Star Wars Topic

It was scrapped because it didn’t fit in the Dark Side to have a force ghost. Bane, even, didn’t really. Just a shell of fear.
Oh, yeah, what Wookieepedia says.

3 Likes

Just to remind myself, Sith are unable to become Force Ghosts, right? And that’s established canon?

2 Likes

Yes, I believe they can’t create themselves as a Force ghost, however they can make illusions of themselves after death (as Darth Bane did.)

2 Likes

im not 100% sure if Sith trully can’t become force ghost (maybe not in the manner of how the Jedi does it, so they could allways be something else) but with Darth Bane, it was not himself that caused the illusion, apparently it might have been the dark side of the force on Moraband / Korriban that created him.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s what’s been stated in the canon.

Yeah, they can’t. I’m almost certain that, the way it’s explained in the new canon, Sith will never be able to become Force ghosts and preserve their consciousness despite immortality being their ultimate goal. It’s only the Jedi - who devote themselves to lives of other-centred servitude and growing in knowledge of the Force - that ultimately have access to the SW version of “eternal life”.

5 Likes

Yes. The Kaminoans (their creators) designed the clones as loyal, nameless troopers. Individuality was squelched in the name of productivity and efficiency. However, when they served under the command of the Jedi, the clone troopers were encouraged to explore their own individuality and what made them unique among their brothers. That’s why so many of them started to customize their armour.

5 Likes

Oh. That’s pretty cool. I just always figured that some troopers had names because of rank. Higher ranking clones had names. Like Rex and Cody. I also though the custom armor was also a rank thing.

1 Like

That’s an illusion mainly caused by how much time more high-ranking clones spend with the main characters (Jedi). Since they spend a lot more time on-screen, they’re the clones we see the most and as such require names to easily identify them.

To a certain extent. Armour add-ons like shoulder pauldrons tended to be reserved only for commanders (though not all commanders wore them). Waist capes were primarily used by higher-ranking troopers but could also be seen on cold weather troopers and flame troopers.

All that being said, as the war progressed more and more clone troopers seem to individually customize their armour. However, it’s been pretty inconsistent across the various canon mediums.

5 Likes

There needs to be a spin off series, that fallows a single clone squad. It would be about different missions they go on, make references to the higher ups, (Jedi) and maybe even have a few slice of life episodes.

1 Like

They actually kind already did that with the old Republic Commando video game and novels. The picture they paint of the Clone Wars is very different from what is established in current canon but they’re very good reads/plays nonetheless.

5 Likes

But I mean like an actual show! And it could be styled like this

Or like this

And the best part is, they would mostly ever need one or two voice actors.

1 Like

Crap.
I missed the conversation…
I love clone trooper conversations, especially about the armor and individuality…

2 Likes

This has been discussed a bit but:

1: They were supposed to be like this but being functionally human they did exactly what human minds do. They individualized.

2: all clones had names even low-level grunts.

3:Here is a list of a good portion of clones that have been made: http://forum.clonecommandos.net/index.php?topic=1718.0
(They may or may not have missed a few)

4 Likes

Hmmm, I dunno about using the TCW style. It might feel a bit too similar to the The Clone Wars show.

That could be cool. I’m not sure it’d be able to convey a dark enough tone though.

They were never assigned names though. Clone Cadets showed us that troopers adopt names for themselves based upon specific characteristics they have (or probably just what they think sounds cool).

4 Likes

That’s why it would be a spin off.

That show was able to get pretty dark. A good example would be EVERYTHING Grevious did.

1 Like

So it’d be a spin-off of a dead/cancelled show?

Fair point…

Anyways, why wouldn’t Lucasfilm animations just come up with an all-new art style for this new hypothetical series?

2 Likes

Fair point. It was still a god show though.

Well the last two shows, (TCW and Rebels) use the same style, though I can really see Disney doing something like this with the 03 style, or at least something similar to it. (Wow. I did’t realize it was from 03 until I had to google it. No wonder I never saw it on TV)

Holy cow, you’re right. He was a murder machine, wasn’t he? Being the Captain of the Malevolence, Gha Nackt and Nadar Vebb in Season 1, a whole bunch of clones in Season 2, more clones in Season 3, General Tarples and a bunch of Nightsisters in Season 4, more clones and a few Weequay in Season 5, and that poor little con artist in the Utapau Crystal animatics. I thing Grievous wins the Clone Wars kill count award.

2 Likes

I think Palpatine technically wins that award

1 Like

I can see that argument since he did engineer the war, but if we’re going by actually PHYSICALLY killing a person, and not just being responsible, Grievous still wins that I think.