Star Wars Topic

Order 66 I think, because they were talking about a child that was part Jedi part clone, after he was born that was guaranteed to be force sensitive.

1 Like

But The child was born in True Colours so maybe? and it could have always been Imperial Commando: the 501st

Yes, but the majority of the conversations about Kad in True Colors were about whether or not he would be force sensitive. If I remember correctly, Kal and Jusik had the sports star conversation sometime in Order 66. Been awhile since I read them, but I read all five non-stop for about four years, so they’re kind of ingrained :joy:

1 Like

Lol same

Clan Skirata needs to make a comeback in canon. It would be awesome to see them begrudgingly fight the Empire in Rebels with Sabine. It would just be about finding the perfect voice for Skirata and Vau though.

Unfortunately that messes with existing canon, clan Skirata requires the EU Mandalore

Ehhh, does it? Clan Skirata could have easily just relocated to Concordia since it fits the EU description of Mandalore. Lots of forests, rich in beskar ore, etc. The Mandalorian Protectors seen in Rebels could easily be the canonical version of the True Mandalorians (which is an odd title anyway), and Clan Skirata could have their bastion set up on Concordia. Fenn Rau could guide Sabine and the Ghost crew through the small settlement of Keldabe, where Fenn Sysha could direct them to Kyrimorut, or, even cooler, Jusik could sense Ezra and Kanan, and bring them back himself.

MAKE IT HAPPEN FILONI!

1 Like

I dunno. So many of the Legends Force powers feel very video game-y (mainly because they were invented in order to have tons of different powers for the various RPG games). I don’t think most of them would fit in the canon.

I don’t really see that. It’s pretty clearly established in the OT that Luke is very special because he’s a powerful Force-sensitive Jedi-in-training. Luke couldn’t have just rounded up a bunch of Alliance foot soldiers and taught them how to be Jedi. That’s not how the Force works.

The Empire didn’t just eradicate all knowledge of the Jedi (arguably the most well-known Force-users in the galaxy). Vader and the Inquisitors worked to destroy any remaining powerful Force users and attempted to sway younglings who showed promising Force sensitivity to their side.

As I said, I think that someone must already have a strong Force sensitivity in order to even consider using the Force (in the conventional way we’ve seen). However, I really like your point about “faith”. Raw potential isn’t enough. Force-users have to refine and cultivate their gifts, meditating on the Force and learning how to use the particular abilities the Force has given them.

Luke’s failure to lift the X-Wing in ESB stems mainly from doubt. He doubted that the Force was powerful enough to lift something as massive as an X-Wing. He was experiencing a mental block. Luke’s belief in Force and his innate sensitivity to it both influence his ability to control it.

That sounds like an awesome idea, but what could Kal Skirata bring to the story that we don’t already have with Fenn Rau?

2 Likes

For one, more Clone Wars nostalgia for fans. Since Skirata ended up actually adopting his Null ARC Troopers, it would be cool to see a fatherly figure to the clones in canon; something that wasn’t even really seen in the EU besides in Republic Commando.

Two, Skirata and Vau might be old, but that just means they’re experienced. It would take A LOT of convincing, but to see the strategy and leadership that two grizzled Mandalorian warriors could bring to the table would be extraordinary.

Fen Rau is cool, especially since he’s voiced by Kevin McKidd (RIP Soap), but he still has much to learn. He’s brash and arrogant. If he hadn’t heard Gar Saxon actually say he was planning on killing Rau anyway, Rau probably wouldn’t have joined the rebellion.

Three, outright hostility to the Jedi. Skirata (and Mandalorians in general) have a well known history of not liking Jedi. Mostly when we’ve seen hostility to the Jedi in the past, it’s been the Sith trying to just kill them. Skirata has a deep hatred for the Jedi, only rivaled by his hatred of the Kaminoans and Death Watch, but doesn’t necessarily want to kill them. To see a character say “go away, you’re not welcome here” to a Jedi in canon would be interesting.

Four, I really want these characters back.

1 Like

On the bit about anyone being able to tap into the force, I think that you are both right to a degree. I think that Luke was special because he naturally had an ability to tap into the force and had a much stronger connection with the force. However, we have seen in a lot of the new Disney canon examples of characters without Jedi level force ability being able to tap into the force (Rogue One spoilers follow) such as Chirrut Imwe or Zeb and the other Lasat in Rebels. While not everyone has the capacity to be a Jedi, everyone does have the capacity to tap into the force in some way.

4 Likes

^^^ I always wanted the Star Wars version of Winter to be part of Clan Skirata,

Winter? Like this Winter, Winter?

Other than her I don’t know to who you are referring.

2 Likes

Umm no, as in my OC, it’s way too long to explain, and would be off topic

I haven’t seen rouge one and I desperately need to

Sorry to be the bearer of some bad news:

Everybody please keep Carrie Fisher in your thoughts and prayers…hopefully she will be okay!

2 Likes

Oh shab. That’s not good. Episode IX could be in trouble now… here’s hoping that she’ll recover back to her full sassy self.

Update: According to Fisher’s brother, she is now in stable condition. Thank goodness for that…hopefully she will continue to recover.

1 Like

so @legomaster1378 interested in talking about the star wars dictionaries i own now?

by the way, when i saw what the inside of a stormtrooper’s helmet looked like, i laughed because its no wonder why the Stormtroopers are so bad at aiming.

I got a book prologue to Rogue One today.

It’s called Star Wars: Catalyst, a Rogue One novel

2 Likes

That one’s on my SW “to read… eventually” list. You’ll have to tell me how you enjoyed it.

2 Likes