Takadox and Carapar Scene

Hi, I thought I’d share this video with the boards. I’m currently working on a feature-length stop motion film called “Bionicle Ignition 2” that faithfully follows the 2007 books and serials. Let me know what you think, feedback is incredibly valuable for prototype scenes like this!

30 Likes

waaaaaahoooooooo

the hype is on

2 Likes

Looks amazing. I can’t wait for this.

1 Like

Well done. I really enjoyed how Takadox was portrayed here.

2 Likes

I didn’t watch the first one since I had no time, but I’m going to make sure to watch this. Seriously, this looks amazing.

For the record, this looks phenomenal, as I’ve come to expect and appreciate from your work. I would lower the frame rate a tiny bit and try to smooth out some of the upper-body movements; that said, you’re doing a good job.

oh, lord, that voice acting.

it’s gud.

you got a heck of a lot of potential here, mate.

just try and increase the frame rate, in order to try and make things more fluid. remember- tiny movements.

Even if it takes a lot of time, and frustration, the payoff in the end will be worth it.

1 Like

Dang, this is great! The voice actors match very well and I love how Takadox is portrayed. A few tips:

• I recommend trying to add some water-themed sound effects in order to really sell the idea that these are characters moving around bellow the waves.

• It took me a few seconds to realize that Takadox was hypnotizing the other characters. How about adding some audio/visual effects in order to illustrate his powers?

• If you’re really trying to follow the official canon, I recommend swapping out the Matoran’s mask. Matoran never had access to Nuva masks like that blue Akaku.

1 Like

Wow, Takadox’s voice acting is on-point. I would recommend adding in a bit more movement to the Ga-Matoran; it looks weird having her be completely still, even if she’s not saying anything.

Can’t wait to see the final product!

I loved the first movie, and I’ve been really excited for this one. The animation looks actually a lot better than the first one, and like others have said, Takadox’s voice acting is phenomenal. Can’t wait!

Ive been waiting for this series for a while now, and im glad to see its shaping up to be great

The animations and voices are fantastic! I can’t wait!

This depiction of takadox tho!
He has a voice that says: “I’m a good manipulator”
He walks all hunched over and that makes him extremely creepy

I love it

WHOA! The stop-motion quality has improved by miles!