Steven Universe!

Yup, I have

Nice catch with the composition! (I didn’t notice that) also that rock symphony is AWESOME.

1 Like

I love SU, but the sad thing is that many people are making their own gems and there are no unused gemstones left ;n; (I’m originality maniac meaning that I want to be as original as possible) and I want to create my own gem OC T_T.
DARN YOU SU FANDOM !!!
I love how this show touches very interesting subjects, like how is it like living very far away from home and so on.

Just make your own Gemsona that best suits you. The best part with gems is that their bodies do change depending on what the gem wants so go wild.

3 Likes

Aight, so I started watching yesterday.

Got to episode 26. Just 10 more until I finally understand Matt’s fascination…I think.

I know the feels.

Regardless, my Crystal Crusader Zircon will become a thing, dangit!(maybe one day. No? Never? ;_:wink:

3 Likes

Been binge watching this show since yesterday.
Love it.

5 Likes

Its on hiatus now, Why Sugar, why!? When will I get my dose of Crying Gem friends?

3 Likes

The hiatus seems to be at least a month-long one. They had better come back with an updated intro after this hiatus.
Also, my favourite episode is probably Rose’s scabbard, followed closely by Couch Steven and Jail Break p2.

This show is amazing, and I’m really pleased with how good it is. A lot of animated media is pretty garbage these days, what with shows like Uncle Grandpa and Teen Titans Go.

I’ve always been quite the avid consumer of all venues of entertainment, be it video games, films, or shows, and for the longest while have been disappointed with the lot. Steven Universe, however, really piqued my interest and captivated me into checking it out, and I was not disappointed.
I made a thread titled “The new Cartoon Network” with my thoughts on the show, and the rest of the bunch, so go check that out. For the time being though, I’m just going to say that with shows like Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and Adventure Time, cartoons are getting a much needed resurgence.

also pearl is best gem

3 Likes

No!
Not true!
Best gem is Square Mom!

1 Like

Ah, but Square mom is best fusion gem.
Pearl is clearly best single gem.

cop out lmao

Adding this to my incredulously long list of shows I need to watch this summer.

3 Likes

Bird Mom is Best Mom.

6 Likes

Actually there are a lot of obscure gemstones, and even if you use one that is already in the show it can just be as with people and they happen to have the same name!

1 Like

And heck, there’s even variations of the same gem with different names and such.

Like, when the gem Zircon is blue, it’s known as Zircon Starlite.

But I dunno if that’d count.

Might, like how there’s Obsidian and Rainbow Obsidian.
Honestly, I think having duplicates of a gem is alright.
When Jasper refers to the Crystal Gems, she says “a lost defective pearl”, and Rebecca Sugar mentioned in an interview how she’d be “a ruby”, so it might even be the case that duplicate gems is canon.
Hell, it’d be a pretty small population if there could be no two gems at the same time, wouldn’t it?

2 Likes

Actually, I don’t have the source on me, but one of the show-runners said that after they run out of gems, they’ll just start using other minerals.

2 Likes

2 Likes

So I made this.
http://i.imgur.com/0RrrdnB.gif

6 Likes

Amethype.

2 Likes

Steven Universe is pretty much the only show on Cartoon Network I like :stuck_out_tongue:

Only episode I didn’t like was the Uncle Grandpa crossover. I hate Uncle Grandpa.

1 Like