Super Serums RP

OOC: I don’t even know what’s happening in the RP anymore i’ve been away from it for too long

1 Like

OOC: Short recap: one group of people went underground and met a race called the Myco, who have a mushroom-like biology and an underground kingdom. They wanted help protecting a magical stone from the Ruht, another underground race. The Myco need it to survive, and the Ruht want to take it from them.

Later, a smaller group involving a lot of NPCs (Brendan, Oswald, and not-Lauren, iirc) and Ike (belonging to LTV) and Lauren (belonging to myself) went underground. (This means that all other characters, including Scott, Bailey, Simon, dog whose name I cannot remember, Lily, and Ideruba were the ones in the Myco kingdom). Anyways, group 2 met a member of the Ruht, and were told that the Ruht needed a magic rock to survive, but the Myco had it. See the problem?

So group 2 joins some Ruht scouts to attack the Myco kingdom and steal the stone. Now everyone’s in the same place and maybe about to fight, but LTV’s Trio are being very wise, maybe because they have the advantage of seeing both sides, and are trying to stop the war. Except not-Lauren is destroying houses and probably aggravating things, because that seems to be her sole purpose in life. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OOC
Ideruba smiles “Awwww. You flatter us.”
Lily nods “I mean. Are we that wise?”
Ideurba “I still vote that we kill everyone. Seems wisest.”
Ike “Stop tainting our fresh image.”

Actually I wrote Ide off for some reason. Wasn’t in the kingdom

1 Like

…I get the impression that this place has died.

2 Likes

OOC: Maybe.

IC: Daniel mutters to himself, and gestures. He looks visibly strained, as the shadows form a large arachnid construct, about the size of a large man. He gestures, and the construct begins quickly scaling the wall, heading up for Jules’ position.

Jules manages to get off the building and begins to run away. When she looks behind her she suddenly notices the shadow construct following her and makes a run for it. She tries to make it around the corner of a nearby building.

IC: The construct leaps into the air, aiming to jump over her and land in front of her. It’s eight limbs whistle slightly as the air blows past them…

…and with a thundering crash, it lands on all legs, slightly to the left of Jules (still enough for her to run past, but not without jumping or ducking to the side). It rises to its full terrifying height, swiping a leg in a nonlethal blow aiming to bop her on the head hard enough to incapacitate her.

The trio just stand there muttering to themselves

Lauren walks away from the rock, moving with a purpose. She wanted to find the gate. If the Trio wanted their peaceful solution, that was fine. She didn’t want to be around to see it fail.

1 Like

Ideruba pipes up “Lets kill everyone here. Solves everything. No war. No fighting over the stone. No chaos. Everything is gone. Easy.”
Lily sighs “We can’t do that they’re alive. They have emotion. Joy. Families. Broken hearts like us.”
Ike shakes his head. “Guys, guys. Does it matter. Let them solve it for themselves. Easy on everyone.”

Jules cries out as she hurls herself to the right, making a roll as she quickly picks herself up, blade at the ready. However, she is unprepared for the attack, which knocks the sword out of her hand as well as partially stunning her. She looks at the creature, too out of it to do anything else for the moment.

1 Like

IC: The construct halts abruptly, and raises a blade-like limb into the air…

…and slamming it into the sword. Another limb moves, placing itself above Jules’ left shoulder as the construct leans in, as if looking at her.

Two of its limbs detach, wrapping around her arms like twin weights as the construct crawls out of sight for a moment.

Lauren frowns, frustrated. The gate is nowhere to be found. Shaking her head wordlessly, she continues on for another circuit of the kingdom. As she walks, a Myco peers out at her, half-hidden by a building of some sort. It quickly pulls away when it sees her looking at it. That would be Diana’s fault, she knew. Blasting away at the Myco’s buildings the way she did… the thought of it made Lauren’s skin crawl. Her eyes may not be quite so flashy, but at least they weren’t capable of such atrocities. She turns her attention to a nearby building, letting the flow of information distract her from any attempts to find out otherwise. She pushes away some of the barriers she had set up, mental focuses meant to keep her power from overwhelming her. Even more information flows in, and her brain goes into overdrive in an attempt to process it all.

Jules groans as she comes to before noticing the legs wrapped around her wrists (?). Startled, she tries to pull them off as she attempts to stand up, looking around for whatever… thing followed her.

OOC: yeah, wrists.

IC: They hold at first, seeming a bit snug, but nothing that could not be worked off with a few minutes of time.

The sound of the construct moving echoes out…as it climbs back up and stands before her.

A red-hoodie wearing man, with a black gas mask, is sitting on the construct. He steps off, putting his hands in his pockets as the construct fades away, vanishing into fading strips of darkness. He looks at Jules.

“Who are you?”

“What’s it matter to you?” She responds in frustration as she tries to work one leg off for a few more seconds. Then she changes her mind, trying to draw another sword, provided the legs aren’t too heavy.

Brendan disappears, looking for Diana. Simon stays put, investigating the stone.
Hm… if I can get rid of both Myco and Ruht, maybe I can take this thing undetected? It’d be a great help, would let Frederick skip right to phase 2.

Ideruba “I think we should kill them both.”
Ike shakes his head “Will you shut up about that? Please just calm down about that.”
Lily “I vote recreating the stone. Little Lauren could probably help with that.”

Lauren sneezes. Stupid allergies. Her concentration broken, she returns to searching for the gate.

She finds it, the same gate that team Myco entered by.