Tea Time!

Imgur

12x12 Vignette MOC made for Summer Joust 2019. Being my first vignette, I think it turned out alright. I’m most proud of the flooring technique. The walls, though, are basic. The shelving and mural help give it some life, but I want to try something more detailed next time. Hope you all enjoy.

46 Likes

I personally find vignettes really interesting, as they seem to tell a story with each one, and this one does not fall short!

1 Like

Very realistic. Great job!

1 Like

I can’t express in words how much I love this thing.

1 Like

Thank you! I love your analysis on vignettes, as it’s very true. It’s like a comic book, each vignette is like a comic panel which can be combined to tell a bigger story. That’s why the original Cloud City set worked so well!

Thank you guys so much. Means a lot to me.

1 Like

Love it, really captures the asian look and I love the floor!

1 Like

“Dude, where did half our walls go?”
“Shut up and eat your tea.”

But really, the attention to detail is great, right down to their leg positions.

1 Like

For your first vinyette, this turned out fantastic.

1 Like

It looks fantastic, you’ve crammed a ton of detail into such a small space, how’d you get those floorboards spaced?

1 Like

Very good build

1 Like

Thanks Sokoda, the floor is definitely my favorite part here. I appreciate your feedback, as you are a very experienced System MOCist.

@Zero @SonicBionicleMaster Thanks guys!

@SirKeksalot Thanks, the leg positions are actually inspired by this entry. Check it out, it’s stunning.

Ancestors]

Thank you, I really tried to add some detail to the rather basic wall with the shelves and plant. The floorboards are spread using 1x2 SNOT (Studs Not On Top) bricks laid on their side. Got a ton at BrickFiesta this year so I had fun experimenting with them.

4 Likes

OHHHHH, I think I get what you did, that’s genius.

1 Like

Very solid design, great piece choice. Awesome representation.

1 Like