2 Likes

Not just star wars

1 Like

He’s also gonna be in Rebels!

2 Likes

Wow. Where’d you find this?

1 Like

I’m gonna buy it.
Then I’m gonna put it on a shelf next to Tarkin.

2 Likes

Read it.
Wait.
There’s an Ahsoka book?
This I must read.

2 Likes

Dang, I completely missed this. I guess that’s what I get for not following Celebration closely.

I am sooooooooooo hyped for this!

What do you guys think of Thrawn’s eye change?

Old:

New:

(he has pupils now :open_mouth:)

7 Likes

I prefer him without pupils. He looks more menacing without, but it could be too easy to somehow confuse Chiss with Duros if that were the case(for the easily confused people).

3 Likes

I like it better.

1 Like

Yes, I’d say that Tarkin is worth the read. It’s interesting to learn his background and see what makes him the person willing to blow up an entire planet to prove a point. I’d certainly recommend it.

5 Likes

Is scarred for life.

1 Like

welp
I thought celebration 2016 was a bit of a letdown
especially the last day
(I wanted an obi wan movie reveal SOOO badly)
EDIT
new VR game is out

6 Likes

Very true.

I can definitely understand that. Personally, I really liked the blank red eye aesthetic that the Chiss had in the EU (even though as @Apophyx pointed out, it doesn’t make much sense). That being said, I think that the main reason they changed Thrawn’s appearance is Rebels. Eyes are very often an actor’s (whether he be real-life or a CGI model) most useful asset. It’s very difficult to make an emotionally interesting/relate-able character without them having normal human eyes. So while Thrawn’s look may have worked very well for book covers and even comics, I can see where solid red eyes would actually impede the character on a fully-animated show like Rebels.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty much the conclusion I had come to. They managed to get the pupil-less eyes to work for Cad Bane in Clone Wars, but the Duros head shape is so far away from a human’s that is was easier to track what Bane was looking at and what he was feeling (or lack there of, since he’s a cold blooded killer). Chiss however are basically humans with blue skin, so, yeah. Pupils it is.

5 Likes