Star Wars Topic

Not at all!

My uncle didn’t even know Maul was alive when Solo came out.

I guarantee you the majority of people who recognize Maul don’t necessarily recognize him from Clone Wars.

Maybe he’s not that forgettable, except I doubt your uncle remembers hims speaking but he’s barely in the movie, he speaks to Palpatine but then I spose everyone remembers the final battle

His appearance and double-blades lightsaber are entirely unforgettable, at least from what I’ve observed.

Ooh prequel discussion here we go:
I found the prequels brilliantly written, but in many ways poorly executed. It also takes some knowledge of what happens in between them to thoroughly enjoy them. Hayden was a bad actor, and it wasn’t Natalie Portman’s best acting, but I think they were pretty good. Plus there were some great memes.

2 Likes

Despite the not-so-good execution, they add a lot to the Star Wars cannon, so at least that is something.

60 terrible ones, I found them listed on a website but let’s be real, they suck so I’m proud to present them

“Yousa thinking yousa people ganna die?”
“I don’t care what universe you’re from, that’s got to hurt!”
“Love won’t save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that.”
“…Don’t try it, Anakin. I have the high ground!”
“There’s always a bigger fish.”
“I’m haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me.”
“Are you an angel?”
“I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.”
“Ye gods, whatta meesa sayin’?”
“I sense Count Dooku.”
“Ani? My goodness, you’ve grown!”
“How wude!”
“I can’t take Dooku alone! I need you!”
“I’ve been wondering… what are midi-chlorians?”
“Chesco, Sebulba. Chipoka oomen geesa. Me teesa radical fbombati chop chawa.”
“I have the POWER! UNLIMITED… POWER!”
“Droidekas!”
“Uh! So uncivilized.”
“Now this is pod racing!”
“So this is how liberty dies… with thunderous applause.”
“…It is only natural. He cut off your arm, and you wanted revenge.”
“Always two there are, no more, no less.”
“Mom, you said that the biggest problem in the universe is no one helps each other.”
“He owes me what you’d call a ‘life-debt.’ Your gods demand that his life belongs to me.”
“From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!”
“I thought we had decided not to fall in love. That we’d be forced to live a lie and that it would destroy our lives.”
“A vergence, you say?”
“Now that I’m with you again, I’m in agony. My heart is beating, hoping that that kiss will not become a scar.”
“No loose wire jokes.”
“Your mother had gone out early, like she always did, to pick mushrooms that grow on the vaporators.”
“For reasons we can’t explain, we are losing her.”
“…Well, then you really are lost!”
“He said… you killed younglings!”
“What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?”
“I have waited a long time for this moment, my little green friend.”
“…I’ll try spinning. That’s a good trick. Whoa-ah!”
“Train yourself to let go… of everything you fear to lose.”
“There was no father. I carried him, I gave birth, I raised him. I can’t explain what happened.”
“You were banished because you were clumsy?”
“You are in my very soul, tormenting me…”
“…We used to come here for school retreat. We would swim to that island every day. I love the water. We used to lie out on the sand and let the sun dry us and try to guess the names of the birds singing.”
“At an end your rule is, and not short enough was it.”
“Ray shields!”
“Just being around her again is… intoxicating.”
“Your new Empire?”
“Symbionts?”
“They live inside me?”
“I don’t understand.”
“Your presence is soothing.”
“…We live in a real world, come back to it. You’re studying to become a Jedi, I’m… I’m a senator.”

PLUS, TEN MORE HORRIBLE BONUS QUOTES:
“You don’t want to sell me death sticks.”
“Around the survivors a perimeter create!”
“Miss you I shall, Chewbacca!”
“…I’m not afraid to die. I’ve been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life.”
“If into the security recordings you go, only pain will you find.”
“Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth… Vader.”
“Nooooooooooooooooooo!”
“His cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorians I have seen in a life-form.”
“This is the end for you… my master.”
“I can’t watch anymore.”

1- Dialogue doesn’t affect how well something is written

2- Those quotes are amazing

3- “There’s always a bigger fish” shouldn’t even be there

4- Half of those shouldn’t be there

5- No one shouted “Droidekas!” at least as far as I can remember. Everyone shouted “Destroyers!”

2 Likes

Dialogue is kind of how it’s written though

No, not really

Eh maybe

I’ll need to look throgh again

Kind of, but if you say a movie is “well written,” it typically refers to the plot.

Yes, yes really

I guarantee you I could pull just as many of these “bad lines” (honestly, most’re just quotes that are taken out of context and are more of just random lines pulled from any part) from the original trilogy.

Oh no I will!
“What?”
“You stuck up half-witted scruffy looking nerf herder!”
“I don’t know where you get your delusions from, laser brain!”
“You rebel scum!”
“No you can’t, Alderaan is peaceful, we have no weapons!”
“No it’s alright I can hold it”
“Look at the size of that thing!”

Those still aren’t bad lines

1 Like

Eh okay, I love the originals, love the sequels and hate the prequels, I guess there’s not much explanation

I love all of them.

I may be the only guy alive who does, but I appreciate them, the Clone Wars, and Rebels. I like 95% of Star Wars.

1 Like

Clone Wars Era is best Era, can’t change my mind. And for their flaws, the Prequels are fun in a way the Original Trilogy just isn’t to me. I still love them all, buuuuut there’s something infinitely more interesting about the Clone Wars than the Rebellion to me.

Might just be because of my love of KOTOR and stuff but yeah, the “Evil Empire” just doesn’t do it for me.

If you want to talk about bad writing though, How about “We spent two movies setting up these characters to be a thing before deciding Han Solo needs a redemption arc and that Luke and Leia are siblings.” The Prequels ain’t a gold standard by any means, but to say that they’re trash and the OT is amazing is to directly ignore the OT’s faults for the sake of Nostalgia.

Also, “What?” is not a bad line unless there’s context that makes it bad.

6 Likes

Clone Wars is the best era, but I do like the ragtag Rebellion motif. Rogue One showed a lot of that, and I really liked it.

The Resistance is just knockoff Rebellion, and the First Order is my least favorite faction, like, ever. Phasma and Snoke were my favorite parts of it, and we saw what happened to them.

The Empire is there, kind of plain, but the Separatists are pretty epic. The inclusion of aliens goes a long ways for me.

1 Like

I think a lot of people’s problems is(or at the very least mine’s) is it’s a downgrade of quality of writing in comparison to the original. Instead of building off the base quality of the OT, which while not perfect was a good point to build off. The prequals do have the advantage However of building a much more interesting world. also old republic is best era

4 Likes

So are we ignoring Star Wars Celebration? Because a trailer and some leaks on The Mandalorian dropped.

4 Likes

I wasn’t paying attention in the first place
Rarely am to begin with
But I’d be more hyped for Mandalorian if it wasn’t behind a Disney+ paywall, which isn’t even available yet

1 Like

It honestly isn’t that bad IMO. 6.99 a month is a good deal. I don’t usually have streaming services but Disney+ is one I am seriously considering.

I agree here. While OT will always be better than anything the prequels could have achieved, they are still fun in many ways that you don’t find in the OT.