Star Wars Topic

I honestly hate this title. I dunno, it seems so generic. I feel like they could’a done better.

4 Likes

Meh. It’s a decent title. It’ll probably grow on us. It’s interesting that Disney seems to be dropping “Episode 7” from their promo material.

3 Likes

So the Force has been asleep between Episode 6 and 7?

4 Likes

I’d say it was in a slumber during the Original Trilogy (after the Jedi Purge).

5 Likes

Or asleep during Episode I. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The trailer for Episode 7 is coming out this Friday!

1 Like

Got a source?

1 Like
1 Like

Watch. Enjoy. Speculate.

5 Likes

http://i.giflike.com/fGljqzJ.gif
It’s so cool

5 Likes

If George Lucas made the trailer for Star Wars Episode VII.

15 Likes

I cannot tell you how true this video is.

2 Likes

I really love the way the new Stormtroopers look in this trailer. Can’t wait to see how they are portrayed in the movie. Hopefully, they won’t suck at shooting as much as the Stormtroopers of the OT did.

That new Lightsaber design that the Sith character (whoever the heck he is) is also very intriguing to me. Kinda seems a bit much for me personally, but I like how the design reminds me of Medieval-Era swords.

As for the George Lucas Special Edition trailer, I wouldn’t be too surprised if they actually went and did that. :laughing:

2 Likes

I have came up with a major theory around the Stormtroopers. It is well known that Stormtroopers, especially in Episode IV, are terrible shots. However, I may have an explanation for this. In Episode IV, almost all Stormtroopers seen wield their blasters in their left hands. In our world, only about 10% of all people are left handed. Assuming that this same statistic applies to Star Wars and the Stormtroopers, only about 10% of Stormtroopers would be accurate shots. The More You Know :stuck_out_tongue:
(I would like to note that this is most apparent in Episode IV)

5 Likes

The reason for this is that Jango Fett was originally left handed and since the Stormtroopers are Clones they would also get this genetic trait. However by the time the original trilogy comes around it is safe to assume that not all Stormtroopers are Clones any more, in fact most of them probably aren’t. But during training the Stormtroopers would be taught to shoot with their left hand in order to maintain form and so that they didn’t have to teach multiple ways to fire a weapon.

3 Likes

This explains So Much.

5 Likes

I read some of the visual dictionaries that came out a while ago, and it does state that by the time of ROTS, only two thirds of the original clone army were still alive. Not to mention that different genetic templates were being used at that time to make more clones.

3 Likes

The whole Star Wars EU got cut off, probably because it was too complex. It seems to be a very similar situation with LEGO right now, simplifying it so it appeals to more kids. I’m not saying all kids don’t like complex story-lines, but a majority of American kids do.

1 Like

@TrenKrom Actually, Disney did away with it because they wanted a new MOVIE at ALL COSTS.

1 Like

To be fair, there were already tell-tale signs of the eventul EU annexation as far back as 09. BTW, we’re getting off-topic. I reccomend moving over to the Star Wars discussion topic.
EDIT: Thanks @Nyran, @Chronicler !

2 Likes