Star Wars Topic

But, in the drama department of murder, Palpatine definitely wins.
coughSavagecough

@MaximusPrime was referring to Grievous in the 2D Clone Wars series. That version of the character did stuff like this:

2 Likes

Ha, yeah, I’m quite familiar with the micro series. Have both volumes on DVD from back in the day. I agree, forget TCW Grievous, the micro series Grievous was even more vicious! If anyone ever says “I want to see Star Wars as a horror movie” they need to be directed to that scene on Hypori. That’s basically a horror movie with laser swords. :joy:

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Star Wars Anthology Films

so i was just thinking today about a sequil to Star Wars Republic Commando, and i then though that, a better sequil would be a “star wars Commando”. were in players do not just play as a Commando group for ither the Empire or the Rebels, but can play on both sides and see different stories and see the different view points from both sides.

Hmmm, interesting idea. However, Imperial/Rebel mechanics would need to be a fair bit different.

Imperial Commandoes in Legends utilize Katarn armour which features energy shields and advanced HUD systems (which are core elements of the original Republic Commando gameplay).

Rebel commandos on the other hand have almost always been portrayed in simple fatigues (most likely to clearly differentiate them from Stormtroopers).

7 Likes

They could create similar game mechanics if they hand wave that the rebels got the technology by raiding the empire.

Or the classic “our scientists just made this new prototype”.

Personally if the first one is done I’d love a rebel campaign to have a level without those features with the goal of stealing it from the empire.

2 Likes

Good point. However, they would still have to make a very clear distinction between armoured rebel commandos and Stormtrooper commandos.

Perhaps they could come up with a helmet design that is an aesthetic and in-universe precursor to the Resistance Trooper helmet from TFA…

4 Likes

You know what movie we really need? One set from a stormtroopers perspective, see how they veiw the war

3 Likes

inb4 first-person view shot of a stormtrooper in rogue one a la saving private ryan

3 Likes

We’ve been getting a lot of that in the new canon (some chapters of Battlefront: Twilight Company, Lost Stars and everything involving Rae Sloane).

I feel like it would be a much harder sell to the mainstream public though.

7 Likes

just a question here, should i talk about Midi-chlorians here?

because in my mind, the amount of Midi-chlorians should not really mean much if one can use the force or not. Sure not having as many Midi-chlorian as a normal jedi or sith would have, would probably mean that they would have difficoulty in using the force to lift a large rock, but to me, that should not stop them. Infact this could be used as away to have “non-force sentitive” (aka, people whith to low amount of Midi-chlorian) characters like Finn be able to learn the force, true he won’t be as strong as someone like Obi-Wan or Yoda, but he would still be able to communicate and use the force so some extent.

1 Like

Um, Finn is force sensitive.

So why does this matter?

1 Like

Sure. I continue to not have a problem with midi-chlorians. We had an interesting discussion about them some time ago in the TFA topic:

From what I understand, midi-chlorians are present in all living beings. Jedi and Sith just so happen to have more of them and have devoted their lives to tuning into the Force, which explains their extraordinary abilities.

I vaguely remember some authors in the old EU toying with the idea that certain individuals with seemingly extreme luck and lightning fast reflexes (such as Han Solo) are actually Force sensitive to a degree. Han just grew up during a time in the galaxy when he wasn’t able to be exposed to the idea of the Force (at least in the way the Jedi perceived it). He just assumed that he had a whole lot of luck in life.

I really like that idea. It tells us that the Force moves and acts through all the different beings in the universe, regardless of whether or not they believe in it.

5 Likes

i am aware that midi-chlorians are in all living beings, but what is indicated is that a spesific number of midi-chlorians are needed for someone to be trully force sentitive.

what i was talking about and what you was talking about, is that there would not be a spesific number of midi-chlorians needed to be force sensitive, the midi-chlorians allowed one to communicate with the force, its just that the more one have, the stronger that connection is, but even the ones who have a “weaker” connection to the force, are able to use it. Basicly a good reason for why the Jedi and the Sith would only train those who have a strong connection with the force is because for the Jedi, they would train them so that they would not end up harming others if they used their force powers by accident (just imagine a young child force user using force push by accident), while for the Sith, its a no brainer why they would seek out and train the most powerful force users they could find.

but with some people like Finn or Han Solo, their midi-chlorian number would be considert to low to actualy have any force power by both the Jedi and the Sith, but if they actualy trained them, then they could be able to tap into the force like they do, it would however be a bit more difficoult, because they don’t have the same amount of midi-chlorians like them. But the idea remains, which would also solve the problem that some people have with the midi-chlorians, namely that no matter how high or low ones midi-chlorians levels are, one is still able to use the force.

1 Like

THANK YOU. I hate it when people jump to that conclusion.

Again, THANK YOU. That was the whole point of the introduction of the Midi-Chlorians to begin with. Besides explaining how the Jedi and Sith tap into the force, it also shows how the Jedi have turned their RELIGION, a thing that is supposed to be faith based, into a science. Along with the ancient Sith Temple that’s located under the Jedi Temple, it’s no wonder the Jedi were having trouble reading the force in the twilight hours of the Republic.

In one of the Republic Commando books, there’s a specific conversation about how a force sensitive person would grow up if they weren’t picked up by the Jedi Order. It’s basically like you said. They aren’t able to move things with their mind, but they seem to be lucky, or they’re an exceptional sports star, or etc.

5 Likes

Hmmm… I haven’t thought about that. I dunno, I kinda like the dogma idea more. Having things explained by an underground Sith temple shifts the blame away too much from the order itself, y’know?

Do you remember what book that was in?

Man, I really need to get around to reading the RC series…

1 Like

Probably Order 66, but it might have been True Colours

1 Like

which “Legends” force power would you guys wish to see make a return to the main canon in a future Star Wars movie

me personaly, i would like to see Pyrokinesis make a return.

I think a lot of people also objected to the idea of a high midi-chlorian count equaling greater Force potential. The OT seemed to establish the idea that anyone could tap into the Force if they received enough training (particularly Episode IV), and while that’s still true with the prequels, stating that your Force potential is based on the amount of midi-chlorians you have seemed like a less mystical explanation. Now, when someone fails to use the Force, it’s because they don’t have enough of the “special Force cells,” rather than they simply don’t have enough faith, i.e. Luke in Episode V.

3 Likes