The Augur

“He who sees the end, yet can only warn.”

So here we have a moc I’ve been working on for a good portion of April, whenever inspiration struck me. An alien whose sole duty is to warn a select few from sentient species on the brink of extinction-level events.

This moc started with the simple notion of “Hey, I want to use spring green and purple in a moc.” and turned into much more.

I must say, I had quite a bit of fun designing this character, especially the torso. Originally it started off utilizing a design Renzari had provided me, but changed early on to incorporate a piece I’d never built with, <a href=“https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32307&idColor=11#T=S&C=11&O={“color”:11,“iconly”:0}” rel=“nofollow”>32307. That piece actually makes up most of the torso.

The Augur also has quite a bit of system, mostly as addons. Such the spine, which was probably my second most favorite section to build.

An Otherworldly Rose

I should note the general body was somewhat inspired by the Saturnian from Lord Bung’s The Giant from Sirius, while the head and hands were inspired by the Harvesters from Independence Day.

So yeah, just overall a really fun moc to build. I’ll likely update him with time, as I want to replace a fair number of the black pieces with purple counterparts, and maybe pick up some more spring green parts.

Now for some backstory.

An extraterrestrial being from a sentient species that was the first to experience extinction.

Being the first, he was chosen from among his people for his appreciation of life, and given the opportunity to play against fate as The Augur. He who warns of the end, in hope that life can persist.

But that was billions of years ago, though sightings of The Augur still pop up now and then, typically seen as nothing more than madmen’s tales.

But aren’t all who warn against the impossible, of what surely couldn’t happen, seen as mad?

“Beware the Core Lewa, for it shall undo everything you will become.”

“I… I don’t understand.”

Upon taking the role of The Augur, he was granted several abilities ontop of his pre-existing one.
These include:
Instant Teleportation
Telepathy
Dream Projection
Precognition
Universal Translation
Limited Immortality
Hard Light Projections (Natural from Species)

So yeah, that is The Augur. Let me know what you think.

31 Likes

It has an interesting vibe, and a cool colour scheme, the backstory is pretty neat as well. The torso is a little square though.

1 Like

This is a very interesting look, with the tripod legs and a rather long torso.

1 Like

Very strange looking but this it works in this case.

1 Like

r e c t a n g l e

yeah the torso needs a bit of work but it’s a cool concept

1 Like

Interesting design.

1 Like

For those commenting about the torso, it’s purposefully meant to be weird and lengthy, as in my mind, life beyond the stars wouldn’t necessarily make complete sense to us.

It’s also somewhat based upon the Saturnian, as mentioned in the initial post.

1 Like

I love how you built the spine

1 Like

My first thought was Martian Tripod.

1 Like

SWEET JESUS THAT’S CREEPY

1 Like

That’s part of the goal.
He’s supposed to be this intimidating alien, whose really kind-hearted and wishes the best for those he meets. He just has really awkward delivery.

“What do you mean that’s creepy? Don’t most people emerge from the shadows with prophecies?”

1 Like

I know he’s a good…um…“person” but he looks like a skull spider on steroids!

1 Like