Super Sentai / Power Rangers

• Doggie Cruger
  • Doggie Kruger

0 voters

OKAY EVERYONE!
THE ULTIMATE QUESTION!
WHO IS BETTER.
DOGGIE KRUGER (from Sentai)
OR DOGGIE (Anubis) CRUGER! ( from Power Rangers)
TAKE YOUR PICK!

2 Likes

I voted Kruger and didn’t realize that you were asking if Sentai or PR was better. I just thought you were asking which spelling is better.

1 Like

I voted Kruger even though I haven’t watched Dekaranger since he was in one of my favorite tribute episodes in Gokaiger.

1 Like

You literally cannot compare them

There’s only a few things in common
Dog alien
Power ranger
Works at SPD

Outside of that, Cruger has a fare more complex backstory, sense of morality and layer of personal issues. He’s a completely different character in portrayal and personality. Even his style of leadership is different.

Where as Kruger is far more awesome, but doesn’t have the complexity nor thought in the character

Just comparing Rangers to Sentai is stupid enough, especially when it’s two amazing seasons.

But Doggie to Doggie?

Yeah no

3 Likes

They both had Doggie in their name which I always found sort of stupid, but I just added it anyways in the poll. People are meant to compare the things you said were similar and different about them (except view those points in their own opinions obviously) and see who they like better. It’s possible to compare them.

Also the poll was kind of a joke in the first place, I was bored and saw everyone talking about SPD and ‘space patrol doggo’ so I said “Why not?”

It’s very much like comparing say, Starcraft with Halo because they’re both in space and have aliens.

The only similarity here are just the common things shared from Dekaranger’s footage, a dog ranger that is a mentor and an alien
Everything else is different

It’s say, comparing Scott to Red Go-Onger because they’re both Red Rangers of the Car season. When the two are completely different and separate characters. Outside of that common theme shared due to Sentai footage.

Almost as possible as comparing Call of Duty to Rocket League because they have cars.
While that is exaggerated, common theme isn’t exactly a good basis - especially when both of the characters are wildly different outside of just being mentor dog rangers

It’s like as I said, perhaps it’s the same as Mad Max’s video game to Fallout 4, just because both are post apocalyptic. You can compare them, but it’s silly to do so.

Should probably do something to make it seem like it my dude

What’s your point of telling me off for some stupid poll? It’s just to see who likes who better. I’m comparing because they are counterparts but I want to know which person (or dog-human) people like better. Some people like Kruger better over Cruger because he has characteristics that they like that Cruger either doesn’t have or isn’t as good as. Cruger was made to be the Americanized version of Kruger, so it does make them comparable in the fact that I’m asking if you like the original or new one better.

Also I’m pretty sure my excessive caps, use of exclamation marks, and continuous line changing made it somewhat readable as a joke. But not everyone can translate every way of typing ever.

Aggression =/= Explanation you nerd lmao
But it’s just
It’s not fair to compare them
Because they’re not similar in any way but that linking theme due to footage
Like, Master Chief vs Doomguy.
You can, but it’s silly.
Where as, Doomguy vs if Ddomguy had a son in Doom 20
That was very similar
That’s comparable
Call of Duty MW1 to MW3, that’s comparable

Cruger was made to be the American counterpart yes, however the two are vastly different and seperate characters. Once again, like comparing say : Troy and Marvelous. or Super Megaforce and Gokaiger
The two are completely different shows and should be treated as such, so it’s unfair to compare them.

Also rip I generally associated caps lock with angry Sentai purists now because that’s all they use when you say like RPM is good but yeah in hindsight it was banter rip

1 Like

Man
Kyuranger has really been disappointing me with its Lucky this and Lucky that
but the two episode arc introducing RyuCommander was really good

its episode 9 and the 10th ranger is already there
11th ranger comes in episode 10

toys

3 Likes

Anything is comparable.
For example:
Chicken and a fridge
Chickens have feathers, fridges do not
Fridges can hold food, chickens are food
Chickens can be a few colors, fridges can be any color
Doesn’t matter if it’s unfair or the characters are vastly different, I made it as:

1. A joke
  2. To see if people preferred the original or new one better
  3. See 1 & 2

Also @Pot8o if you think their done with rangers then guess what

There’s going to be a 12th second Red Ranger named Houhou Soldier.

I already knew

Its not quantity that bothers me its how quickly they are shelling out the rangers
by the time all the rangers debut there will be 30 episodes left dedicated to filler

1 Like

Oh look
My exact point

I was going to say something banterish but this isn’t 2014 TTV Boards and I can’t be MaxiumumWarp.
Rip

Anyways, Kyuranger’s only problem is that Lucky seems to be solving anything and everything, along with how rushed everything is.
Like spread out the development episodes and pace, so we can actually focus on these interesting characters. Like Champ seeing Stinger join the team, or Stinger being more of a loner and doing recon and such. Like they just suddenly drop anything of interest in favour of Lucky and selling toys, in contrast to Ex-Aid where the pacing is kinda like video game progression, we’re just scrambling to get really high up and fight stuff.

Like, Xiao’s and was cool - but we really needed more hints at this before hand, more of people ignoring his orders. Everything feels far too contained because it’s fresh and keeps replacing previous points in the story.

1 Like

what happened to the whole deal with stinger killing champs creator?
like come on

1 Like

Kyuranger is good but they’re not putting focus in the right places.

Since I forgot this topic exists I’m just gonna continue to go on about how much I like Kyoryuger and completely ignore the fact that I still haven’t seen Gokaiger :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wish to retract this statement

It started off pretty well

But they never did much with the characters

At least half the drama was from people being mind-controlled against their will

And the finale was just a mess

It still wasn’t awful overall

Most of what I initially said still stands

But it sure left a bad taste in my mouth

1 Like

Oh come on man, even I’ve seem Gokaiger. And it’s great.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.denofgeek.com/us/tv/power-rangers/271015/bandai-and-power-rangers-end-partnership

Not sure if anyone really cares, but I find these bits of news rather interesting (even more interesting how all these things were announced within the course of a week) but this could change a lot of things for the franchise.

1 Like

I lost most of my interest of the series a while ago, yet still heard about this.

I honestly hope Hasbro does a good enough job with the figures.

I haven’t seen the last like 5 episodes of Super Ninja Steel, and it’ll be a couple more by then, but I’m thinking of just binging it over spring break to cry about just how low the franchise has gotten.