Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Topic

WAAAAAALUIGI!

#Waluigi4prez2020

1 Like

If Bayoneta can be in Smash and represent her games almost to a T. I don’t doubt anyone else can be in smash.
SSF2 represents him pretty well too. I totally think Goku could be in smash.

Waluigi for smash. Soccer Guy is a madman. He could and would do it.

1 Like

Except Bayonetta is a video game character (who has also had a game on a Nintendo system). Goku is not.

1 Like

Looks at all the DB games that have been on the GC, DS systems, Wii, and most recently DBFZ on the Switch.
Most of these are fighting games as well. It wouldn’t be hard to take influence off those as well.

I just like Goku as a fighting character. He’s also a large icon in media for both Japan and the US. Nintendo wouldn’t loose anything tbh.

1 Like

But Goku is not principally a video game character. He’s a character that’s been in video games, but he was not conceived as a video game character.

I think of it this way: Smash is a fighting game for Nintendo characters. The third party additions can be considered “Nintendo-adjacent” because they’re all original, primary video game characters and aren’t much of a stretch. Someone like Goku is a massive stretch because he’s neither Nintendo nor adjacent, and so shouldn’t be considered for Smash.

Goku might be popular, yes, but would putting him in over someone a lot more recognizable, especially a video game character, really sell more games? I don’t think so. They wouldn’t lose much, yes, but it would dilute what Smash is as a brand.

If they put Goku in, what’s to stop them from putting everything popular under the sun in? It wouldn’t really be Smash then.

6 Likes

The big boi is here. :crocodile:

8 Likes

My Smash Direct Reaction:

#YES.

5 Likes

The Bemonts whips go disgustingly far and it makes me feel like a masochist. It outranges Corrins pin. Though reportedly it did get range nerfs but still.

It’s hard to disappoint me with Smash and I didn’t expect much but…

Thank god for the god himself Sakurai back at it again. What a legend.

1 Like

Finally getting K. Rool makes me so happy.

And Castlevania! Didn’t expect that but it’s an excellent choice for Smash Ultimate. Nintendo is really bringing their a-game on this one!

3 Likes

So a fat crocodile is good enough but not waluigi

Don’t really know anything about castlevania, but that sounds cool. Am I the only one that’d like to see Steve from Minecraft?

4 Likes

I’m STILL more concerned about Toad.

I only know King K. Rool from the song in Brawl (Wii), as well as a couple trophies, but I’m happy because I at least recognize the name, unlike Castlevania or whatever.

Now that you say that, I really want that to happen. He could throw TNT and ride a pig or something.

1 Like

But waluigi is a human being :stuck_out_tongue:

Link Echo Fighter.

It would be perfect.

1 Like

But Toad is a mushroom being :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

but aren’t Echos only from the same series as their bases?

Honestly, I do like the newly announced characters, but I’m a little disappointed we didn’t get Isaac/Felix/Matthew. Still holding out hope, though.

Maybe(and I’m going to be honest, I found this hopeful idea on reddit) they’re holding out on showing any Golden Sun content(seeing as how I don’t think any has been shown yet) for a whole big reveal of Isaac/Felix/Matthew?

here’s my idea: Isaac, with Matthew as an alt skin(ea. the Koopalings for Bowser Jr.) with Felix as an Echo(since we now know that not only veterans are getting Echos)

Although I’ve sort of given up on Amaterasu being in it. With Isaac being this big a stretch, I seriously don’t think we’ll get an Okami rep.

1 Like

Ssssh. I was joking.

2 Likes

There’s probably still a few characters who are yet to be revealed, so I’d say you shouldn’t get your hopes down too much.

1 Like

I figured as much. That’s why I had it crossed out

@fangface1 Oh, I’m still looking forward to new characters. I just find Amaterasu to be a little…unlikely.

Though it’d also be awesome if she got in.

1 Like

I doubt Sakurai would bring in another 4 legged creature after bringing back all the parts of PT

1 Like

Only one of the Pokémon that PT owns has four legs.