The Antidermis pool (Gilahu's Brotherhood Project Makuta WIPs)

Here’s the probably last update before I can get some more parts from Bricklink:

@Sammythekat

I changed Sachel’s head (although it still doesn’t look too good in my opinion, so I might change it again) and took away the Onua claws since I felt like they were sticking out too much.
Obviously miscoloured parts are hopefully obvious.

I guess if I actually manage to give him the cape I want to give him everything except the head and hands is more or less finished.

And I think I figured out one problem of my Krika MOC: the dark red simply didn’t add enough contrast, so I replaced it with normal red.
Obviously I need to get more red Bohrok eyes…

Before

After

Now, do you also think that the brighter red is a better choice?

2 Likes

fir sachel, i liked the old torso better.

also, yea, the head is not that good.

1 Like

I think Sachel was originally supposed to be more hunched over and have a strong upper body, more… Orgre-like, but I like your version. Keep up the good work.

Also, good job updating Krika. It’s not much of an update, but it’s an improvement.

1 Like

umm, no.

more just “broad shouldered”.

1 Like

@Sammythekat

That picture actually explains quite a lot of your design choices for the original Sachel (haven’t looked at it that closely before). Nonetheless I think that this… thing is ugly as heck and I admitedly don’t really regret moving away from it to some extent :sweat_smile:.

As to the ribcage - I’ll give it another try should the cape fail, speaking of which I should probably first try to make something out of paper to see if it works and to get the measures right…

1 Like

ok.

yea, i’m fine with the direction the body is currently going.

just, maybe if there was a way to add the ribcage and still have connection points for the cape?

1 Like

The connection points aren’t the problem. My problem was that I felt that the Onua claws were sticking out too much to the front. I think I might be able to extend the remains of the ribcage (those two little white barbs) down, though… or rather adding more “ribs” like them.

Oh, I didn’t see that picture at first, just the moc. Nevermind, then.

@Sammythekat

I actually managed to finally come up with a custom head I like for Sachel. Also I’ve experimented with capes a littel bit (don’t worry, if I manage to give him a proper cape it won’t be out of paper ;)) I also added another pair of “ribs” - the current torso build doesn’t allow me to add more in a good looking way (or at least I haven’t figured out how yet)
And yes, mask and cape are based mostly on my drawing of Sachel and not too much on your MOC.

With simple cape:

“Better?” cape:

And I also started building the legs of @Rac’s Makuta Zhun:

I actually simply started building and didn’t look at the MOC again before right now… I’m probably going to add white instead of blue to the colour scheme simply because my MOC will wear a great Matatu which only comes in white. And… I hope you can forgive me if I’m not sticking too close to the original?

2 Likes

I don’t really mind if you don’t follow the design exactly, but I do have a few nitpicks about the colors. Firstly, I’d turn those technic pins on the upper legs sideways, so that the blue pins aren’t visible from the front. Or replace them with black or white pins, if you have those, but they’re rare so you might not.

Also, silver is a pretty reflective color, and seems odd for a Makuta who literally hides in the shadows.

Finally, and this is just me offering advice on the MOC itself: I’d go with either black or dark grey, but not both.

And I have to ask out of curiosity: is that Metru leg armour attached to anything, or is it just resting there?

1 Like

@Rac

All that currently would be silver in the finished version would be the Pohatu claws. I’m not sure if they also exist in black - but if they do and I can get some I’ll replace them.

I personally don’t have a problem with that yet. There probably is no way that I can get around using black parts, yet I want to keep those Rahkshi shoulders and since the original is mostly grey I want to keep that colour as well… Time will tell what I’ll do.

Presently not :wink: I currently don’t have any more of the parts that are needed to attach it.

Yeah, I can understand that. In my case, I generally avoid using Dark grey, plus I had just taken apart Phantoka Pohatu, so I had a bunch of grey for Zhun.

Yeah, me too, but on the other hand Zhun finally enables me to use some of the parts that just accumulate and never get used :stuck_out_tongue:

the head looks OK, save for the “tusks”

@Sammythekat

:grin:

Without them I feel like the head looks not so good from the side, though. Well, perhaps when I correct the colours I come up with a better idea.

Oh, and I also thought about ditching those blades on Sachel’s forearms and giving him something like a staff of office instead. What do you think?

1 Like

eh. keep the blades, just downsize them?

i still want him to have some form of an offensive weapon (that isn’t a makuta power) if he loses his staff.

2 Likes

Some updates:

@Sciencegiraffe
Reppirax’s probably finalized sword design:

I decided to keep this thin section below the blade - in fact I made it even longer - in order for the sword to have a realistic length. And you wouldn’t cut with that part of the sword anyway.
Only the handle might still be changed - that depends on how I’ll eventually connect the sword to the hand.

@Rac
Zhun has now two legs - although they still lack that part of the lower leg armor. I also built his weaponry - two daggers and a Falcata/Kukri kinda thing (with a still miscoloured handle):

I want Zhun to be able to store his weapons. Ignore the torso for now.

2 Likes

Well, it’s certainly better than my Zhun’s weapon storage. I don’t think I showed it on the topic, but Zhun could store his weapons on his hips, problem was the tended to fall apart when he tried to retrieve them.

I’ve never been a fan of Kukri myself, but I can see Zhun using one.

Anyway, as far as your moc goes, one thing does kinda bother me: that gap at the top of the upper legs. Sure, it’s small, but since the legs switch style at that point from a sorta tube style to the thin Nuva hands, it looks disjointed.
And I know they’ll be covered by the leg armor anyway, but I find it funny how the lower legs have one blue pin horizontal and one vertical.

1 Like

Yeah, I would’ve liked to cover that myself, but with those Visorak feet in the way I’ll probably have to leave it like this. It doesn’t bother me that much, though.

Oh c’mon! Really? I feel like you’re kinda paying attention to the wrong stuff. :laughing:

“Fixed” it.

Wasn’t really a “complaint” since like I said, it’ll be covered by the armour anyway. I’m just too detail-oriented to not notice it.

1 Like