Suuuuuper smaaaaaash brotherrrrs!

I’m also Eastern. 8:00 sounds good.

My mains are Pac-man, villager, Shulk, little Mac, and toon Link. Sadly I have only one friend that owns a WiiU and we battle rarely online. Also I am obsessed with amiibos of my favorite charecters and have already purchased and preordered 7 in total.

1 Like

@Bigthwomp
What Amiibo have you ordered (or own atm)?

@Hawkflight @ToaVuhii @Indigogeek Here’s a friendly reminder for the tournament tomorrow at 3 PM EST, if you’re still in.

-MT

I should be open.

I have stuff tomorrow, don’t think I can make it.

@Takua Alright, I currently own, Kirby, Pikachu, Toon Link, Luigi, Mario, Samus, Bowser, Pit, and my current favorite Captain Falcon.
Pre-ordered King Dedede and Megaman. Ordered Shulk for 5/11 yesterday and snagged Sonic on target today.

Hey if there’s still space in the smash tournament am I allowed to join?

Edited for Double Post -Nyran

The heck, this comment never got posted some months ago. XP
I’m glad they made this one for the 3ds. Good for a new, but not too new experience of smash bros. I only started with Brawl, but was completely blown away by it and I think that’s what familiarized me with most of the Nintendo universe. I’m not that competitive of a player, but I got better with the demo. My character was often Kirby or Meta Knight.

Get out. /s

(Meta Knight was actually one of the first and only characters I played in Brawl. Play him occasionally in SSB4.)

1 Like

I’m usually free on Saturdays.

So I’m finally getting around to making a chat for Smash 3DS players.

If you haven’t got a PM, then reply and tell me what times of the day/week you can play on.

1 Like

So just to update everyone, we’ve got some news on the summer online Wii U tournament.

First off, the tournament has an official name: Ascend to the Heavens. You can be sure various pictures of Ganondorf in the middle of an Up Smash will be accompanying the logo.

Secondly, the ruleset is pretty much all but finalized as well. We’ll be going with:
2 stock
First player to win 3 games wins the set
6 minute time limit
No items (obv)
Custom Moves/Fighters are banned (unless someone really wants to argue for this, in which case I’ll listen)
Mii Fighters are banned
Stage Counterpicks are a thing, more on that later
There will be a Losers’ Bracket

Thirdly, Stage List has been finalized as well
Starters: Battlefield, FD (and all Omega forms EXCEPT for Gamer), Smashville, Town and City
Kongo Jungle, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Duck Hunt, Pokemon Stadium 2, Delfino Plaza, Wu Hu Island Cruise, Castle Siege

Fourthly, Stage Rules

Initial stage pick will be done by striking. Basically what this means is that before a match starts, the two players will ban stages in an alternating manner. The first player will choose a stage from the starter list that they do not wish to play on in that round, leaving three stages left. The second player will choose one from the remaining three, and the first player will finally choose from the last two. Whatever stage is remaining at the end is the stage the first match will take place on. The player that gets to ban a stage first will be determined by coin flip.

Counterpicks, as mentioned before, are a thing. These are a bit more simplified than your standard tournament counterpicks. After the first game is completed, the loser of that match will pick the stage for the next game, choosing from either the Starter or Counterpick list. This format will continue for the duration of the set, with the loser of the previous game picking the stage for the next game, and communicating to their opponent which stage they want by entering their choice in the profile name section (or by Skype or some other means).

The only limitation for this is that once a stage has been used in a game, it cannot be used again for the rest of the set. For instance, if Final Destination is the first stage picked for a set between Pig and myself, Final Destination cannot be chosen again by either one of us.

Lastly, sign ups will begin in early-mid May, with the tournament itself starting in late May/early June. If you can, I’d suggest getting a Skype before then; it’ll definitely come in handy.

-MT

2 Likes

1 Like

Ooooh, smash. :smiley:

Interesting…

I’m assuming this is a TTV-wide tournament?

So Smash tournament sign up topic is up.

Everyone should go here and sign up (provided you have a Wii U)

-MT

Dos anyone think Melee is gonna be added to the Eshop?

Won’t that be nice.

Also, June 14. Super Smash Bros Direct. Let your bodies be ready.

2 Likes

I got into this a couple months back and came to this verdict;

Link is gr8, Naruto is super spammable, I kinda just like Ichigo because of his visual fighting style, marth is good when you don’t freakin final smash off the edge, Meta Knight=Meta Knight, and Captain Falcon can lay out the damage ._.