Star Wars Topic

I actually completely forgot about Bane when I was writing my previous comment (I guess he kinda undermines some of my arguments). He was very well done in TCW (mostly due to Corey Burton’s excellent voice acting).

3 Likes

Rodians as well with their blue space-eyes. There’s even a shot in Sphere of Influence where we see Greedo’s eyes dart back and forth.

3 Likes

Wow. I completely forgot about Rodians too. I guess there are quite a few pupil-less aliens in SW. Though none of them are quite as disconcerting as the Chiss (I guess because of the extreme human similarities you mentioned).

2 Likes

And then there’s Sullustans with their mouse eyes… maybe I can stop now. :joy:

3 Likes

Meh, the reflections in their shiny black eyes kinda look like pupils. It certainly gives them a lot more life.

5 Likes
7 Likes

I can’t wait.

1 Like

The hype is REAL

2 Likes

Rest in piece, Mr. Baker.

9 Likes

:cry:

That’s awful to hear…but he lived a very long life, and helped create a character that so many people love and cherish. That is an accomplishment to be proud of, and I am certain he was proud of it. Now he is at peace…

3 Likes

I saw that.

He lived a pretty nice long life.

1 Like

Here’s Chewy on the death of R2

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/peter-mayhew-pays-tribute-to-late-star-wars-costar-kenny-baker/ar-BBvFCap?li=AA2qN5v&ocid=spartanntp

4 Likes

I just watched TFA like the 4th time.

Still :ok_hand:

5 Likes

This was soooooooooo sad. BUT FUNNY!

13 Likes

an interesting video to watch:

3 Likes

I really do hope we get a version of Revan and other Old Republic characters.

I heard Revan was going to appear in The Clone Wars but never made it in. It would have been in the place where Yoda confronted Darth Bane’s ghost.

5 Likes

That, and he also might have had a part in the Mortis arc

1 Like

Not true. The design and intention for Darth Revan was actually for use [quote=“MavezIgnikari, post:262, topic:651”]
in the Mortis arc
[/quote]

as both Darth Bane and Darth Revan were going to be conversing with the Son. They went as far to even shoot the scene, but it never made it into final animation and was ultimately scrapped.

3 Likes

here is the extended explenation (and the reason for why the scene was scrapped) “all of it originating from Wookieepedia”:

In 2011, Revan was slated to appear in Ghosts of Mortis, an episode of the third season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. Revan would have appeared as a Sith Lord alongside Darth Bane as advisors to the Son, but they were cut from the episode in late production. The show’s director, Dave Filoni, was apprehensive of using the scene, and the scene was removed at George Lucas’s request because it conflicted with Lucas’s view on the Force. The scene made it to the animatics stage and could be viewed in the bonus content on the Blu-ray edition of Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three. The scene is set in the Well of the Dark Side on the planet Mortis, where the powerful Force wielder known as the Son confronts dark side spirits about the recent death of his sister, the Daughter, at his hands. The spirit voices tell the Son to embrace his pain and resentment, and when he questions their identities, giant apparitions of Darth Bane and Darth Revan appear to the Son, proclaiming their intent to ensure the dark side’s supremacy. Speaking of another’s existence who will control the galaxy, Revan and Bane warn the Son that control over Anakin Skywalker, the Chosen One, is the key to the Son’s success.

3 Likes