Tahu Nuva

Little to be said here. This was a moc I built during the course of one night for a longterm display my fellow members of BioniLUG are doing for some hobby story owner.

Thankfully I was able to reuse the Torso I had used on Bonele, with little modification.
My goal was to make a Tahu Nuva moc that was essentially a CCBS version of the 2003 model. Given the size increase I felt using the same weapon pieces would not work, hence what you see. In my opinion they keep the same general shape and style, but fitting for the size.

As for the head, it would have been simpler to just reuse a mata head, but where is the fun in that? As such I used a head I had made for awhile, but had never used it in a moc. Fun fact, tried to replicate Tahu’s eye colors from 2001-2003, which was this weird pinkish red. I like to think I did a good enough job replicating it.

He lacks full waist articulation, but he can turn from side to side at the waist. And yes, I did wipe away the printing from a Skull Warrior chest piece, however it was my first time doing so and you can tell.
Not much else to say really, he was just a quick moc I made for something else.

(Yes my only Hau Nuva is mucked up. Somehow at some point it became cracked in two different spots, causing it to warp a bit. However it was the only red Hau Nuva I had. Shrugs)

Something comes from above!

Note: The pin connectors in Tahu’s feet are there for no other purpose other than the fact the moc will either be screwed into a display or connected via pins. As such they were required, unless I wished to use Hero Factor feet, and I really didn’t.

Tahu facing off against a slightly updated Valen.

35 Likes

The reused torso seems to work, not too sure about the weapon choice, the bottem legs could be wider for more depth, and head is rather awkward, even with the mask on.

The weapons are really good. I will likely copy that design. I like how You’ve captured the essence of Nuva with ccbs. Not easy to do.

1 Like