Tabletop RPG campaign: "The Powers of Old" (closed for players)

Alright, next time I have access to a computer I’ll work on my sheet. Would you mind helping me out with it? I’ve never done something like this before and would appreciate some guidance.

Of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK I’ll probably be able to work on it in several hours… If I have any questions, I’ll ask and you can answer whenever. Thanks!

You just described parts of my map almost perfectly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can only put 20 points in each Attribute to start out with, right?

Says so in the rules, so yes.

1 Like

Well then I am done.

I am a massive tank with a pet bird thing.

Oh and I can fly. Because of my mask.

Now would a Rahi companion get it’s own attack and stuff?

@DragonBorn_Ben
I will check what the rules might have to say about Rahi companions, but I believe they will be placed as a separate character on the map. Since Rahi tend to have little HP and Armor, I believe you’ll have to be careful if you actually wish to use it in combat.

I noticed you have two shields, which use bashing attacks and count as One-Handed Melee. Note that unless you have the Dual Wielding feat, you can’t strike with both shields on the same turn, as far as I can tell. You might want to take that Feat first, and then Ambidextrous on your next level-up?

I like your character otherwise. :slight_smile:

Important: I made a mistake on the sheets. The formula for calculating your total bonus in a Skill’s attribute check does NOT include the value in the Modifier column. It had a bunch of other complicated stuff to write in, so I forgot to add it. Sorry about that.

Also, I forgot to add both Magnetism and Iron to the list of Elemental powers, because they don’t actually have defined powers in the rules. You may assume that Magnetism will be similar to Gravity with the lifting and crushing, and that it can cause knockback/similar effects. Iron will have crushing metal, along with forming solid projectiles. We’ll work out the exact details. Sounds good?

1 Like

I actually switch one of the shields out with an Axe. So yeah.
The shield is just there to boost my armor. I will mainly wield the axe for attacking.

Whoops I missed up and put a two handed axe. Let me fix that real fast.

Ah, I understand. Works.

1 Like

I am really looking forward to this.

1 Like

You and me both. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Katuko, I have finished designing a map, I have attempted to make a mysterious island with a varied environment and some interesting backstories here and there but it ismostly just a hollow shell with most things left for you to decide as far as settlements, structures, stories, quests and dungeons go.

All that’s left to do is make it look pretty, and upload it.

That sounds very nice. Thank you for your work.

I’ve made a few edits. I’ll fill in the backstory stuff later.

I am almost done with drawing out the map, only Stone, Sonics and areas near the Ice region remain, (I may do the sea too) It shoud be up by tomorrow morning.

edit: I have finished:

This is an unnamed island with support for all of the elements.
Right now it won’t be easy to comprehend but i need to sleep now, I can give more details on this tomorrow, as I’ve spent too long drawing this and I need to sleep.

3 Likes

Why do the Ga matoran get such a small area?

1 Like

The all get small areas, (if anything the ga matoran an area is technically the largest), I’ll be able to explain the map soon, but I need to write quite a lot.

Ok, time to describe the map
http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/0/9/099ac5f27d80399ff1af8dd61bd2b944fcc0fdc0.png
Most of the island is completely wild, and the rahi are too dangerous for matoran to just life anywhere, marjoram have to live in the most extreme and inaccessible environments they can to avoid predators;

1. huge mountain, Ko-Matoran an live near the peak.
  2. A large lake formed by a river from the mountain, fed by a waterfall.
  3. The river from the lake.
  4. River delta, Ga-Gatoran live here as few rahi are adapted to the environment, and it is to shallow for any dangerous water rahi to navigate.
  5. A huge desert, too dry for most dangerous rahi, though some scorpions and such are still present, the main danger here is dehydration.
  6. Caverns, these are mostly flooded, due to natural springs present within, Onu-Matoran and Fa-Matoran live here side by side, though the caves get increasingly dangerous the further down you go, both in the flooded sections and the dry ones.
  7. Iron canyon, the springs from the caves have created a fast flowing river wich in turn made a canyon, metal rich sediment is present here, deposited by the river.
  8. Some stone structures the Po-Matoran live amongst, they provide good protection, and there is a mix of ancient ones and more recent ones made after the Matoran came into the area.
  9. Fe-Matoran live here, near the end of the canyon.
  10. Old piers, usually the safest way onto the island
  11. A peninsula where stacks have formed. Looks quite pretty.
  12. Burnt forest, in the middle of an ash region, difficult to navigate, but much safer than braving the rahi that live in the ash around it.
  13. Smaller volcano
  14. Bigger volcano at times of lower activity, Su-Matoran come from (15) to live in the caldera instead, (though not actually in the lava)
  15. Ancient fortress Ta-Matoran and Su-Matoran live here, as it is very well protected.
  16. A very strange area the ground is stony and full of hot-springs and constant Winds from the north cause convection against the mountain (1) as such, lightning storms almost always shroud this entire area. Vo-Matoran live here and most Ce-mayor an choose to live here (though some just went elsewhere)
  17. An almost unexplored area with stone structures and some kind of temple seem to be here, though no mayor an ever comes here, the prospect of doing it seems insane, even if they don’t know why.
  18. A big cliff face to the North West of the mountain, not a completely sheer drop, though.
  19. A rainforest, Bo-Matoran live in the tree tops, though they often climb up to (20).
  20. Where that huge watery hole once is, there was once a hill, until a Toa of gravity performed a Nova Blaston the peak of it. Long story short, the black whole was eventually removed, but it left some weird gravitational disturbances behind, stones were torn out of the mountain, making (18). The stones have since been linked by the Bo-Matoran with very strong, thick vines, strong enough to hold a manas crab, Ba-Matoran live on a rock near the original disturbance, Le-Matoran live on the largest and highest rock. (On the rocks, low gravity is experienced)
  21. A derelict fortress in the middle of the desert De-Matoran live here because it is so quiet.
  22. There was once a port here, ships can still be moored, at the user’s own peril.
  23. Boats can also be moored on this enonsula and the one above it, if you don’t mid a giant insect swarm attacking you.

Here is a side on view of the island to help everyone understand the shape of the landscapes (I did this very quickly and this image looks even worse than the real thing since i had to lower the image quality a lot more for some reason)

(I have actually made up names for the things on the map, If the GM wants me to change this post to include those as well I easily can.

4 Likes

It certainly has a lot of thought put into it. I like a lot of the concepts you have going on here.

Unfortunately it doesn’t fit all that well with the stuff I have planned out, but that is definitely my fault for not writing down my thoughts and putting them online. I was planning to have a deliberately vague “world map”, and then fill in specifics about each area as we went. I thought you were making a rougher shape/biome map, so you surprised me a bit here by making the map so detailed. :slight_smile:

I notice a lot of desert covering this place, and the volcanic side of the island is also rather barren. In my mind I was picturing a much more lush island, at least near the landing beach and the central area. I’d also have a far larger stone canyon area next to the desert, transitioning into some volcanic region. I imagine the Matoran of Water to have a great big bay, isolated by cliffs, and the De-Matoran to stay on a glacier together with the quiet Ko-Matoran.

In short, your map is very different and has a lot of features compared to what I was planning. That said, it’s a very interesting map, and certainly one I would find enjoyable to explore. If it’s OK with you, I would keep it in reserve for a later campaign. If you wish to run your own game with it instead, that is fine too. I would participate in that. :wink:

I will probably throw together my own map, stealing some of your island’s shape and some of the features you have on that list. I hadn’t planned out the underground areas all that well, so there’s plenty of ways to fit in flooded sections etc. ^^

By the way, I found a whole bunch of free RPG maps online, both for dungeon layouts and smaller encounters/towns. I’ll touch up some of them to make them fit BIONICLE a bit more, but a lot of them are ready to go. I managed to find a top-down beach map, so we’re getting closer to a playable first part. :slight_smile:

Meanwhile your character sheets seem to be nearing completion. A few players have told me that they will likely be busy this weekend, so we’ll probably have to delay a bit further before we start. That is good for my planning, as I won’t have to rush anything, but it also means we’ll have to have some patience before we start.

In the meantime, if you have any suggestions for how to handle the game, or any useful resources to link to, bring them on. :mask:

1 Like