Star Wars Topic

oh crap, I forgot the last jedi is the ep 8 and you are talking about 9, my fault

so there is indeed going to be a forth movie…

1 Like

I dislike this ending because it’s contradictory to how Star Wars generally works and also because it’s just a clifffhanger. If the First Order wins and then there are only a few survivors left, that leaves me thinking the main Star Wars timeline is unfinished because the war is not over yet if there are still a few people left.

3 Likes

I’d love this, and it would be awesome, but I think Disney is going to mandate the new show to be set during the Sequel trilogy. When VII and Rebels were first released, Disney was on that “we own this now! Remember A New Hope?!” kick that I think they’ve finally gotten over with Rogue One being out and Rebels wrapping up. Now I think they’re going to say “this is our Star Wars, and we’re going to remind you of this by having our new show during this era”. I could see the show acting like Rebels did, but for the Resistance instead of the Rebel Alliance. There is something like a five-year gap in between the Bloodline novel and TFA that I could see a show fitting in.

Still, I would much rather see KOTOR.

2 Likes

just canonize everything in the old republic era
except maybe the shadow of revan expansion of swtor, but still
canonoize everything
doing this will forgive disney’s past sins and all their future sins

6 Likes

See, and that’s the thing. The Old Republic era is SOOOO far back in time, there’s no possible way it could contradict stuff in current canon like the 2D Clone Wars series or Thrawn trilogy does. Which annoys me further. They could and should have left The Old Republic era alone.

Although, BioWare is working on a new Star Wars game like every other major studio at EA, so maybe we’ll end up with a canon KOTOR game someday.

4 Likes

technically KOTOR is not excluded from canon.

it’s just not explicitly included either.

2 Likes

I’d rather have a live action KOTOR series. The budget could work for it, too, since most of the characters in that series use swords and blasters. You’d only have to worry about Jedi for stuff like lightsabers and using the force.

If they do animated, I’d take it, but I’d just prefer live action. As long as the writing is good, I’ll be happy.

They better make the writing actually good, or I will riot.

um guys (minor spoilers for TLJ)

5 Likes

That’s not a spoiler. Anything like this officially released by a company doesn’t actually count as a spoiler, unless a toy comes out before the movie that’s “X-Character (Deceased Variant)”.

The inclusion of AT-APEs isn’t spoilers.

Not sure how I like the look of this. Hope it doesn’t mean TLJ is going to be Empire again. If the sequel trilogy just turns out to be remakes of the originals, the spin-off films will probably be remembered more than the sequels.

8 Likes

I actually think this design looks quite cool. If TLJ ends up a rehash of ESB I wouldn’t be surprised. That would be unfortunate though.

1 Like

I mean, sure, it looks cool, and just because The First Order uses walkers won’t make it like ESB, but, who knows? As long as the Resistance doesn’t suffer a defeat via walkers at the end of the first act, everything should be fine.

2 Likes

looks like a prehistoric walker to me

So when The Last Jedi is released in theaters, there won’t be a need for spoiler warnings? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I like the look of it TBH

given how the director says “no it’s not gonna be a rehash of empire” I believe him

4 Likes

Touche.

The whole concept of spoilers are tricky since everyone has their own opinion on what defines one. Some might see a character on a poster, or see the synopsis and declare it a spoiler, when I’d say that’s just stuff that’s telling us what we’re getting into by choosing to go to the movie.

For me, LucasFilm showing off these vehicles aren’t spoilers, especially since they’re making who knows how many toys of them. Knowing that they’re in the film isn’t a spoiler, but if LucasFilm were to go, “this is the vehicle that deals a crippling blow to the Resistance when they destroy Leia’s ship”, then that’s a spoiler.

4 Likes

I’ll be honest here, if you’re complaining about how LucasFilms shows of some vehicles and deems them as spoilers, you probably need to get off the internet for a little while.

1 Like

Acceptable “spoiler”: revealing small plot points (Han returning tho the Falcon, vehicles being used)
Legitimate spoilers: revealing major plot points (Vader is Luke’s Father)

1 Like

From what I’ve heard about Collin Trevorrow’s other films, I’m kinda glad he got fired.

1 Like

I’ve only seen Jurassic World, and that’s a fantastic movie no matter what people say people seem to think the Jurassic Park franchise is something more than just an excuse to see people run around and try not to get eaten. Sure, Lost World and III aren’t great movies, but Jurassic World had just as much charm and fun as the first .

The thing that bugs me about Trevorrow getting the ax, is not that it happened, but how people are reacting. This early on in a film’s development, it’s not uncommon for directors to come and go. I bet a lot of this had to do with Carrie Fisher’s death. Episode IX probably needed huge rewrites, and while Trevorrow’s script for the original version was good, everything that has happened has caused major problems for that script, and obviously he and his writer couldn’t fix it, hence the firing. Stuff like that happens. Had the director troubles on the Han Solo film not happened, this wouldn’t be as reported on as it is. The Han Solo film, now THAT is a weird situation that deserved it’s media attention.

6 Likes

I believe the along with what you said, him getting the ax also probably has something to do with his most recent film the book of Henry being not very well received.

1 Like