Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Topic

And that was the one I should’ve implied with my statement.

Edit: One could argue Squirtle actually.

But why does having one character who walks on all fours exclude any other quadrupedal characters?

So, technically, one could make the argument that Charizard and Pokémon Trainer are two different characters, and complain if both aren’t in the game. (Not me, of course)

I totally would be fine if they just had Pokémon Trainer, but I think it would be nice to instead get Squirtle and Ivysaur as stand-alone characters. By separating Zelda/Shiek, taking out Charizard as his in character, and splitting Samus/Zero Suit, Nintendo seems to want everyone to have their own Down-B (or “special” I guess, I’m used to nunchuk controls on the Wii).

I had this terrible realization that if Nintendo adds Steve, there’s not very many reasons for them not to add Fortnite characters, besides the fact that the main weapons used are very realistic…

Because making solely 4 legged fighting game characters is hard and I’d imagine it would be a headache to do it again.[quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:64, topic:45206”]
Nintendo seems to want everyone to have their own Down-B
[/quote]

They only did for Sheik and Zelda for S4 because of processing power on the 3ds.
Same for Charizard and ZSS/Samus

I was not aware of this. Well, Wii U Zero Suit Samus is my favorite character I’m the Wii or Wii U versions, so I’m happy they did that (even though I don’t own a Wii U)

Making Amaterasu into a Smash fighter wouldn’t be too difficult imo, they could very easily incorporate the Celestial Brush and the three Divine Instruments into her moveset.

2 Likes

Actually, Sounds good to use the Brush for some of her normal moves along with bites and stuff with fire. Then the Instruments for her specials with the down special switching some of the properties of her moveset (similar to Shulk and used to represent the Main/Sub Weapon Mechanic)

1 Like

Minor Update

Skip to the end if you only want Smash

the best character of Animal Crossing is here and I’m so happy

lol 6 minutes in the direct i get a splatoon anime op

ah… yes… i was thinking of saving up until they made a bundle for smash

1 Like

I couldn’t tell from what they had shown, but can anyone tell/is it specified if she’s her own character or a Villager Echo?

I’d expect Villager Echo; her moves seemed to be direct analogues for the Villager’s moveset, from what I can remember.

1 Like

Okay. I haven’t seen much of 4, so I didn’t know.

1 Like

Definitely an Echo. Maybe she could be like Doctor Mario and not be considered a Echo.

though the Doc has Captain Falcon stomp now

Edit:

Based off this seems like a Roy/Marth/Ike deal.

1 Like

Isabelle is a proper clone and not an echo, as she has an entirely new side special and her other specials show significant difference from Villager’s.

https://twitter.com/SSBUNews/status/1057271355912175616?s=19

Who will stand victorious from the leaks source? [poll type=regular]
  • Vergeben
  • The Grinch
[/] [poll ]
2 Likes

Update on some popular fighter choices, as shown in this morning’s direct.

[spoiler]Banjo: Null
Geno: Null
Isaac: Assist Trophy
New Pre-order Bonus fighter: A FLIPPIN PIRAHNA PLANT!!!

I’m a little bitter, if you can’t tell.[/spoiler]

4 Likes

Well we got a new pokemon. That’s cool.

Pirana Plant looks so good. He’s gonna be a combo god.

2 Likes

to sum up the new direct.

Ken and Incineroar joined to battle

Spirits are pretty cool to see, pretty cool

Piranha Plant is one of the least expected Smash fighters, and is the best

We have obtained an Adventure Mode

Taboo may have survived the Subspace Emissary

EVERYONE IS DEAD AS TABOO (?) DESTROYS EVERY FIGHTER, THE EARTH, THE ENTIRE FREAKING GALAXY

KIRBY SURVIVED!, NOW AVENGE YOUR FALLEN COMRADES!

We’re also getting DLC. I kinda want Jack Raiden (Metal Gear, primarilly his Rising Revengance version), Akuma (Street Fighter series), Excalibur (Warframe: though this is a big IF), Vivi (Final Fantasy IX), Wolf Link (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) , and Wild Dog (Time Crisis series) as DLC

2 Likes

I need Piranha. Wait, I need a Switch

EDIT: Found out his final smash is just the first boss from Brawl- he got 10x better