The Antidermis pool (Gilahu's Brotherhood Project Makuta WIPs)

Rich or very frugal with everything else you could possibly spend money on

1 Like

Next Makuta:

@The_Wanderer

Makuta Tethis:

Legs and spear I’d call finished at the moment. Torso is mostly finished but still under construction. Arm here is just a placeholder so teh MOC could hold the spear.

Of course everyone’s opinion is welcome again!

10 Likes

Is that light blue or teal?

I like how the shoulder blades became propellers.

~W12~

1 Like

Teal. It’s why I wanted to build Tethis before Isthra.

Big fan! Love those lower legs and the shoulder thrusters. How flexible are those, and why propellers? Colors are sweet!:+1:

1 Like

Thanks man! The shoulder thrusters can’t go lower or much further inwards, but otherwise can be posed pretty well. The propellers are there because I felt that those fit well with Tethis’ diver theme.

Tethis is almost finished now, only one main question left: Do you think Hydraxon’s mask works here? It looks kinda similar to the original’s, but it also looks a lot like, well, Hydraxon…

5 Likes

That’s a nifty torso build and design.

1 Like

What are those shoulder pieces? Those look so cool!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they’re Hero Factory Bulk heads.

1 Like

They are silver dragon head pieces

2 Likes

Got it. That works really well! I am not well versed in these characters’ bios. Where do they come from?
Also, I like Hydraxon’s mask!

1 Like

Indeed. These:

Wanted to use those since forever, but they’re kinda hard to use. Figured this was my chance.

@RubiCon-001 This is Brotherhood Project stuff, you can find links to all original entries with backstories here.

Well, guess the Hydraxon mask will stay then. Should mean that I’ll post Tethis (although that name might change) on the weekend. 12th revamp done! (Of 100)

Next will be Isthra, then I’ll see if I have enough lime green parts for Vyrdran, otherwise it’s either Miserix or Wanitama after that.

5 Likes

Legs for Isthra:

@Willess12

Visorak feet will be both green. Tiles on teh back of the lower legs might be replaced with white ones.
While those feet were originally designed after Roodaka’s feet for Isthra’s Vortixx version, it turned out they kinda fit for her original version, too, so I decided to reuse this design. Lower leg design is also similar to Isthra’s Vortixx form (because the feet demand this ankle connection to be poseable enough to satisfy me), but not exactly the same.

Will be tough getting teal in there… Not sure if I even want to add that colour at the moment. Might be different when work progresses, maybe.

Opinions, as always, welcome!

8 Likes

The blue was really more of a highlight color, since I had a lot of those blue hands from the last wave of HF sets and wanted an excuse to use them… Even when I did the little Inika Isthra for that Xoth picture, I had trouble incorporating it satisfactorily. Some light blue/teal highlights would be fine if you so choose, or it would work without the teal at all.

As for the leg design, well, it works. The feet look a little flat from the front, though looking back at Ahsanka, they look fine form the side view, so no real complaint there. Can’t wait to see where it goes.

~W12~

1 Like

Update on Isthra:

@Willess12

Yes, I reused an old chest design here, but I figured it kinda looks like original Isthra’s Inika feet chest. If you don’t like it, though, I guess I can redo the whole torso.
Shoulder area isn’t finished yet - planning to add those spikes and covering it up a bit more.

6 Likes

Thanks for making me look back at my old Isthra again and seeing how bad it is

Joking aside, this definitely looks like a reinterpretation of the original chest design, recognizable but different (and better). I have to commend you for that, that isn’t easy to do.

I like it so far, and am interested to see how you do the shoulder spikes.

~W12~

1 Like

Ok, next and likely final update on Isthra @Willess12:

Head will be custom, but I’m not yet sure when I’ll be able to bring up teh motivation to start on that.

And next I’ll be doing Vyrdran (or at least until I run out of lime ballsockets - I currently have 4 intact ones).

@Maarlfox

First question is: Should I stick with Gorast claw feet like the original has or should I use Inika feet? I guess I could make the Gorast feet look decent once there are legs above them, but right now I’d prefer the Inika feet.

4 Likes

I think that’s pretty much up to you. I personally like the Gorast feet better, but it may make more sense canonically to have normal-looking feet, in which case Inika feet are better. Maybe try both and pick a side?

1 Like

Next update - although no pictures.

Isthra:
Actually built a head yesterday and today. Needs a colour replacement from bricklink, though, so don’t expect Isthra to be posted that soon.
@Willess12

Vyrdran:
Once I put legs above those Gorast claws they started looking better so I’ll stick to them.
I’d like to hear your opinion on the following idea I have: I’d make my version of Vyrdran less bulky and rather tall + I’d like to replace the wings with a cloak/cape to let him look more… regal (he’s one of the most important Makuta, after all). Would that be ok or should I stick to the original more closely?
@Maarlfox

1 Like

I think it would be really cool to see a regal looking Vyrdran! That’s an awesome idea, especially if you’re going with the Gorast feet. I think my version was a more combat-ready form, so he should probably look tall ordinarily. It’s not every day your Mask of Light gets stolen, and you have to look down on your servants when you’re not kicking tail. I say go for it!

1 Like