Steampunk Self-Moc; Vaihden Lorem

It’s been a while since I last posted. This is the most recent version of my self-moc. Still looking for a new name. Comment and critique is very much appreciated.

104 Likes

I might be watching too much Gundam, but it reminds me of Barbatos slightly. And that’s a good thing. Very cool moc.

3 Likes

0/10 Needs more cogwheels.

Seriously though this is pretty legit stuff, love the wires here and there.

4 Likes

That is really cool. Really, really cool. I only have one minor nitpick, that being that the feet seem a bit too small.

1 Like

The feet look a lot smaller; I think it’s the angle.

1 Like

awwh.

i honestly preferred when you were lanky.

made ya look neat.

2 Likes

This is, in my opinion, quite amazing. I really like what you’ve done here. All the wires and little greebles are quite nice.

1 Like

I understand this is Steampunk-themed, however, this MOC is a bit over-greebled- specifically in the upper legs and arms.

Do the wires serve any functional purpose, or are they solely cosmetic? Regardless, I think that they make for some nice extra detailing.

Overall, though, I think this is one of the better Steampunk Constraction MOCs I’ve seen.

3 Likes

I tried my best to keep the legs fairly simple. The “greeblyness” of them comes from the structural integrity. And yes the wires are mainly cosmetic; and to add some color without being overbearing or obnoxious. Thanks for the criticisms.

1 Like

This is very good. Not everyone likes it when MOCs have exposed technic, but I think it works here.

Also, there’s a monocle. A+ tenouttaten best MOC, best MOC.

1 Like

######i swear I’ve seen like five mocs with that kind of monocle now

Wow, this is pretty good, and he really does feel like something out of steampunk.

1 Like

Most of those monocle Mocs were probably his previous variations. :smile:

1 Like

Indeed, in fact I was hoping he’d go even lankier, as it stands now the bulk is poorly implemented, it causes the proportions to be all sorts of wonk,
I don’t like it at all.
The general aesthetic is rather nice though, and the piston waist is brilliant.

1 Like

cool!

1 Like

I do agree in some of the photos, the proportions look a bit off; but they are scaled fairly accurately. My style as a builder has changed over time. I am quite pleased with how it turned out and I acknowledge your opinions.

same, mate.

1 Like

i don’t have any complaint, this is really cool

1 Like

So much was improved since I last saw this guy. Very creative use of wiring.

1 Like

Very cool looking, I love the torso.
If theres one thing i could nitpick on it would be the smoothness of the lower arms and their overall bulk.

1 Like

Thanks, I want to work on an arm design that’s not as bulky. It does seem pretty bulky from particular angles.