The Arena (signups)

Welcome.

You have been selected from your universe to partake in a series of battles for your life. Your death is certain, for everyone dies sooner or later.
However, no one stays dead for long.

You will battle for our sake, and you will compete without remorse. Friends may be made, and enemies as well, but the outcome will always be the same. Death and sport.

Let the games being…

From across the multiverse comes hundreds of different fighters, all competing at the behest of the one who sits at the head of dimensions, Overseer. The slaughters he has constructed are to meet some end goal, but what that is no one can tell. All that can be known is that you must fight for the purpose of the Overseer, until his goal is accomplished.

These battles are not like others you have contested in. The deciding factor is the last one alive shall be the victor, but no death is permanent. You will be resurrected exactly as you were when you entered the arena.

[details=THE GRAND LOBBY]The place where all fighters in the arena spend their time in-between matches. Here is a map of the grand lobby and the arena.

1. Assemblage Court - All announcements are made here as well as food being served, public communication, et cetera.

2. Garden - New arrivals seem to appear out of nowhere here, all presented with the same greeting message in their minds.

3. Resurrection Hall - The dead revive here. Also, weary combatants can sleep their agony away as well.

4. Gateway to the Arena - All combatants wishing to participate arrive here and prepare the battle to the death.

5. The Arena - Where the chosen slaughter themselves for the Overseer.

6. The Overseer’s Chamber - He observes the events with dignity and resolve.Occasionally fighters get the honor to be before his presence, but such events are rare and never unwarranted.
    [/details]

[details=PROFILE TEMPLATE]Your character may have up to three powers or abilities. Weapons will count as an ability, so keep that in mind. Rather noteworthy powers may take up two slots instead of one, so I’ll be watching in case any need to.

Name: Your character’s name.
Species: Also self explained.
Appearance: For convenience’s sake I’m counting being as tall as a building as an ability, as well as anything that prevents you from being normally harmed.
Power 1: Your first power.
Power 2: Your second power.
Power 3: Your third power.
Personality/Bio: What your character’s life was like before being summoned to the tournament.

[/details]

[details=Approved Characters][quote=“Ghid, post:5, topic:50648”]
The Overseer
[/quote]

[/details]

2 Likes

Can we have charecters from other RPs?

1 Like

Yes, definitely. Unless I disapprove of that character being in the RP for whatever reason.

Alright. Prepare for a tank TF then.

Name: The Overseer
Species: Unknown
Appearance: Dressed in an elaborate set of black robes and armour, with some sort of ornate fixture behind him at all times. Some suspect it could be an entity of its own. His skin glows so violently that it’s impossible to discern his features.
Power 1: Unparalleled reality control
Power 2: A mechanical disk which he sits upon and uses for transportation
Power 3: Near omnipotence
Personality/Bio: The Overseer knows all. The Overseer is all. When you were not the Overseer was. The Overseer will outlast us, he will perfect us, he is unstoppable.

1 Like

Name: GateCrasher.

Species: Decepticon

Appearance: In alt mode, similar to the GDI Mammoth tank Mk 3

In robot mode, he’s about the height of Turmoil.

Alt-mode: Large double barreled tank, equipped with rocket launchers.

Ability 1: Has a drone that can pop off, with the rocket launchers being attached to the drone.

Ability 2: can transform into his alt-mode

Ability 3: He carries a standard laser. He can shoot two different kinds of shells: Flak, and standard slug. The missiles can be simple, or heat-seeking.

Bio: During the war, gatecrasher was one of the many rank and file in the Decpticon army. Like many, he displayed an disdain and almost downright hatred Autobots. Then he was assigned to investigate Autobot activity on the hostile word Thrijacuus IV. When he and his strike team arrived, almost immediately crew members started disappearing. At first it was attributed to enemy action, but they found the Autobot camp, and realized that couldn’t be the answer, there only a few of them left. They decided to eliminate the Autobots quickly, and get off-world. When they started to attack the base, a huge creature emerged from the jungle and destroy almost all present, only Gatecrasher and an Autobot named Heavywind survived the initial assault. Gatecrasher attempted to get to his ship, but it had been destroyed beyond repair. After several further altercations, he Heavywind decided the only way they were to survive was if they worked together. As they worked to make a usable craft out of the wreckage, he grew to admire the Autobot’s tenacity and strength. They eventually were able to get off the planet. This experience made him evaluate his entire reason for fighting. He would have become a Neutral if not for his loyalty to the empire. When he heard of the peace treaty between the two factions he was ecstatic, and he was equally joyous when he was assigned to the starship Salvation.

Personality: Gatecrasher is a noble warrior. He shares many ideals with the Autobots, and he would switch sides if not for his loyalty to the empire. He is known for his great sense of justice and fair play. He has deep felt conviction that the two factions are siblings and shouldn’t war against each other. He is known for having a deep appreciation of nature, and enjoys finding peaceful spots to sit and relax.

Here he is, almost entirely forked over from @Chromeharpoon’s Transformers: Salvation. I cut out his A-10 3rd alt-mode, due to the ability limit, and because it was a retrofit. Feel free to nerf at your discretion.

Name: Saladin
Species: Saiyan
Appearance: Saladin is 6 feet tall with a muscular build and black eyes and spiky black hair. He usually wears a navy blue martial arts gi.
Power 1: Flight
Power 2: Enhanced Speed (40 miles per hour)
Power 3: Super strength (He can crush a cinder block with one hand)
Personality/Bio: Saladin believes he was born to fight. Which isn’t surprising, considering that he comes from a race of fighters. The saiyans of planet Sadala serve as a police force and mercenary army. Saladin quickly rose through the ranks, despite never quite learning the energy projection techniques that most other members of his race have. He’s rather level-headed, but he gets really exited if he’s fighting a powerful opponent. Even so he fights fairly and honorably, often offering advice in the middle of a fight if he thinks his opponents need it.

@Ghid What kind of power level were you thinking for everyone? I was thinking of reusing an idea from a past rp, but it wound up being kind of overpowered.

1 Like

Questions:

How many characters can you have at once?

Does intelligence count as an ability?

If a character posseses a multi-function tool, does each function count as an individual ability?

You said that characters from previous RPs were acceptable. But would they still be accepted if they were Multiversal beings in the story from which they originate? Obviously some of their lore and backstory would be tweaked for this RP, but I understand if you are apprehensive of this idea.

There doesn’t seem to be any rules of conduct or regulations for fights. Pardon me if I may sound ignorant for asking this, but did you not plan on having rules or did you just not yet get around to adding them in?

Oh boy, he can turn into a military vehicle with high impact fire.[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:6, topic:50648”]
In robot mode, he’s about the height of Turmoil.
[/quote]

If you’re specifying his height by about the size of another transformer, that doesn’t help me. I need specifics otherwise I’m just going to assume.[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:6, topic:50648”]
Has a drone that can pop off, with the rocket launchers being attached to the drone.
[/quote]

Not only is he a tank, but he has a fightbot with rocket launchers?[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:6, topic:50648”]
He carries a standard laser. He can shoot two different kinds of shells: Flak, and standard slug. The missiles can be simple, or heat-seeking.
[/quote]

That doesn’t sound like a standard laser, that sounds like a swiss army knife laser with kevlar grip and additional killing potential.

Boy you’re gonna need to do some real convincing to make me approve a character that can basically blow everyone else in the entire game up without even moving.[quote=“Diero, post:7, topic:50648”]
Species: Saiyan
[/quote]

:gregf:[quote=“Diero, post:7, topic:50648”]
Power 2: Super speed (faster than a human eye can see)
Power 3: Super strength
[/quote]

A couple issues here.

One, super strength is not really specified. I’d normally say eh, super strength is super strength, but this is a dragon ball character, and that show gets stupid absurd stupidly fast.

Also, “faster than a human eye can see” basically means that he can autohit people with no chance for reaction. I’d say this is an ability worth three slots.[quote=“TBT_Emerald, post:8, topic:50648”]
What kind of power level were you thinking for everyone? I was thinking of reusing an idea from a past rp, but it wound up being kind of overpowered.
[/quote]

You’re pulled from random universes. The power levels are going to be kept mostly even, of course some people are going to be stronger than others, but nothing too over the top. It’s skill in RPing that should be the deciding factor here, not “my character can punch through walls”.[quote=“Mctoran, post:9, topic:50648”]
How many characters can you have at once?
[/quote]

For now, I’ll say one. Keep in mind you’re all in an arena together; having more than two characters probably means you’re going to end up fighting yourself eventually. And that’s kinda meh.

I’ll probably open the door for more than one after we start, and only let one character from each player into a fight. That gives players a chance to cycle, or do other things in the meantime with anyone who stays behind.[quote=“Mctoran, post:9, topic:50648”]
Does intelligence count as an ability?
[/quote]

Depends. Is your intelligence so through the roof that you can use it to metagame? And more importantly, what does it mean to play a character who uses intelligence as a weapon?[quote=“Mctoran, post:9, topic:50648”]
You said that characters from previous RPs were acceptable. But would they still be accepted if they were Multiversal beings in the story from which they originate? Obviously some of their lore and backstory would be tweaked for this RP, but I understand if you are apprehensive of this idea.
[/quote]

I don’t know what you mean.[quote=“Mctoran, post:9, topic:50648”]
There doesn’t seem to be any rules of conduct or regulations for fights. Pardon me if I may sound ignorant for asking this, but did you not plan on having rules or did you just not yet get around to adding them in?
[/quote]

I just didn’t have the time to add them. People know my rules and my standards; I expect fairness during fights and intelligent combat, not typing out the simplest attack possible so you can move on.

As in mind games, manipulation, etc. Basically exploiting the flaws and weaknesses of others and using it to one’s own advantage rather than physically fighting opponents. But not to any supernatural extent.

“Multiversal” as in not being born within any of the universes contained in the Multiverse, and possessing a cosmic awareness of The Multiverse prior to this RP.

About… 10ft I’d say.

Those other things were for his cannons and rocket launchers respectively. But I can drop the hand laser. I never use it anyway.

You do have to remeber, he has to reload. While he has a high shell capacity, he only has… about 8 missles, and the launchers hold 2 at a time. So he gets 2 salvos, and it’s over. Also, the drone can’t reload, it only gets the missle it had loaded before it split off.

You also have to think about the inherent limitations of a tank. Slow speed, the need to traverse the turret to shoot, among other things.

I hope you can trust me to play a tank realistically. Studying Tanks and other armor is a hobby of mine.

This answer makes me want to say yes.

No, having an intelligent character who’s actually played intelligently is not an ability. I bet you’ve already run across a few.[quote=“Mctoran, post:11, topic:50648”]
“Multiversal” as in not being born within any of the universes contained in the Multiverse, and possessing a cosmic awareness of The Multiverse prior to this RP.
[/quote]

Point of origin is irrelevant. What matters is can this character fairly compete here?[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:12, topic:50648”]
You do have to remeber, he has to reload.
[/quote]

Look, we aren’t talking gunpowder and musket balls. It’d be a one-turn action at best; hardly a crutch for an instant kill weapon.[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:12, topic:50648”]
While he has a high shell capacity, he only has… about 8 missles, and the launchers hold 2 at a time. So he gets 2 salvos, and it’s over. Also, the drone can’t reload, it only gets the missle it had loaded before it split off.
[/quote]

Nice of you to mention this originally.

Also, that doesn’t help. he’s still got enough ammunition to clean the sky of clouds. Also, he’s a tank.[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:12, topic:50648”]
You also have to think about the inherent limitations of a tank. Slow speed, the need to traverse the turret to shoot, among other things.
[/quote]

You also have to think about the great advantages of a transformer. Made of metal, really strong, really tough, and pretty much impervious to traditional attempts at combat. No average person is going to even bother this guy.[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:12, topic:50648”]
I hope you can trust me to play a tank realistically.
[/quote]

I do. But you’re not playing a tank. You’re playing a tank man who’s armed to the teeth.

You have crushed my dreams
Jokes aside, I gave him a higher ceiling for his power because stuff like this gets a little ridiculous on this site in my experience. I will adjust and specify.

Because we are scaled down here, I’ll say his speed is 40 miles per hour and that he can crush cinderblocks. Or, I could say that he is reasonably strong for a person of his size and replace super strength with martial arts skills.

Also, what does :gregf: mean?

Okay, I’ll switch characters to another, Juliana, whom I’ll post tomorrow, when I get off mobile.

She is a TF, but she doesn’t transform into a machine of war, and what weapons she does have are limited. She also doesn’t have the personality to be much of a fighter.

Imagine if I’d included Gatecrasher’s A-10 Thunderbolt alt-mode. Then he’d REALLY be OP.

Quick question: do you name all your characters after historical leaders?

Half-jokes aside, I’ll be signing up as soon as I can think up a character.

Quick actual question for Ghid: Say I have a melee weapon. And it is also a gun. Would that count as one ability or two?

No, Caesar is a Jojo’s reference and I saw Saladin’s name in the back of a dnd book and thought it sounded like a vegetable pun.

1 Like

So just going to check with specifics first. Ong guy I made had an item that gave a different power for each constellation, but only one at a time. Libra would give armor, Touros would give super strength, etc. Too powerful for this?

I might be interested in this but I have not done any before. If someone could give me a rundown of how it all works it would be appreciated.

NAME: Adian Locke

SPECIES: Yokar (otherwise called Human)

APPEARANCE: Adian is dressed in a velvet green and black uniform, similar to that found of the soldiers in the late 1800s, excluding the headgear. On his back is a gold thread emblem of a lion-like creature roaring with a might jaw. He has black leather polished boots.

Adian himself is a decently fit man with bright red short hair, combed to the left side. His blue eyes are striking as they are almost as blue as the sky itself.

POWER 1: A saber and much experience dueling with the weapon.
POWER 2: A musket with a curious crystal, which he refers to a Liika Quartz. The Liika Quartz apparently has a special property that allows it to expand or compact an object. Unlike the muskets of the 19th century, this musket shoots with more force and it shoots a larger caliber. It has enough for to dent half inch spring steel on a good day.
POWER 3: The Liika Quartz can compact or expand a substance / material within its physical limits. Such things like stone and concrete shatter if they are compacted or expanded beyond their limits.

[details=Full Explanation of Liika Quartz]Liika is the magic or rather super-science of this Adian’s world. It is found deep in the mines near places of high volcanic activity. These crystals have a strange property to connect to the psyche of an organism they touch and allows the organism to activate one of two functions on a target. The target must be touching the crystal in order to function. The two functions being the ability to expand or compact the target. Sadly such things like stone or concrete will shatter if they are compressed or expanded enough, so the properties of the material being compacted or expanded are to be taken in mind before activation.

An application of this super-science has allowed for a stronger rifles, which use less gunpowder, as these crystals expand the gunpowder as it explodes, causing a more powerful explosion for less gunpowder. A limitation is that the small explosion can cause damage to the Liika crystals and thus weaken their function. Liika crystals can also be grounded into a fine powder, which has been seen in medical applications where the powder is applied to a bleeding wound and it expands a clot allowing the bleeding to be stopped at a faster rate, though the clot formed by this is ultimately thinner at first, the natural process of the body strengthens the clot over time. Liika crystals have also been seen in the hands of blacksmiths, where they are used to compress forge temperature metals or alloys, allowing for a denser and smaller product. The crystal itself glows a golden color and once it stops glowing it cannot be used anymore. Liika crystals that have stopped functioning are called “Quartz” and can be used like a quartz crystal in almost every-way, the main difference being that Liika crystals are much harder than a quartz crystal.

Liika does not add mass or take away mass, it compacts matter closer together at an incredibly small level. However, matter cannot be infinitely expanded or compacted as either could cause the material to break apart.

Liika only activates when it makes contact to a sentient being’s neural network. Ancient practices tell of early practitioners of Liika cutting their hands so the blood flows down the crystal and that allowing them to control the properties of Liika.
[/details]

BIO: Adian is from a world known as Pelda and is one of the soldiers of from a land known as Poran. Poran is known for its militaristic society and multiple attempts at conquering the lands around them, of which they’ve had decent success at. Primarily due to their revolutionary use of the Liika Quartz.

As a soldier of Poran, Adian Locke was instructed and trained to be a killing machine. In the current war Poran found difficulty with fighting the lands around them, as they have adapted well to the Liika Quartz and may of them are now using it to perhaps better effect to what Poran was originally using the material for. Soldiers like Adian were instructed to use the Liika Quartz to its highest potential and the country of Poran began design new weapons of war around the material and its principles.

Adian worked his way through the ranks becoming an experienced soldier and a decorated one. He now taught the newest generation of recruits about the principles of Liika and how to use the material to its best potential. He became a stern and unmoving tactician and a strong leader. He was still able to keep up with the young recruits and was able to top some of the physically strongest recruits in dueling, despite being the age of 40.

A design of a simple Liika Musket