Stargate: Artifact Uncovered Sign-ups

Many, many years ago, SG-1 first entered the Stargate. SInce then, many events have occurred and the Stargate had to be buried and, presumably, destroyed in order to save Earth. The air force base built around it was razed to make place for newer facilities, and now, on top of the site, is a brand spanking new Army Base.
However, strange things have been happening. Strange creatures and beings have been reported to be wandering the halls of Andromeda Army Base. Staff is becoming uneasy, and the General is worried.
You and a team of other like-minded soldiers will explore the base, searching for the cause of these strange occurrences. Little do you know, the General has bit off more than he can chew.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Weapons/equipment:
Appearance:
Bio:

Some rules for the characters: Use modern American weapons and ranks. No ranks higher than Sergeant Major of the Army. For now, only one character per person. Once we get in depth, I will allow access of more species and characters, as well as weapons and equipment. When you make a change to your character, edit the sheet accordingly and let me know in a separate reply.
Playing Rules: No auto-hitting or one-shotting. No characters with loads of weapons, or OP characters. If you have a question, ask the GM.

Worlds:
Planet IX-12284 (Verdanta):
A lush, green planet with high humidity. It is much like earth, although the local plant life seems… sentient. Reports say that the insects are larger than usual, although the exact parameters were not specified. Information recovered from old SG-1 database

Planet IX-34885 (Grits):
Much of the planet is a large, desert. Many oases scatter the land, and the north and south poles are densely populated cities in a well watered environment. The inhabitants are unknown, as the planet was only recently discovered and documented by drones.

Planet IX-56833 (Unknown):
Nothing is known about this planet. All information was destroyed after SG-1’s decommission.

Known Aliens:
Ghast: A transparent grey humanoid, with wisps of smoke coming off of their body. They are neutral, but can become hostile. They can take over a person’s body for a short time.
Tortle: Humanoid turtles, with green and brown colors and a shell. They are slow, but have extremely long lifetimes and are very wise and friendly.
Jaffa: Genetically engineered and modified Humans, who often hold a Goa’uld in their bodies
Goa’uld: Parasitical sentient beings who live in the abdomens of compatible hosts. They often have a violent, cruel and superior nature.

2 Likes

So, for now at least, all the PCs have to be human, then? Sorry for the dumb question, I just want to be sure so I don’t break any rules.

1 Like

Yeah, human to start with.
I think what’s going to happen is there’ll be a part one,and then the story develops, and then a part 2 where, well… I won’t say, spoilers, but I’ll allow more species and more characters for part two.

2 Likes

One more question, before I post a sheet: how much of the SGC’s existence and shenanigans have been made public, if at all?

None.
It was all covered up. The only people that know if it are the people who worked for/on it.

1 Like

Name: Matthias Ecker
Weapons: like any true Stargate protagonist, his weapon of choice is a P90, along with an M9 Beretta and plenty of ammunition for both.
Rank: corporal, maybe? Determining an appropriate rank for my character has always been a weakness of mine in these kind of games.
Bio: a closet science fiction enthusiast, whose passions certainly won’t come in handy at any point on this mission…

2 Likes

Some of that wording just cracked me up.
Accepted!

1 Like

Thanks! Hopefully more people sign up soon!

1 Like

Yeah.
Definitely.

I hit reply accidentally, sorry it showed up way too soon…I have a small laptop tablet, with a glitchy touch pad.
Name: Omari O’kane
Weapons/Equipment: P90, Colt M1911A1 pistol, and a flashlight/torch.
Appearance: Omari is a 5’7" middle aged man. He’s been in the military for a while and recently joined Stargate Command as a lieutenant. He’s a bit scruffy and has broad shoulders with dirty blonde hair.
Rank: Lieutenant, I’m pretty sure on of the SG-1 was a lieutenant, so I went with it.
Bio: Omari is focused on his work, rather than his life. His life outside the military is tiring, so he prefers the regulations of work. He joined Command, because he had interest of its operations and what it was doing.

1 Like

Sorry, but this is a little incomplete.
I posted a character sheet up above for you to use.

Finished, I accidently hit reply, when I got up for a second, due to my glitchy touch pad.

1 Like

Accepted
He reminds me of Jack.

That may have been an inspiration, as Jack was a favorite of mine

1 Like

Haha
Same here
Teal’c is great, too.