Star Wars: The Last Jedi

The Spanish title of the last Jedi is “Os Últimos Jedi” which is in the plural form. But I think they put in the plural form so it wouldn’t be in the male or female form, because that would give away wether it’s Rey or Luke

2 Likes

The French title is as well. Honestly, it’s a little disappointing that other languages can’t have the same ambiguity with words the way English can, or at least, in this instance it its.

Also, we’re bound to get a teaser soon, so hold on to something.

3 Likes

My bets are on the month of March.

1 Like

I started a bet with my friend on who Rey’s related to. my friend bet twenty dollars on palpatine being her grandfather and I be twenty dollars on obi wan being her grandfather.

1 Like

More likely April. That’s when Celebration Orlando is, and the VIII filmmakers are going to be present, so the first teaser will most likely show up at the opening ceremonies like the VII “We’re Home” trailer did back in 2015.

2 Likes

They may want to put the actual trailer out then, and do a teaser in the next two weeks or so, though I’ll admit that’s a bit close together and not altogether likely.

1 Like

Well I’m heading to celebration. I’m gonna try to get into the last Jedi and the forty year anniversary panels. I may see the schmoedown with Sam witwer and Freddie prinze jr too.

7 Likes

Bro that’s legit. Tell us how it goes when you finish.

2 Likes

So, I will be in the exact same convention center as Star Wars Celebration and likely won’t be seeing any of it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It would be so funny if Star Wars Celebration announced nothing for Episode VIII.

3 Likes

No. No it wouldn’t be.

2 Likes

New teaser bois!

10 Likes

I love the look of some of the shots in this trailer…the hype train is rolling!

Also, here’s the teaser poster:

7 Likes

I just hope Luke isn’t the one saying “It’s time for the Jedi to end” since it completely undermines one of the best scene in ROTJ. Unless he talking about some grey area or something.

The shots look neat, but this teaser does not get me excited at all.

That is definitely Luke’s voice.

I have a feeling Luke is going to realize the failure of the original Jedi code about not allowing love and it’s hypocrisy. Remember, the jedi Luke knew, Obi-Wan and Yoda, said Vader could never be turned, but Luke managed to get Vader to fulfill his destiny and defy the Dark Side.

Perhaps Luke adopted the old Jedi teachings and realized their flaws indefinitely due to Kylo’s betrayal, and is deciding to abandon the Jedi Order forever. Instead, he’ll focus on teaching more grey morals of Jedi, and emphasizing the importance of love and compassion. Maybe that’s what Luke needs to teach now. It’s evident Kylo never learned the importance of family due to murdering his own father. This makes me feel as if Luke never taught his students such important lessons of love, and thus failed.

10 Likes

I’m absolutely behind this

4 Likes

Loved this teaser. I’m kind of hoping Luke doesn’t turn evil, but I guess it would be interesting.

3 Likes

If he’s trying to restore the ancient teachings, then what Luke’s says in the teaser makes no sense. He’s not trying to abolish the Jedi, just revamp them. I think that parts of his dialogue have been cut just so that he sounds more ominous.

Edit: Thor Skywalker’s video explains my thoughts perfectly.

Meh. I’m meh about the whole thing, which I find weird. I freaked out over every little bit of footage released for Rogue One, I’m ecstatically waiting for a trailer or info on Rebels Season 4 and Battlefront II, but for some reason, everything surrounding the Sequel Trilogy just doesn’t get me excited. I didn’t get excited for Episode VII until I was sitting in the theater right as it was about to start opening weekend. I befuddle myself. I should be freaking out about this too, but I watch the trailer and I just go, “ok”.

:confused:

1 Like