Star Wars Topic

Nope. The Thrawn trilogy actually hadn’t been canon for a long while, since there’s text in Heir to the Empire that directly contradicts stuff in Attack of the Clones, so wiping the EU wasn’t that big a change for that particular series of novels.

1 Like

David Benoiff and D.B Weiss seem pretty great at creating long running in depth stories with intertwined plot lines and rich characters. There is of course the difference between a ten episode tv show, and a single feature film, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited.

As for whether this is too much star wars, lets say they do eventually reach a point where people are tired of the constant releases, I doubt Star Wars will ever die. The Prequel Trilogy is pretty universally hated, but it never killed Star Wars.

It’s universally hated inside an echo chamber that doesn’t like different opinions. There’s probably more people out there that like the prequels than dislike, it’s just that one group is much louder than the other on the issue. They aren’t flawless films, but they don’t deserve the vitriolic hated they get from some in the fandom.

1 Like

All of that is just me.

1 Like

how many here would actually be interested if they ever actually made a: “Rogue Squadron: a Star Wars movie”?

• Interested
  • Not Interested

0 voters

Yes. A movie about a squadron of T-47 airspeeders that will definitely not be confused with Rogue One. That’s what we need.

THANK YOU! I view the prequels as equals (rhymes) to the classics and the sequels. I have super low standards to movies, but yeah. In fact, when I was younger 1 was my favorite, until I saw 2 and 3. And then that was before RO came out.

You obviously weren’t here for my essay. Scroll up to message 518 from Sep of 2017 here in this topic.

I wrote that post as someone who loves the prequels. However, I don’t pretend they are something they aren’t. They are bad movies that have aged horribly. There is a reason Prequel Memes blew up the way they did.

4 Likes

Actually they were rebel pilots in general,

Their main shtick is actually X-wings but if you’ll note most of the T-47 pilots in the battle of hoth were fighter pilots who had to be reassigned to those to defend the base.

so real talk I’m glad that the gap between Han Solo and episode 9 will be a year and a half because I love star wars, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say after Episode 9 I want Disney to pump the breaks a bit, at least as far as films are concerned, cartoons, books comics can keep on coming all that stuff’s fine

I just want them to slow down, makes it less special when a SW movie comes out every year, that said I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the sequel trilogy thus far and look forward to 9

6 Likes

I think everyone wants this. It seems easy to nail Star Wars on TV and comics, books, etc, but a lot of people have been having problems with the big-screen stories, and that could totally be attributed to how fast their pumping these films out.

I’d love to see a new TV show premier this fall. It’s possible, however doubtful, given that the animation team at LucasFilm is about a year ahead of us, so if a new animated Star Wars show were to keep Rebel’s art style, it’d probably be a fast turn around. Don’t think it’ll happen though.

The books are spread out enough that they can keep coming out at the rate they’ve been coming out, and with the comics, I always wait until the trade hardback collections are available. It’s just easier that way.

The biggest question for me right now concerning Star Wars is the games. There’s like five studios at EA working on Star Wars games (or maybe less, RIP Visceral), and in the five years they’ve had the licence, they’ve churned out two games (not counting their lackluster mobile game endeavors). Where’s that console RPG BioWare has to be working on in some capacity?

3 Likes

For clarification, the show’s coming out this fall? Yes! Next, I though the show was to be live-action, or was that another of the three hundred series they have promised…?

There’s been zero announcement for when the next animated show is going to premier, or when any of the Disney streaming service show(s) are going to premier. I was just saying it could be possible a new animated show could premier this fall if they stick with the Rebels art style, but it’s extremely unlikely.

1 Like
11 Likes

Gary Kurtz died :fearful:

Awww that’s really sad. :pensive:

This tribute sums up everyone great about the prequels (and leaves out the not-so-good parts):

1 Like

This is interesting.

Now that we know they had a second slot for a live action series, I’m not sure why they chose this character and this time period for the show. However, I’m not going to complain and I’ll be interested in this show (though less so than in The Mandalorian).

2 Likes

While we’ve seen an influx of Original Trilogy era content in the last four years, there’s going to be somewhat of a drought soon. The Mandalorian will technically be closer to Sequel era than Original Trilogy era, and of course Clone Wars is rooted firmly in the Prequel era. Besides the ongoing mainline Star Wars MARVEL comics which are between IV and V, this will pretty much be the only thing we’ll have Original Trilogy wise for those who crave more of that era.

In terms of why that character, I think one of the most common complaints about Rogue One is that Cassian was one of the weakest characters, even though there are hints throughout the film that say otherwise. I think with his own series, there’s an opportunity to make him one of the most interesting characters in Rogue One and enrich that story the way Rogue One enriches Episode IV.

Plus more Cassian means the possibility of more K-2. And I think we all want more K-2.

3 Likes

I excited for this show 100% because we may see more of (one of) my favorite character, who had a few seconds of screen time in RO.

1 Like