The Antidermis pool (Gilahu's Brotherhood Project Makuta WIPs)

OK!

thought i’d check in with ya.

1 Like

Yeah, now that you’ve added all the surrounding parts the upside-down chest plate is looking fine. I think what this MOC really needs is more white and less silver, but other than that, it’s looking really good.

1 Like

A little update without pictures:

I finally decided that I’ll redo Krika. The currrent version is too bulky and has a few flaws I simply can’t live with. I’ll make him a little thinner, I think. I plan to keep his scythe, though.

With taking Krika apart I now only lack two parts and the cloak for Zhun. Might take a while until I get these parts, though. At least I finally managed to acquire some cloth - unfortunately it’s only black on one side. Nonetheless I’ll use it since it’s perfect otherwise. Should I manage to get better cloth I might eventually replace it.

Repirax is actually finished, too. Only lacking his cape, but might be able to get that done within the month - no promises, though. Again, the cape will for now be black on the outside and grey on the inside.

That’s nearly 7 Makuta out of 100 done now… They already look pretty awesome together.

@Racie02

Finally got the last parts for Zhun. Now I only have to make that cloak… Won’t be easy, but maybe I can finish it within the month.

1 Like

Some updates:

New Krika:

Pretty much finished except for the arms, I’d say (and I’m still lacking the black Bohrok eyes for the scythe…). I really like how the chest turned out, but the upper arms are giving me trouble… I’m definitely not happy with how they look at the moment - any ideas?

@Payinku

Kinda finished Kraiden’s legs:

I’ll still try to get a little more sand blue in there, though… Everything except the legs and the sword is completely preliminary.

@Racie02
Still haven’t gotten around to make Zhun’s cloak… My current plan is to have him and Kraiden finished at the same time. Hopefully still within this year…

2 Likes

nice build! :slight_smile:

1 Like

More updates:

Is that enough red on Krika? The shoulders are a little wide, unfortunately, but I really don’t want to redo the whole upper torso… The scythe of course still needs black replacements for the silver Bohrok eyes.

@Payinku

Kraiden is actually basically finished. Since I don’t want to show everything here, though, I took off the arms. I’m planning to add sand blue ball socket pieces at the shoulders and somewhere on the legs, probably at the ankles.

1 Like

any updates on sachel, or has life been too busy?

Actually just started working on him again today :wink: My current problem is that I can’t come up with good looking digitigrate legs for him, though…

1 Like

@Sammythekat

Some updates on Sachel:

Slightly changed head/mask:

The axles in the background are not part of the head. I probably won’t keep the horns, but the way I managed to connect them to the rest of the head makes me want to put something there…
I would like to change the chin section, but didn’t yet have an idea for something better looking.

Staff prototype:

Not sure if I’ll actually use this for Sachel. Because this design would also make an excellent battle standard in my opinion…

Legs:

Oviously miscoloured liftarms are hopefully obvious. Ran out of black ones again.
Using Mata feet with digitigrate legs isn’t very easy to pull off in a good looking way in my opinion, so I kept the “digitigrate” part to a minimum. On the plus side this particular build made it way easier to build custom upper and lower legs.

I also had the thought of maybe basing the design of my Sachel revamp a bit on the Seekers from The Elder Scrolls.

1 Like

Quick update:

@Payinku
@Racie02

Finally finished the template for Zhun’s cloak and just bought the parts to finish Kraiden, so unless it turns out that the cloak doesn’t work after all you can probably expect the MOCs maybe already at the end of the week.

I also finally found someone on Bricklink selling a substantial amount of black Bohrok eyes, so Krika should follow relatively soon.

4 Likes

@Sammythekat

Some small updates on Sachel:

Legs are pretty much finished. I’ll try putting a white Nexo knights shield piece on the currently open space on the mask. What do you think about that ribcage and the rough body shape?
The torso currently is only for proportions and to get an idea of what I’m currently aiming at. It’s in no way finished.

4 Likes

the shoulders could stand to be a stud broader on either side, but either way, the torso works.

as for the mask, tmaybe try and have it taper down a bit sooner- having a nexo shield right there wouldn’t feel right.

1 Like

Even broader? Well, I’ll see what works…

It’s currently the best idea I have. Although I have to admit that since I don’t own any of these pieces and haven’t even seen one outside of pictures/videos I can’t really judge if it actually works or not. It shouldn’t be a problem to make the sides shorter if needed, I guess.

Don’t expect anything to happen there anytime soon, though. I probably won’t buy any more parts this year… I’ll see how far I can get otherwise until I run out of important parts.

Started for whatever reason to revamp Ornek. Legs and torso I consider finished. Head I might redo, arms I’ll definitely redo. Any opinions/suggestions? Tried to keep it really close to teh original (on the right).

@Sammythekat

And a very minor update on Sachel, since I’m already at it - what do you think about this lower arm design?

8 Likes

the arms look nice, (great use of those slizer gearstems,) but the excess horns on the top of the helm seem kinda odd. maybe make them less pronounced.

2 Likes

@Sammythekat

After like 6 hours of trying to come up with upper arms for Ornek (which at least was succesfull in the end) I was so fed up with working on him that I instead grabbed Sachel’s WIP.

Luckily I did free up some resources by dismanteling Ornek’s old arms, so thus I could actually do something on Sachel (because I still haven’t bought parts…)

I guess I’ll simply let the pictures speak for themselves. I haven’t done anything on the torso yet.

Finished(?) mask/head:

Do you prefer black fingers with white claws or white fingers with black claws?

Side view arm:

As you might have noticed I added more spikes to him. Works well with the horns of the mask and gives him more of a skeletal look in my opinion.

I think I have an idea for shoulder pads - for which I have to buy parts, first - but I’m wondering if they are actually needed considering he’ll get a “Turaga cape” which will cover the shoulders.

5 Likes

for the hands, i’d say black with white claws. as for the mask, i feel as if there’s a bit too much white below the nuva shoulder- primarily the horn piece under the dish seems off to me.

this kind of head works the best, tbh

You mean keeping the center black?

yeah, mainly.