Suggestions?

Hey, I have a couple of suggestions for the site. I also thought others could leave suggestions here.

Firstly, a separate category for community projects. This would make it easier for people to see projects like that. It could also prevent projects getting buried by other topics and going under the radar.

Another way to prevent this is a “reupload” button that moves the topic up on the list. So nobody can press it over and over again and get all the attention, you can only press it every 2 weeks. Just a thought. Have a great day!

Edited topic post for clarity -legomaster

3 Likes

Interesting and well-thought-out suggestion. However, the Boards are already set up in order to prioritize popular topics. When you enter a category (or browse the “latest” feed) you will always see the most recently active topics first. Theoretically, if a project is popular, it should remain near the top of the feed. In addition, if a topic is very popular it’ll wind up on the rolling gallery on the homepage for everyone to see.

The “community projects” category is a neat idea. We’ll be discussing it internally.

1 Like

I would like a list with every topic I made in chronological order. The list I already have is pretty random. And I would like to have a search bar in my topics list. Let’s say that I have 100 topics. If I want to search one of my topics I would just write it’s name and it will appear there. I mean, I can search it on the topics bar… but I would like to have one in the topics list too.

4 Likes

A dictionary for common bionicle names would also make sense, as this is the main focus of, the sight. These words could include Bionicle Kraata Rahkshi Krana Bohrok Toa,etc.

2 Likes

We can see how that could be appealing to members. However, this website is first and foremost a discussion board, not a dictionary/encyclopedia. The community already has excellent reference resources such as BS01.

Actually, the list is already arranged by most recently active.

Your browser already has the built-in functionality to do that. Scroll to the bottom of your topics list (in order to load all of the titles) and then select your browser’s “search/find” functionality (CTRL-F on most desktops). That search bar will search through all the HTML text loaded on the page. Make sense?

Since there are relatively few active community projects at the moment, we’ve decided that a whole new category isn’t warranted right now. However, if there’s a rapid influx of new popular community projects in the future, we may reconsider.

2 Likes

Wow! The search bar works! But my topics are not arranged in chronological order.

1 Like

By “chronological order” you mean the order in which they were created? If so, I’m afraid there is no current way to do that with the Boards’ software. If a new plug-in becomes available that includes a feature to resort topic lists, we’ll let the community know.

3 Likes

Understood.

1 Like

I more meant that typing toa warrants a red line under it, not a an actual dictionary.

1 Like

We’ll look into whether there’s a custom dictionary plug-in available. Until then, you’re probably best-off just manually adding commonly used BIONICLE words to your browser’s dictionary.

1 Like

New one! A progress bar for how close you are to the next level. That would be hard to program so I get why it doesn’t exist.

1 Like