Star Wars Topic

I’m sorry I should have known better (I’m not being sarcastic when I say that) but it’s been a while since I’ve rewatched the shadow collective arc and that’s the only time she had a name drop

1 Like

We’ll know her parentage, but I doubt that it will be existing characters.

2 Likes

agreed.

quick question though.

if they reveal that Rey’s parents are force users, then what kind of force users would you all personaly think they would be?

Jedi?

Sith?

or nither (Grey Jedi basicly)

1 Like

It would be interesting if Rey’s parents were Sith (or at least Dark Side users). Kylo Ren has was born from the Light and turned to the Dark, while Rey would be the opposite, and I’m a sucker for hero/villain parallels like that.

Some would call it cliche, but I personally think that would be a cool premise for episode 9, providing Disney stops this “let’s pretend the Prequels don’t exist” thing.

Alright just imagine the grandson of anakin skywalker and the granddaughter of obi wan kenobi facing off on mustafar and the tag line of the movie is: it ends where it began.

1 Like

Prequels? what prequels?

But seriously considering that the trilogies were originally supposed to mirror each other that could be amazing if done right

1 Like

They aren’t inherently saying they don’t exist, they just aren’t referencing them.
At all.

1 Like

Well, it makes sense that none of the new characters would reference them. All of the major players from that era are dead, and events like the Clone Wars and the Jedi Purge have probably faded from memory. It’s the same kind of thing as our treatment of, say, WWII. We still talk about it and memorialize it, but it doesn’t impact our current events as much as something more recent would. Aside from Luke, Leia, Snoke, and Kylo, I doubt anyone would overtly reference the Prequels in the new trilogy. That’s more for Anthology Films like Rogue One to do–which they have.

4 Likes

I have this really cool Star Wars board game called Imperial Assault. It is $80 but its totally worth it if your interested. I bought the Jabba’s Realm expansion a few weeks ago and I just bought Jabba today.

they have begun to start moving into the prequel era again. Just look at the darth maul comic being released soon

2 Likes

80€ for a board game? It better be made of 14k gold

It has a lot of stuff included, and it is a miniatures game, so…
It kinda makes sense price-wise? idk

I’m not into the whole board game thing the only reason I’d ever get would be for the models

1 Like

Hey, I wasn’t ever into board games either until I got the game.
It is actually really fun.

1 Like

Sorta like Kylo as a villain in general :unamused:

I think I have that

Trust me, that’s pretty good

1 Like

This bothers me.

If you only watch Episode 4 of Star Wars, Darth Vader doesn’t do a lot. In fact Tarkin is more of the villain of that film. Sure he’s imposing but he only does a couple of major things: Kill Ben Kenobi, Capture Leia and try to make sure Luke doesn’t blow up the Death Star.

Kylo Ren gets more of a focus and becomes the actual main villain of Episode 7. No doubt, like Vader, we’ll REALLY get to see what he does in Episode 8. I say give it time.

3 Likes

It’s not what he does, it’s how he acts, I don’t it

I like how he acts though. It’s a breathe of fresh air when it comes to Star Wars villains.

1 Like

I don’t know that like is the right word, or at least for me. It’s hard to like villains unless they’re funny or witty, like Hades from Kid Icarus. It’s like you said: He’s different, and that makes him interesting, but not necessarily likeable.

I guess I didn’t clarify that it is extremely involved, so…
Plus, I got Lando and some Alliance Rangers for my birthday.