Stuff you remember now for no reason

This topic is for memories you can’t explain why you still can clearly retain - whether it’s because it has no significance or because it’s such a weird thing to remember.
I personally remember one thing very clearly for no reason: my dad and brother were playing Mario cart wii over 5 years ago. My dad got knocked off a cliff by Donkey kong while he was in first place. Angered, he grumbled, “darn Donkey Kong.” Then, for no reason (other than that I may have learned the word recently), I just said, “D*mn Donkey Kong.”
My memory then cuts to me sitting in time-out. I don’t remember being sent there, but rather it cuts there like a movie. In fact, I remember all that almost in third-person view.

What abut you all?

9 Likes

You know those parachute things you sit under in kindergarten?
I remember sitting under one and being told not to look under the flap at the outside.

4 Likes

Do memories from past lives count?

5 Likes

I remember when I was about 8-9 years old I got mad for some reason, so I decided to vent my anger out by riding a scooter down my street at intense speeds. What followed was the scooter wheel stopping on a large crack and sending me crashing into the pavement.

4 Likes

Reading in the dark won’t damage your eyes.

1 Like

If you can actually remember them, yes.

Another memory I have is a funny one. So, I had this canyon near my house when I lived in San Diego. My brother, dad, and I were walking through it one day, and we say walking in the distance, atop a trail on a hill above us, a fat kid and a skinny kid. Both carried large, colorful squirt guns. The skinny kid had a nasally voice, and was finishing a story of some sort: “… and they say the man killed himself.” At this moment, the fat kid tripped on a rock and toppled forward, screaming at the top of his lungs: “WAHH SH*T!” My brother and I laugh about it to this day, because there was no context and yet it was so amazingly funny at the time.

8 Likes

I have memories from past lives. My earliest are creating fishing nets for my tribe in one life. In another, I was a Celtic warrior. I have one memory where I broke my lover’s hand for attempting to flirt with me. In that life, I treat trust and friendship as two different things. You can have friends, but that doesn’t mean you have to trust them. My most recent are scattered memories of my last past life. I was a seamstress in Germany during WWII. One of my partners I actually met in this life. I’m still working to remember them, it is difficult…

I remember all the times I’ve ever fell off my scooter.

I also remember one time when I was 4 and was visiting a family friend’s home in New Jersey and watching the Buzz Lightyear cartoon in the living room

3 Likes

All my past regrets

3 Likes

I remember a lot of stuff, a lot of stuff I wish I could forget…

4 Likes

@War_of_the_Worlds @RaptorTalon this topics just for specific memories you don’t know why you still retain, not for talking about regrets or being vague.
Just trying to keep it from becoming spam…
EDIT:
Fair enough, @War_of_the_Worlds. Never mind, but I appreciate you explaining.

3 Likes

Well, I have a few from when I was little, like going fishing when I was like, two and a half. I remember the dock that we stood on, and how the trees were placed. I also remember specific things I have said to people, or things people have said to me.

2 Likes

I remember the layout of the canyon near my old house very, very clearly. Down to the details of every turn, every crevice, every area.
For reasons unknown, I never remember names or people without lots of time and effort.

1 Like

It’s not spam.
For some reason, I kept remembering all the big regrets I had in my past today. All the moments that I thought would be the worst experiences in my life, at the time anyway.
Though I should have gone into more detail in the first comment, huh?

3 Likes

Remembering to turn off the gas.

That and recollecting vivid memories of watching certain shows for the first time.

2 Likes

Oh I also remember getting yelled by some dinguses because I changed whatever channel they were watching to DBZ.

3 Likes

i remember pretty much every major event that happened in a bionicle role play group i am a part of on kik. we´ve been going for three years now.

i also remember hang/laying on a swing so that my head was upside down and i was looking behind me when at kindergarten and imagining a tiger sneaking around in the forrest on the opposite side of the fence.

1 Like

how did I get this scar on the back of my head? I remember how I got the two on my eye, the one on my chin and the one on my arm, but I don’t remember how I got the one on my head…

aliens?

2 Likes

Okay…

24 Likes

I remember every time the weed-eater ran out of string or jammed. It’s frustrating.

1 Like