Super Sentai / Power Rangers

Finally caught up with ToQger. Honestly, it got better when i hit the 30 episode mark. Though the explanation on why some of these characters were unbearable in the beginning is an interesting take (trying to be vague so to not spoil anything) but the explanation I’m really into. Akira I’ve grown to like as well as Mio, Hikari & Tokachhi with Kagura & Right being okay at best. I can make a guess of how it’s going to end and if I’m right, the series will be overall alright. But have to wait and see.

2 Likes

ToQger is…
Mediocre.
cough Tei-Oh/ToQRainbow cough

I watched Ninninger episode 1. It was more interesting than the entirety of ToQger.

Long time no see :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, saw Ninninger and it was fun and interesting, the giant monster/mech was good as well. Can’t wait to see more

On a side note, Adi Shankar (producer of Dredd) uploaded his lasted “Bootleg Fan Film” on his youtube channel featuring The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, I thought it was great and is a very different take on the universe, so some fans may not like it but like I said, it was great to me.

1 Like

It remains to be seen if Starninger will be as awesome as Akira.

I personally didn’t like it. For the same reasons as the Onyx Tavern.

As a deconstruction/parody of the grimdark reboot formula that Hollywood keeps using, this is great. Even then, it almost does it too well.

1 Like

Everyone,

BEHOLD

THE ULTIMATE UNINTENTIONAL REFERENCE

2 Likes

I have COMPLETELY revamped my 10 favorite Sentai themes woohoo

10: Timeranger
9: Dairanger
8: Bioman
7: Gingaman
6: Goseiger
5: Megaranger
4: Go-Busters (I)
3: Kyoryuger
2: GoGoFive
1: Gekiranger

Over half my list was overhauled. Jeez.

2 Likes

Well, we did get Dragon Knight. We might not have gotten an American adaption for every season, but at least we got an adaption for one.

I have only seen two Sentai seasons (ToQger and Kyoryuger). Kyoryuger is far better than any Power Rangers season I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

And still to this day, the only sentai related thing I’ve seen is Samurai Flamenco (and a couple episodes of Ultraman but I don’t think that counts)

@JoeScibelli

Kyoryuger and To -KKYU- ger are the only seasons I’ve completed.

I’ve also seen bits of Bioman, Dairanger, Kakuranger, Gaoranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, and Ninninger.

Well the side of the Renketsu Bazooka says TQG. So does the front of the ToQ Buckle. The only places I’ve seen it spelled Tokkyuger are on Amazon listings, which are very often incorrect.

Don’t mind Kyo when he says Tokkuger instead of ToQuger, he does it as a very, very, very bad joke.

It’s such a bad joke it makes me mad.

and I don’t even get it

1 Like

Welp, this topic is dead.

The atrocity that is Ninninger is over, and a brand new Sentai arises!

(Note: Ninninger should’ve beenninger thrownninger the binninger.)

Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger!

Subs for episode 1 were recently released by Over-Time, so if you want to watch, go here.

(Note 2: You will need a Torrenting program to download it. I recommend uTorrent.)

1 Like

Personally my favorite are Spd, and jungle fury, but nothing beats the originals. :wink:

I dunno, but this Japanese BIONICLE commercial gives me some serious Super Sentai commercial vibes;

2 Likes

So realtalk

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3301/3566578424_29c6ace10d.jpg

Apparently toys were made of a potential Battlizer variant for the Green and Blue Galaxy Rangers

The green one looks so much better than the blue one

and the red one that we actually got

it’s not even funny.

EDIT:

Nevermind, they made a whole series of those figures like the green one

WHY DID WE NOT GET THESE IN SERIES?

I MEAN, AT LEAST THE RED ONE.

4 Likes

I honestly like the green one the most.

1 Like