Super Completely Serious Topic: The Making of a Bionicle Dramatic Reading Script!

If you are like me you probably listened to Bionicle: Revolution Dramatic Reading live. Now, it sounds like something TTV may enjoy doing again. So, I’m going to do it for them!

My ideas are that we absolutely have to bring back Pridak (Ven for the win), and also one of my complaints about the script for Revolution is that Ehlek gets not stinkin’ lines. At least, as far as we know. So let’s make a Barraki script! Main characters are the four Barraki (Carapar is dead and Takadox is a traitor), which is perfect because it looks like four cast members would be interested in doing this!

Rules I’ve placed upon myself-

-No sexual content or cursing
This was a problem in Revolution, forcing TTV to find ways to bend around it. While some ways to bleep out words were hilarious, I would suggest we write them in that way.

-Violence?
Graphic violence is fine, but let’s keep it low for the most part.

-Characters
I love OC’s as much as the next board member, but I think it’d be better if we keep characters canon.

-Canon?
Aside from characters, the story would be pretty cool if it fit in with G1, but seeing as seriousness is not going to be a priority, canon can definitely be bent. For example, romance. Sure, romance can be canon.

Help would be extremely “helpful”! Thoughts? Anger at Barraki? Pitches? Put it all here, and let’s make a script.

Current:

4 Likes

Why is drama alert one of the tags? Why is drama alert a tag at all?

2 Likes

I don’t know, I couldn’t find “dramatic” and didn’t have the heart to make a new one.

Please do.

1 Like

There you go! Does “dramaalert” mean something other than “hey there’s drama”?

Well…

I’d be interested in seeing where this goes, but be wary, I’d hate for the Pridaddy meme to be ruined by overuse. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, make it take itself as serious as it can. The LEGO Movie was completely self-aware of how ridiculous it was, which was what made it funny, but that’s not why Bionicle: Revolution was funny.

The reason Revolution was hilarious was because it was completely and sincerely trying to be serious and edgy and it was horribly written, which is a completely different form of funny than The LEGO Movie.

So, if you want to rekindle that fire, you have to make it take itself too seriously and make it seem like it was written by a 13-year old. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Interesting perspective. I really like that idea!

1 Like

Hey! Where did my picture of the gnome go?

1 Like

So, is low like someone getting shot and high like Mantanx doing a fatality on someone?

Okay, so here is the first part of the script! Not finished with act 1 yet, though I thought I got to a good stopping point. I’m hoping to make a ton of references to the Dramatic Reading of Bionicle: Revolution, as well as references to TTV and their jokes. I don’t have very many misspellings yet, I’ve decided to mainly use the “find and replace” tool to do that after I’ve finished. So, what do you guys think? Are my jokes okay? I find it hard to make jokes off of things you’ve written. Also, I’m still working on the title, so suggestions will be much appreciated.

1 Like