Teen Titans Go to the Movies (noplz)

I’ll admit, that poster made me laugh a little.

1 Like

Creepy…
And why they copied the poster for a bad movie, for Athena’s sake?

Justice League wasn’t THAT bad… It’s not so mush copying a bad movie as much as it is parodying the most recent superhero team movie that also happens to be DC.

1 Like

I’ll admit I thought that was a fan-made poster. At least they probably know no one wants this movie.

Well I now have hope that maybe this’ll be good; nick cage finally gets to play superman. Let the insanity degin.

Notice that Teen Titans Go! will be released on 27th of may.
You know what else is released on 27th of may?
Infinity War!

Infinity War is released APRIL 27th, not May 27th

3 Likes

Kill me, please, in the fastest way possible.

1 Like

Just watched the trailer for the first time.

That’s it.

So Nick Cage will finally get to play Superman. That’s cool I guess.

1 Like

I feel so… conflicted… about that.

Alright. I cannot believe I’m actually going to say this, but after seeing this trailer… I’m actually looking forward to this movie. Let me explain.

So there seems to be a lot of that self deprecating humor I talked about before, but something about this just seems so much more well done than what the show has done in the past. It openly points out specific flaws and moments, and legitimately criticizes them. The fact that these titans could not work at all in a serious situation, and then runs with it. This is by no means just an hour long episode. There actually seems to be a noticeable amount of dare I say… effort, put into the Teen Titans Go movie.

3 Likes

The part where Robin called Deathstroke/slade Deadpool made me laugh

3 Likes

See! Not only does there seem to be effort, but it also has actual comedy! Good comedy at that!

I honestly can’t believe I’m looking this forward to the Teen Titans Go movie.

2 Likes

Same. I’m honestly thinking of seeing it in theaters after that trailer. I’ll still be disappointed if there’s no nick cage freak out though.

1 Like

I think I just figured why the self depreciating humor works so much better here than it does in the show.

When the show did it, it was essentially saying “We know exactly what you want, but we’re not going to give it to you.” It always said things like “We can’t make it super serious like the original because it’s a kids show.” or “Stop getting so upset about a kids show.” It said that they knew what they were doing, and said that what they were doing was perfectly right.

But that’s not what they’re doing here. They’re showing us what’s wrong, and saying “Yeah, that doesn’t work. You can’t expect to act like jackrabbits and say nothing but the word waffles for ten minutes and expect everything to be okay.” This movie is taking itsel seriously in the best possible way it can, and I love it.

Edited for language

What it needs is Nick cage mullet

1 Like

I also love how they poked fun at the Green Lantern movie.

1 Like

So, basically this is as meta as Deadpool. (I actually have only seen the Deadpool 2 trailer)

This will suck although I do like the whole slade before deadpool reference but seriously if your reboot show is total :racehorse::poop: compared to the original how can a movie of said reboot be good?