The Antidermis pool (Gilahu's Brotherhood Project Makuta WIPs)

I didn’t mean it seriously :wink:
Thought it kinda funny that someone would actually notice something like this.

EDIT:

@Rac

I now have the basic proportions of Zhun. Also a size comparison.

I’d like to keep the lower arms this way, but in the end it will depend on how the proper hands will turn out.

@Sammythekat

I decided to redo Sachel completely (except for the head) since he was turning out way too small, so don’t expect anything soon.

2 Likes

You might already be planning this, but It could use something on the upper arms, so the shoulders don’t look so flat.

1 Like

Take all the time ya need, Gil.

Just remember, make him more tall and lanky, with a bit of girth around the shoulders. Don’t go completely normal on him :wink:

1 Like

@Rac

Arms and upper torso on these pictures are really only the basic “skeleton” in order for me to see if th eproportions work.

I worked on the arms today and am planning to cover the shoulders with noble Rurus. Armoring up the rest of th eupper arms proofs difficult, though…

@Sammythekat

Short and lanky is rather difficult to pull off - I mean, the old version was shorter than Irutra but barely able to stand upright. I’ll probably have to get the lankyness into the MOC by making the limbs “normal” and the torso rather… “big”. I’ll definitely give my best, though.
I don’t know when I’ll try again, so really don’t expect anything soon.

1 Like

Oh

I thought you were upscaling the guy a bit.

He will be bigger (hopefully).

EDIT:

@Rac

This will probably be the last of Zhun you’ll see until he’s finished. I consider the arms done, although the one on the left obviously is still missing a few parts and I’ll likely change out the silver Bohrok eyes for black ones. That Inika shoulder on the lower torso will also eventually be black.
Those elbows might be really thin (although it doesn’t bother me personally too much), but I don’t see any way to change that - I won’t use tires.
Overall I’m pretty pleased with how he turned out so far.

1 Like
  1. In order to truly be Zhun, it needs a hood, especially since it’s mentioned in his story. You could include a cape too if you want, but he definitely needs a hood.
  2. Nice upper arms! How sturdy is that mask connection? I just might try that design on my own Zhun.
  3. Concerning the elbows: In my experience, using the Turaga neck price (the kind with the 1.5 length axle) works better with the old ball joints, since the axle hole is just a bit deeper than 1 axle length.
2 Likes

May I ask why?

1 Like

@Rac

He’ll definitely get a cloak with a hood.

Not sturdy enough to pose his arms when only grabbing the mask, but about as sturdy as a connection with a Mata head.

These aren’t old balljoints - it are the ones with the through axle hole.

@Payinku

Just a (probably nonsensical) personal rule of mine - it’s like with CCBS bones, shells and shell addons - I just don’t want to use them. Since my MOCs usually represent G1 stuff it just doesn’t feel right to me to use such parts that so obviously aren’t Technic/G1. Especially with tiers it might also be that you don’t usually attach them properly. I might probably be ok with integrating wheels, but only the tires…

@Sciencegiraffe
@Payinku

I came up with a lower leg design today, I am not sure if I want to use it for Reppirax or Kraiden, though. Any preferences? Should I use it for both of them? Anything I should change?

Reppirax:

Original MOC:

Kraiden:

Original MOC:

By the way I’m also not sure if I already told you (that might also interest you @Rac) how Kraiden’s basic backstory goes - what is written in the topic was kinda vague and left out how she died completely, so I made something up.

Kraiden became a very talented spy, scout and assassin thanks to Teridax supporting her natural talent. At the Convocation she joined him because she felt that she owed him her support - not because she particularly liked the Plan. Kraiden was eventually assigned to Makuta Ornek’s northern army and served under him until he died on Zakaz. Since the Plan was nearing completion at that time Teridax decided that it was also time to get rid of any loose threads - all Makuta who had gone rogue and were still alive. Hesbrix he had imprisoned in the Archives, but Spiriah and Zhun were still somewhere out there. Considering Zhun the bigger threat since even his fellow Makuta knew hardly anything about him, Teridax thus sent Kraiden after him first. She eventually actually managed to track Zhun down and confront him, but in the ensuing fight Zhun emerged victorious and vanished once again.

2 Likes

Backstory is great, though now I’m comparing kraiden to chirox and it makes me want to go back and completely redesign her, I won’t, but man do I hate looking at my old mocs.

1 Like

Yeah, that lower leg design could work pretty well for Reppirax, but it should probably be balanced out by having lots of white on the upper leg.

1 Like

Shows up, eliminates the target, and then dissapears?
Yep, sounds like Zhun all right.

1 Like

Since the poseability of the knees will not be that great with that design I will probably rather use this for Reppirax than for Kraiden. I might replace those silver claws with white parts then, though.

@Sciencegiraffe

So, I decided to indeed use that leg design for Reppirax:

Kinda don’t have an idea what to do on the upper legs, though.

@Racie02

Finished Zhun today - only needs a cloak and a few recolours now. Although that doesn’t mean that he will be posted soon… been searching for black Bohrok eyes for Krika for like half a year now and Zhun also needs four…

1 Like

@Sciencegiraffe

So, I think the legs of Reppirax are finished now. The Skrall armor will probably be silver in the end.
Also got the basic proportions down, although I will probably make the shoulders less broad… or does anyone think this width looks good? My intention is to make Reppirax end up as an armored up knight-guy.

The knees might at first look strange to you from the back since they are hollow, but that is needed in order to give him somewhat proper knee articulation - and his cape will cover those gaps most of the time anyway.

What I’m personally not really satisfied with at the moment are the hands - they are far too long which results in the lower arms to be too short for my liking. However, this was the only way I could think of to attach his sword to his hand properly. If anyone has any ideas how to get the same result in a better looking way - you’re welcome!

While building I also made up kinda a backstory for the sword:

It’s called the “Lightstone Blade” and can be charged with Light energy. While still charged it is extremely effective against any beings with a strong inner Shadow. For example before the Makuta decided to rid themselves of their inner Light, hitting them with the Lightstone Blade would be like an electric shock running through their body, numbing them for some time. Also the place where the blade bit into them would be cauterized, preventing the Makuta to use the Quick Healing ability on it. After the Makuta became beings of pure Shadow and their Antidermis became gaseous, striking through their armor with the blade would instantly vaporize their whole Antidermis and kill them. That’s why Teridax had the Lightstone Blade destroyed soon after he became the Brotherhood’s leader.

And because I have this picture and don’t know what to do with it: All my presently built MOCs + my current 3 Makuta WIPs in the background :wink:

(With bad lighting because that’s the only place in my room that fits all of them ;))

2 Likes

Looks like it’s coming along well, but the chest plate is upside-down and the gold on his shoulder REALLY needs to be replaced.

1 Like

@Sciencegiraffe[quote=“Sciencegiraffe, post:57, topic:31194”]
chest plate is upside-down
[/quote]

Dang… you’re right…:tired_face: Unfortunately I already spent like 6 hours trying to incorporate it this way around and finally have something that I deem looking ok:

For some reason I have trouble with torso armor lately… and the shape of the Rahkshi head doesn’t exactly help. You ok with this or shall I take the chest apart and try to incorporate the Rahkshi head the other way around?

As to that glden shoulder - of course there will be no gold in the final colour scheme, I only currently don’t have a second silver one. The arms are currently only for proportions anyway - they’re not finished at all.

@Payinku

Some sword designs for Kraiden in relation to Reppirax’s sword - which one do you prefer?

Going to be tough including sand blue into her colour scheme properly - that sword included I have like four parts in that colour :sweat_smile:, but I’ll probably manage… somehow.

oh, Gil

how’s saichel coming?

Currently only still have the head, sorry. Was kinda occupied in between and then simply built what first came to mind - Reppirax’s sword was lying around, so…

I have a few parts I want to use for Sachel on my Bricklink wanted list, though, so I guess once I find a store that sells them that will fuel my motivation in focusing on Sachel again :grin:

1 Like