The best deal you ever got on a Bionicle (or just general Lego) set

So I know this guy, who knows this guy, who has this cousin… :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s crazy; I’m so jealous of you right now.

32 Bionicle sets (including 5 Titans) for 125$

What

2017?

:eyes:

2015-16, got my dates mixed up.

I got a Big bundle of Bios which included,

: Lihkan WHITHOUT kikanalo
: All 6 inika (nuparu and Hewkii’s batteries were dead, and jaller’s went dead a few days ago)
: and all 6 G2 Toa minus Lewa’s curvy blade thingys

for 20$ at goodwill, with joints in PERFECT condition! All the Zamor spheres were with it too in a separate plastic bag. With a transformer weapon, for some reason. Apparently neither goodwill or the previous owner knew what they had.

1 Like

Not the best deal I ever got, but I once got Aquagon missing a leg for 72 cents

2 Likes

Nice! Apparently no one in SC ever buys legos but me. I almost NEVER find any for sale at thrift shops and whatnot.

1 Like

The interesting thing is that I bought him from my school.

What? Do schools have yard sales or something? I’m homeschooled so I wouldn’t know.

I’m homeschooled too, but I began it only last year. My school had a special ‘yard sale’ for Christmas.

Interesting. I did get Lewa and Gali mata with the canisters in almost mint (they had been opened, but they had the little sleeve) with tohunga Onepu for 10 bucks.

2 Likes

I’ve had many good deals, but the first one that jumps to my mind is something I didn’t expect but couldn’t pass up: 4 copies of 21110 Research Institute from Ideas, found at ToysRUs, marked down to $0.98 each. I’l have to find the in-store price tag photos but for now here’s two screenshots from when I made a video about the purchase:

I’ve bought LEGO cheaper, sometimes for free in store. But I can’t say they had more value than this! Up to this point, the Research Institute was a hard set to find, even in LEGO Stores. This was April 4, 2016 if that helps determine how obsolete the set was. And to appear in ToysRUs seemed strange to me, since there are rare times they got a hold of items like this (I also recall a Classic TV Batcave and Temple of Airjitzu showing up unnanounced and limited stock). And of course, the price! A $20 USD MSRP set down to less than a buck!

No I didn’t make a killing on the black market. I never sold one more than retail price. I sent at least 2 off to friends who I knew wanted them and didn’t charge them over the $0.98 and shipping cost. One I kept for my collection, which is a neat little set with some good vignettes in a 6x6 plate space. Can’t recall on the third, but again, it wasn’t for massive profit.

• Maniac4Bricks
4 Likes

Wouldn’t call this a deal, but due to a shipping error, LEGO Shop sent me an extra Ikir by accident.

5 Likes

I got four masks, gahlok Kal, and some other spare parts for 5$.

2 Likes

Just got Fero & skirmix, Jaller Inika, Kongu Inika, Kalmah, and Takadox for $15 or $3 each.
Happy dance \ouo/

2 Likes

mostly sealed (all but one bag) tower of toa for 24 dollars at goodwill. except blue tags were half off that day…
…so (actually) a mostly sealed tower of toa for 12 usd

also, i’m not listing everything in it here, but I got a 60 dollar haul
here it is: A brief discussion about how to estimate the worth of a Bionicle lot on the secondary market. - #3 by wild_toa

1 Like

I once got a complete Roodaka with box and instructions for $2 at a second hand shop, I also got a complete Lego soccer stadium, vintage Yoda’s hut (no x-wing), orient expedition plane, and some Lego Island stuff for $23 at the same place, there was a guy who worked there and he held on to Lego stuff for me so that I could buy it, I also got the thornatus IV, vamprah, takanuva stars, krikka, and vorox for $9

4 Likes

dang.

Almost every year while I’m at a car boot sale I’ll find a big box of Bonkles for really cheap.

Earliest was 2015, a big old yellow Ikea bag full of mostly complete sets. Some Bohrok, some Nuva, almost all the Metru, a few Rahkshi, Jaller and Gukko and a headless Cahdok along with Suukorak and all of the 1999 Slizers. I think it was about £15? I can’t really remember.

2016 was a slightly smaller bag from which I obtained most of my 2009 collection. All of the Wave 1 Glatorian plus a duplicate Gresh, four of the Agori, and the Kaxium V3. Mazeka, Vultraz, Krika and Gorast joined them. A few had instructions and Vorox had his canister. I think it all came out to about the same as the previous bundle, £15.

2017 was smaller, but still good. A plastic box containing Nuju Metru, Matau Metru, Orkham, Ehyre, Keerahk, Vorzahk, Kurahk and Lerahk. Someone must’ve had a thing for the green and white sets. £10, I think.

2018 was the absolute best deal I have ever gotten, It was a really long cardboard box filled with stuff. There were a few canister sets, mainly 2006-2008, but what it made up for with was the Titans. The Boxor, Makuta, Krekka, all of the 2005 Titans, Nocturn, Maxilos and Spinax… and then the best part. Two Kardas Dragons. I could now have the ‘06 Titans and Kardas built at the same time. I got it down to £11 in the end, which I’d say is pretty darn good.

Then last year I got two boxes with stuff like Witch Doctor, Axonn and another Makuta in them a bunch of Agori again too, I think about £15 again.

Also at some point in time I won an eBay listing with a full set of Mata and Turaga, the Nui Rama, Axonn, a 500 piece tub, and about 20 extra Kanohi. It just so happened that there was a Yellow Kaukau in there that wasn’t even shown in the listing as well. Bidding ended at £10, but it had £20 shipping. Still worked out though.

3 Likes

Half a year ago my brother and I bought a box for 35€ containing:
complete sets (without box):

• Roodaka
  • Keetongu (bags still sealed)
  • Vorahk
  • Turaga Onewa
  • Turaga Vakama
  • Turaga Matau
  • the RoboRider “Dust”
  • one Slizer
  • Bomonga

almost complete sets

• an ancient Lego Technic set
  • Sidorak (also there were instructions for Voporak)
  • Guurahk
  • Panrahk
  • Turaga Nokama
  • 2 more Slizer
    I felt like I was betraying the former owner.
3 Likes