Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Topic

I’m going to start this off by quoting myself

Now that that’s out of the way I’ll say I’m more than happy with byleth. FE 3houses is a good game and you’re only kidding yourself if you thought it would be anyone else. I have no problems with more FE or sword characters. I find it funny that the same people who want Sora are also complaining about too many sword characters.

1 Like

That being said, Byleth has every one of those weapons, so…

There goes my hopes for Phoenix Wright.

sigh

Ya got six more shots, bud. It’s like a game of Russian Roulette where the bullet is made of fanboy tears.

3 Likes

In SB, or FE:3H?

1 Like

Man, I really thought it would be Dante but whatever. Six more shots.
Cuphead rep is nice tho, and the Assassins Creed costume was a surprise.

God Sakurai is such a troll i love it. How the hell does someone even learn binary counting?

1 Like

By taking an IT class. I can count in Binary.

Sakurai is certainly a troll though. Again, Nintendo, the kings if Left Field.

In Smash Bros.

I haven’t actually watched the full Direct, so I don’t actually know how Byleth plays, but the way I understand it right now is that basically you have four different move sets depending on the weapon.

I don’t know if they are each tied to a special move like Link or if you can use each one at will, or if they rotate like Robin. But a major aspect of the character is having all of the weapons from FE:3H.

1 Like

I’ve seen the reveal for Byleth, not the full thing, and from what I saw, showed just the sword (which bent for some reason) but, i could be forgetting. If it is, that’ll be interesting, but I was kinda hoping for a character with a lance primary weapon.

They show it off when they introduce the female version.

The intro was just a set up for a “too many swordsmen” joke.

For the people who haven’t watched the whole video yet basically byleths weapons are just cosmetic stuff. Side moves like forward smash and side special use a Lance. Up moves like up air and up smash use the sword. Down moves like down special use an axe. And neutral moves like neutral special use a bow. Something to note is that normals A.K.A. tilts and jab use the sword. I don’t remember seeing any throws so those are unknown. [quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:214, topic:45206”]
(which bent for some reason)
[/quote]

In the game it can extend and work like a whip.

Sigh, still no Captain Toad.

“Joining Smash consumes even the darkness itself!”

I guess Waluigi is the darkness. Every time he tries to join Smash, he just gets consumed.

2 Likes

Did anybody else watch glitch 8 last night?

no, but

issa meme, mario

4 Likes

I would cry if this was possible.

1 Like

Something that skip from everyone mind (including me) is every DLC that was chosen was picked by Nintendo, not Sakurai himself.

https://twitter.com/sora_sakurai/status/1059958604818657282?lang=en

Since 2 of the DLC represent an advertisement of a recent/upcoming games (Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem) it make me wonder if they’re willing to add another Pokemon rep from the upcoming DLC for Sword & Shield.

That’s a pretty good guess. As much as I would like to see decidueye or Blaziken I probably won’t. I suppose I’ll have to hope for a Kirby game or something. I’m still holding out for Bandana Dee.

Professor Oak?

1 Like

“Professor Oak, is ready send 10-year-olds on their own into the wilderness!”

He could just use infant Pokémon like Trainer and his skins would just be the other professors