The Antidermis pool (Gilahu's Brotherhood Project Makuta WIPs)

Alright, two more hours of tinkering around have left with this slightly changed version at the moment:

Unfortunately I so far can’t find a way to fix the gap around the eyes…

Mine are nothing special either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is what I’m going roughly off of:

Edit:

Also, the Pohatu Nuva claws are supposed to be oversized since they will actually be above the cloak in the end.

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense.

It looks good. I like the utilization of the black horns. I would say it works well as is if you like it.

2 Likes

@Maarlfox

Finally found the time and the motivation to do Vyrdran’s cape/cloak, but… it didn’t turn out the way I wanted. So I’ll have to start over again.

Still, here’s proof that I actually did something :wink: :

As you can see the cape doesn’t fall very well. I think I can fix that by making the shoulder pieces and the sides seperate pieces - just need to figure out how they need to be formed for that to work. Also I’ll probably add a chain on the front to make it look like the cloak is held together by it.

6 Likes

The head’s shaping could use some… work

Do you still plan to revamp all 100 entries?

If so, I can’t wait for you to improve upon my dumpster fire of a vamprah, which, lets be honest, won’t be hard

In all seriousness, these are great, really solid work here

1 Like

Yes, I do! At least in theory. This obviously will take too long to say for sure, but right now I’m pretty much set on seeing it through.

I’m not yet sure how much I’ll take the MOCs of Makuta with canon depictions into consideration for my revamps, though… As far as Vamprah goes, my rough idea currently is to make him less bulky than your interpretation and giving him a spear. Or maybe I’ll even try out a bow. Unsure about wings yet.

3 Likes

Sounds great. My early ideas, way back when, actually had a spear, so it’d be cool to see something like that come back

1 Like

Alright, after having that skirt contraption lying around for over a year now, I finally decided to start work on @AdamusTheFirst’s Makuta Vulon:

The black foot obviously needs to be replaced by a silver one. Only the legs are at this point kinda finished.

I decided to turn the very thick thigh armor on the original into a skirt here because I feel like that might look more interesting. Also it appears like the originals’ upper legs were a good deal larger than the size I want to stick to for my revamps. Depending on what I figure out for the back of the skirt I might or might not add cloth under the armor.

Thoughts?

8 Likes

Always a fan of skirt armor

2 Likes

I’m usually not, so I think this is actually the first time I’m doing it. Seems promising so far, though.

1 Like

So, slight update on Vulon:

Torso obviously isn’t finished at all yet. Basically everything above the skirt construction currently is only there for proportions.
Personally I’m not sure if I like using Nuva armor for the chest. On the one side it fits kinda well and resembles the original’s chest using Metru shoulder armor (which I didn’t use here because it either has to stick out too much for my liking or would interefere with the shoulders). On the other hand it’s… a Nuva shoulder chest, you know?

So I’m really not sure if I should go with it, but then I’m also not sure what to use instead…

For comparison - @AdamusTheFirst’s original MOC of Vulon:

9 Likes

Unique use of those Metru shoulder pads. But the ccbs feet do not quite fit. 9.999/10 so close to a perfect score. Oh wait that’s the original…:expressionless:

And @Gilahu Why the Nuva boobs!!!

I explained myself :wink:

Did some more work on the torso yesterday. If I remember I’ll show that later today.

1 Like

Oh and one more thing, the legs look a bit too skinny… just a bit

Alright, here’s what I currently have for the revamp of @AdamusTheFirst’ Makuta Vulon:

I feel like the chest represents the original’s chest quite decently and it also covers up that Metru foot nicely. The only problem is that the Nuva shoulders interfere a bit with the section above them. Also their smooth texture isn’t ideal.

The lower arm design I used for Vyrdran works very well here, I think.

The skirt will be worked on a bit more, too.

5 Likes

Was just about to point that out; Nuvaboobs combined with G1 textured armor has always peeved me. You could try Metru shoulders (though that will require some redesigning of the torso) or a Nuva chestplate.

1 Like

The problem here is that Metru shoulder armor would either interfere with the shoulders too much - resulting in huge gaps in the torso - or they would stick out too uch towards the front - take the sideview and add at least 1 unit. And I really don’t want to do the latter.

The problem here is that while Nuva chests work great with Metru feet underneath, due to the skirt construction the Metru foot is mounted too high up to work with a Nuva chest. Since I want to keep the foot there, my best option seems to be coming up with a different design altogether… Maybe I can think of something once I continue working on the MOC.

Alright, update on the revamp of @AdamusTheFirst’s Vulon - now with arms and a new chest design.

While I originally intended to use Hordika feet on the upper arms they again turned out to be too large…
I will also at least try out a cloth skirt underneath the armor once.

Thoughts?

6 Likes

I think the chest shaping works much better this way.

5 Likes

My tries at a skirt design for Vulon so far didn’t really work out.

So instead I started on Vulon’s partner, Fenerak (also by @AdamusTheFirst)

Here’s a pic of the original:

I decided to use a quiet different design for the lower legs and feet becuase when I initially tried something with those Pohatu Phantoka arms it didn’t really work out. So I randomly tried out Metru torsos with Knights’ Kingdom armor instead and found that the result looks pretty decent. (It also doesn’t weigh as much as a full technic construction. And of course I can finally use some parts I hardly find any use for otherwise ;P). The feet are bigger because I wanted Fenerak to be taller than Vulon and also fairly bulky, so bigger feet are needed for stability.
It will be somewhat tough getting a lot of grey into his colour scheme, but then the original is more silver anyways. My revamp will use a lot more black, though. The upper leg design I’ll probably redo. Lower arms and lower legs with feet are more or less finished, I suppose, apart from maybe a few recolours.

Currently he’d also be about a head taller than Vulon. I find that fitting.

Opinions?

7 Likes