackled was just a little too… unnatural(?) idk. Changing the subject, I really enjoyed DJ. I thought he was a very entertaining character, with a somewhat unique personality. At least for this trilogy. One last thing, I heard a comment that the famous “bad feeling” line was not in this movie. However, according to Ryan Johnson, apparently BB-8 beeped it to Poe. I’m watching the movie again this Saturday, so I’ll have to pay close attention for that.

2 Likes

Not gonna make a super long post, but I just wanted to say I love the movie! It subverts exceptions in a very Star Wars-y way. Think about Yoda in ESB–when Obi-wan first tells Luke to go to Yoda, you (if you’re a first-time viewer) are supposed to assume that Yoda is a mighty, imposing figure (which is what Luke assumes). Only later do we find out that the Force doesn’t work the way our intuition expects it to–Yoda is, obviously, a tiny green frog who can’t even be bothered with combat, yet he’s one of the greatest Jedi ever. I think a lot of the twists and un-twists in TLJ, such as Rey being a nobody, Luke turning out to be just as human as everyone else, and the Jedi Order being in need of some changes, do a wonderful job of carrying on in that vein. This is the first Star Wars movie that’s felt like it deeply understands the Force since Return of the Jedi.

7 Likes

[spoiler]Thank you for that. I feel touched by you caring.

DJ was a very entertaining character. I liked his personality, but I will not lie, when I saw him bite the card, I thought that it was a pouch of Star Wars drugs. I liked him, and I hope he survived and will be in 9.

BB-8 beeped it? That’s cool, but I wish people would actually understand. However,
the way it is said (the pitches of each syllable) can be understood, I suppose. I remember hearing “may the force be with you”, but not when and where.[/spoiler]

1 Like