Tahu having 42 powers

You can obivosly be so OP that the OP armour that gave you the powers outclassed itself by giving you OP powers

1 Like

Well, yes, the Makuta abilities are OP. That’s why Tahu is now considered the most powerful Toa, and why we never saw a normal Toa defeat a Makuta in a fair fight. All the battles we saw between Toa and Makuta in the main story were ones that the Makuta in question (in both Mangaia and Karda Nui) were trying to throw.

1 Like

Honestly, how overpowered Tahu became made me want him to go rogue. I understand that that’s unlikely, given his character, but it would’ve been a cool arc to have the heroes try and take him down.

1 Like

That’s actually a very interesting idea.

I might use that for a story or something :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t see the advantage of deliberately losing any of those fights.

Edited for Double Post.
~Chronicler

Teridax letting the Matoran and Toa think they had beaten him in 2003 and then also letting them think that he didn’t want them to awaken Mata Nui in '08 was kiiiinda the entire crux of his Plan.

So: Put up a good fight against Takanuva, but then lose so they get a false sense of security and re-enter Metru Nui, thus resuming the work that allows the Great Spirit Robot to function. Then instruct the rest of the Makuta to put up a good fight, but then lose, in Karda Nui so that the Toa don’t become aware that they’re playing right into his hands by waking the robot back up.

I don’t think any of the Makuta in karda nui wanted to die horribly to energy storms.

Maybe that’s just my thought. :stuck_out_tongue:

And what about fighting the Metru for the mask of time? He really wanted that thing didn’t he?

1 Like

They didn’t know about the storms. That was made very clear. Teridax deliberately kept that from them since, yes, they would not have followed through with the whole plan if they knew they were going to die when it finished.

The '04 fight, in all honesty, can be chalked up to the fact that Makuta lore was very murky when that part of the story was written. I’m fairly certain (but feel free to try to disprove me, I could be wrong) that it had not yet been decided that Makuta would have all of the Rahkshi powers.

1 Like

Yes, but they could’ve done something.

I know it specifically states they can’t teleport through the dome, but what happened to “limited” invulnerability (claimed to make one absolutely invulnerable to physical harm of any kind. Lightning storms of doom are pretty physical)?

Well you could say the same for 03 but they came up with a squeaky clean idea for that little screw up too.

It probably would have worked, but off the top of my head most of the Makuta still alive by the time the storms hit had reasons not to trigger that power.

• Gorast was despondent that Teridax had betrayed them and iirc just accepted the end
  • Mutran was too preoccupied trying to understand the storm to bother avoiding it
  • Bitil was obsessed with the thought of being the only Makuta to survive and being rewarded for it

Etc. Sure, any of them could have triggered Limited Invulnerability, but they couldn’t have survived forever— the storms would have eventually got them.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, the Mistika Makuta also had their powers restricted by the mutations they underwent.

2 Likes

Still begs the question of 04 though.

I honestly feel like giving them that many powers in the first place was a stupid idea.

I know my writing suffers when I give a character a bunch of powers. Half the time I forget most of them and end up using just one most of the time (Kulta only ever seems to use his mask of Gravity he nicked in my story, ehehehe whoops). 42? No way I’d be able to keep track of that.

And then it’s like:

Power scream, Sonics. What’s the point of having these two here when Sonics would also allow a power scream assumedly. Would the power scream be better for the Kraata with that specific power? The same could be argued for Rahi and insect control. What’s the point of making that distinction? Or laser vision and heat vision? It’s dumb.

2 Likes

@Aquaraptor

I tried myself to come up with an explanation for this:

Maybe the difference between Rahi Control and Insect Control is simply that Rahi Control allows to only control a few Rahi at the same time, but any Rahi, while Insect Control allows to control a lot of Rahi, but only works on certain species and maybe also only on one species at once.
Thus you could maybe tell a dozen Nui-Rama what to do with Rahi Control, but to make a whole hive of thousands of Nui-Rama do your bidding you need to use Insect Control.

This still leaves open the question of what defines as an “insect” in the Matoran Universe, though.

That needs a more specific definition of “physical harm”, I guess.
Otherwise since the Rahkshi powers are basically the powers the Makuta wield I always considered this to be simply a trait of Antidermis - even more so of gaseous Antidermis. I mean, try to hit gas with a sword. In solid form I always thought this power simply granted greater durability towards physical hits, much like a natural armor.

I’d agree with that. After all it’s adaptive armor, so maybe it adapted to allow Tahu to wear the golden armor over it?

There is no reason to continue wearing the golden armor anymore though. The golden armor is just that at this point, an armor that looks gold. The Kraata powers are in Tahu and the armor was designed to only be used once.

Bs01, Golden Armor, Functionality: “The armor’s primary function was only able to be used once.”
Hmm… There’s no source for this though… Still, I’m pretty sure Greg has mentioned this before somewhere.

The only once use source is called: Journey’s End page 42…

@Gilahu Official Greg Dialogue:

Dec 28 2009, 07:37 PM

[quote][quote][quote][quote]hi greg

1. dumb question but in the new comic the control console of the prototype robot appears un damaged yet you said it self desrtucted 150,000 years ago, did mata nui repair it?

2.you also said(i think) that the golden armor was referenced in the new comic. is the energy that runs the MU what makes golden armor so powerful?

thanks in advance .[/quote]

1. No, it simply is the best shielded portion of the entire robot. The MU one survived a crash into the ocean from outer space intact, too.
  2. It’s referenced by the title, not anyplace else in the story.[/quote]

sorry about the spelling, it was combo of fast typing and no spellcheck.

1.does nektanns scythe have any powers?

2.can tahu wear adaptive armor and golden armor at the same time?[/quote]

1. Not that I am aware of
    2) Yes[/quote]

Do not double post. - Eljay

3 Likes

A lot of the powers that Tahu now has are powers Toa would consider immoral. No Toa is going to disintegrate their foe, killing them. There are powers he’d hardly ever use.

But I do think it overpowers Tahu a bit though. Maybe Tahu doesn’t know he can still access these powers.

That’s why I used Marendar for the disintegrate example. It’s a (as far as we’re aware) non sentient robot with the sole purpose of killing Toa, in the same way the Baterra killed anyone with weapons.

1 Like

That’s fair. Idk, I just don’t like Tahu having THAT much power. It makes me uneasy.

I agree honestly.

1 Like

Wait a second. Tahu only has the powers of Rahkshi he killed with the Golden Armor right? If that’s the case, then wouldn’t the only new power he gained be the ability to shoot laser beams out of his eyes while holding a staff?