Steven Universe!

Oh man thats a month away

yeah, and apparently it’s a steven bomb, let’s just hope they air some weekly episodes after that

but in other news, I wonder if blue pearl is gonna show up due to blue diamond’s chariot thing there

Bionicle and DBZ did Fusion before it was cool.

IMO Steven Universe and Bionicle have cooler fusion designs

DBZ’s are just kinda bigger dudes, while the SU and bionicle ones tend to usually be massive amalgamations of the components with unique appearances

3 Likes

welp that’s breaking the forth wall

2 Likes

Can someone basically sumarise the set-up for Steven Universe? and whether its worth watching?

1 Like

For the record, literally nothing in Asriel’s response had anything true (or funny) in it, and as such, I have deleted it.

A group of three magical warriors known as the Crystal Gems protect the planet from dangers. They’re accompanied by Steven, a relatively normal human boy with a handful of magical powers that he doesn’t fully understand. Steven is the son of Rose Quartz, the former leader of the Crystal Gems, who died upon giving birth to him. Steven Universe, at its core, is a story about Steven learning how to live up to everyone’s expectations of him, and gaining the knowledge that unity is a more powerful tool than violence.

I’d recommend, if only to gain perspective on it. Not everyone enjoys the show, though its difficult to tell how much of that is due to the toxic fanbase. The episodes are only about 10 minutes long making it easy to binge, but the first 10 or so episodes are notably different in tone (and also terrible). The first 20 are so could be considered filler, though personally I feel that it’s still enjoyable.

4 Likes

^^this

I like to think it stops being filler at around episode 21, that one’s Giant Woman if I recall correctly

also, what on earth happened

(apparently it wasn’t the entire thing and this is a little exaggeration) I’ll be waiting for the episodes to actually come out because I want to support the show and can control myself, but just

what, how did CN screw up this badly

EDIT: okay maybe it’s actually not a bad thing

3 Likes

oh crap sorry I thought he meant if anyone could sumarise the new episode, my fault, sorry

what a way to start the year

2 Likes

I never had any interest in the show before, probably because all i saw of it was horrible french dubs. (seriously the opening, the songs, the voices, it’s eeeeegh)

But then I saw it mentionned somewhere, decided to give it a chancee, and watched all of the episodes.
That was three days ago A B S O L U T E M A D M A N !!!
Great show, would spend all my free time binging again.

2 Likes

glad to hear you enjoyed it

I’ve been avoiding everything that has to do with it until january 30th though because that’s when the episodes actually air and I’ve been trying not to get spoiled

I accidentally watched them all.

You are doing a good thing with waiting. - Obviously, they are amazing.

1 Like

so @Triple I know you said you’re tired of all the filler (though I didn’t consider the last few filler)

I think you’ll really like the newest eps, I’ve only seen 3 of the 5 but, pretty great

EDIT: okay holy crap, these are legit some of my favorite episodes

1 Like

I know, I absolutely loved them, especially “That Will Be All” and the song in it, it was amazing.

though Holly Blue was a b***h

1 Like

IKR, I really love that song

oh yeah Holly Blue’s a terrible person, but at the same time, I’m pretty sure that’s how homeworld gems just are, so used to the caste system, except for the Earth Quartz, I loved that Amethyst has a place where she truly fits in

THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS HEAVY SPOILERS FOR THE LATEST STEVEN BOMB, IF YOU HAVEN’T WATCHED IT YET, I ADVISE AGAINST READING IT.

What’s the use of feeling, Runa?
Why would you wanna employ her subjects that destroyed her? - So tell me, what’s the use of feeling… Runa?

[spoiler] Anyhow, I was so in love with Holly Blue Agate’s design that I decided to draw an Agate of my own. Fire Agate, to be more specific.

Here is the hand-drawn original with scale comparison to Amethyst.

[/spoiler]

1 Like

I saw the bomb! I love these new episodes. We got everything here. More Diamond characterization, a human zoo full of people with Peridot cat mouths, a closet full of friends, and an agate lady, who you think is shaped like a friend, but in fact, is really mean to the closet full of friends.

2 Likes

THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS HEAVY SPOILERS FOR THE LATEST STEVEN BOMB, IF YOU HAVEN’T WATCHED IT YET, I ADVISE AGAINST READING IT.

[spoiler]

Alternative design to my Agate, @MaximusPrime maybe use spoilers? Just a suggestion O.O [/spoiler]

1 Like

Oops. My bad, I’ll fix it.

dude like this arc made the diamonds, well people, because of their sorrow over pink diamond, for the longest time I just thought they’d be dictating emotionless jerks, but man, I’m glad I was proven wrong, and I should know better with this show

2 Likes