Star Wars Topic

As long as it doesn’t conflict with Rebels, that’d be awesome.

you do not know how badly i need this

4 Likes

I thought Dave Filoni was rumored to be working on it.

3 Likes

Could happen on ABC at some point.

4 Likes

Actually, a live action series I think would work for KOTOR.

1 Like

Time to cast Darth Revan…

Maybe that Adam Driver guy… oh wait.

1 Like

I’d actually be pretty interested to see who would be cast as Revan. Although, maybe it would be better if we didn’t have him as the main character.

Unless they want to pull off the “main character is the villain” twist again.

3 Likes

If they want Revan to play a role, I think it needs to be during his Controversial hey-day. They could try to make him either an Anti-Hero or Heroic Villain or even just a villain but I never thought of him as a pure Dark Side person. (There have been cases where morality is separate from Force alignment but isn’t common)

I think it would be a great way for new canon to explore the idea of grey Jedi riding the line between both sides of the force.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Dave Filoni is working on a new animated show and has also been rumored to have been pushing for an ahsoka film, so if there was an old republic show he probably wouldn’t have a massive role in it

2 Likes

What if this new animated project Dave has a hand in is an Old Republic show?

From what I remember, the idea of a live-action SW TV show has been tossed around multiple times in the past. I believe the general consensus was that a live-action show would require an astronomical budget for all of the sets, costumes and CGI. Simply put, Star Wars is just too expensive for live-action TV. An animated show, on the other hand, has been proven to be feasible and (assumingly) profitable.

4 Likes

[quote=“legomaster1378, post:354, topic:651”]
What if this new animated project Dave has a hand in is an Old Republic show?
[/quote] I think it’s been rumored it will take place between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens. Plus if we do get an old republic show I’d want to be on Netflix and be in similar to the marvel shows by being much darker. Also you’re right about the budget because that was the reason the first attempt at making a live action show was cancelled

1 Like

Well if budget can kill the later episodes of CW I don’t see how they cant kill other pitches.

A live action show? Sure it would be great but I can see why is hasn’t happened.

1 Like

[quote=“Xevins, post:356, topic:651”]
Well if budget can kill the later episodes of CW I don’t see how they cant kill other pitches.
[/quote] I’m pretty sure it ended because Disney bought Lucasfilm while they were working on season six and they didn’t want their intellectual property on a competing network.

2 Likes

Nope.

Filoni confirmed the later episodes were cancelled because CW started to go way out of budget and Lucas himself was starting to pay out of pocket.

My source is the Clone Wars Boxed set with bonus features (including a lot of commentary from Filoni)

2 Likes

Ha. Haha. Hahahahaha.

“Tossed around”. That’s funny.

The working title was Star Wars: Underworld and basically would have been a Boba Fett TV show. George talked about the show on and off for years, and it was being developed around the same time as Clone Wars, but it obviously never happened because

That. If my hopes and dreams come true, Filoni is helping to finish up Star Wars: Detours.

Because they actually got like 13 episodes or something done, and they’re just sitting on a computer somewhere.

2 Likes

I said that mainly in reference to how rumours have been circulating in the fandom for years (not all of them involving Underworld).

Maybe. Perhaps Lucasfilm believes that now is the right time for Detours to be released since the Sequel Trilogy and the Anthology films have become well-established and successful.

[quote=“prentice1215, post:359, topic:651”]
Filoni is helping to finish up Star Wars: Detours
[/quote]

Cries about Star Wars: Underworld.

1 Like

Star Wars Detours deserves to stay unfinished. It was an unfunny mess from the second it was conceived.

1 Like

The trailer gave me a few chuckles back in the day. The Jar Jar bit seemed like it had potential to me.