The Bionicle G1/G2 Connection Theory Topic

Thanks to a prompt idea from @Mayple ,
we came up with an idea.

(Note: This was on BIONICLE 2015 Discussion Topic, but I think it can go on here too)

(SPECULATION)

It never really states that the Mask of Creation and the Mask of Control were made by Ekimu and Makuta, does it?

They just… had them.

Remember, only the power of the Mask of Creation allows Ekimu to create Masks of Power.

So how could Ekimu make the Mask of Creation if that is the specific mask he needs to make Masks of Power?

Maybe this is where the Mask of Time comes into play somehow?

Maybe…ARTAKHA?!
:scream:

2 Likes

Perhaps not the Artakha we know, but if it was the wielder of the mask of creation, that would further show Makuta as the inferior brother. Ekimu got his father’s mask, and Makuta got something he cobbled together.
The main reason I’m hesitant to accept G1’s Artakha is the father, is because I’m not sure he’s capable of reproduction… Unless he made Ekimu and Makuta with his mask. Makuta could be a first draft, a failed attempt, but Ekimu was, in his eyes, perfect.
(I REALLY WANT TO SYMPATHIZE WITH MAKUTA SOMEHOW, I FEEL SO BAD FOR THE GUY)

2 Likes

It just seems like because G1 Makuta is evil, most people assume G2 Makuta is evil.

But he’s not evil. Just misunderstood.

Like these guys.

:smile:

Anyways, it clearly states in The Legend that the Mask of Ultimate Power took control over Makuta because it was too strong and dangerous. In JTO, Narmoto clearly states that the MoUP made Makuta “dark and evil”.

But another interesting fact is that Makuta is the only Okotan that has purple eyes (as far as we know of 2015-2016 anyway). The only eye colors we have seen on Okotans are blue, red, and yellow.

So what makes Makuta so special that you give him purple eyes?

In speculating an answer for this question, I examined how he and Ekimu could be brothers. Are they brothers-in-arms brothers, or literally brothers?

ASSUMING that he and Ekimu were literal brothers, they could/should share the same eye color, not to mention have the same elemental color.

So how did he get purple eyes?
He became corrupted by something evil, though he was not consumed by it enough to immediately start thinking about killing Ekimu. Instead, he become jealous of Ekimu’s accomplishments and makes the MoUP.

Red + Blue = Purple
Evil overpowering good equals corruption.

EDIT:
Also, who could have corrupted Makuta?
There is only one element which seems to be evil and that is shadow. And who is the embodiment of shadow in G2?
Umarak the Hunter.

And (speculating) where did shadow originally come from in the entire Biological Chronicle?
The Mask of Shadows (Kraakhan) of Makuta Teridax!!

1 Like

Maybe not. I have a different eye color than my older brother. That’s how genetics work.

Don’t just assume because he has purple eyes he might be evil already. Maybe he was born with a genetic mutation. Sure it’s an excellent deduction, but I wouldn’t say that’s necessarily the case.

I mean the Toa can have eye color changes too. In fact when they got their uniter armor, all their eye colors changed. So… Perhaps different masks make different eye colors?

2 Likes

In set form, something makes me doubt we’ll ever actually get purple eyes.

1 Like

@moamahrimatoro
I sure hope not.

(SPECULATION)
On another idea, I read that Artakha created Crystal Serpents.
A synonym for ‘Serpent’ is Beast.

So I was thinking that the Elemental Beasts could actually be the Crystal Serpents made by Artakha in G1. So they are Elemental (Crystal) Beasts (they actually do have crystal-like pieces on them. And they do have snake-like heads).

The problem with this idea?

There were four Crystal Serpents created and released by Artakha, not three (Of course, maybe if one of them died… but I don’t see how that could have happened, as I don’t know how they can be killed).

Also, they fought with Artakha (unless the death/defeat of their creator caused them to be more independent).

However, the idea that Artakha can create animals could mean he could have (theoretically) created the Elemental Creatures of Okoto.

Thoughts?

No offense man, but I think you’re making “connections” that simply don’t exist. That’s like saying, “‘Rahi’ is a synonym for ‘creature’, therefore Ketar is a Nui Jaga.”

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but you are really stretching to make a connection. :confused:

5 Likes

Isn’t that the point of this topic?
:smile:

None taken.
:smiley:

New theory.

Okay, so what if Bionicle’s world is just like The Legend of Zelda’s world?

In The Legend of Zelda there are three entities that exist throughout all worlds and all times, that being The Hero (Link, and also Zelda), the evil (Ganon), and the Triforce.

So, what if in Bionicle there is something similar, that the Toa (the Link and Zelda), the Mask of Time (The Triforce, and the object that connects all Bionicle multiverses), and the Makuta (the Ganon) are all entities that exist outside reality and exist in some form in every dimension?

7 Likes

Not to go too far off-topic, but that’s not how Legend of Zelda works.

-All Zelda games take place in the same continuity / universe (ignoring the timeline branching later on). It is the exact same Triforce, Master Sword etc. in every game, not “parallel universe” versions or something.
-Zelda, Link and Ganon are reincarnations of Hylia, the Hero and Demise, so kind of are the same characters too.

But I agree with the general idea - if we do not get a G1-G2 connection then it will basically be a “recurring entities in parallel universes” sort of thing.

5 Likes

I just had this thought.

According to Episode 1: The Prophecy of Heroes, the Protectors used the Mask of Time by reciting the Prophecy of Heroes. Then, a bright beam is shown flying into the heavens.

Now according to the carvings of the Porphecy, the beam summoned six heroes from six planets… but what if that’s not accurate?

What if the beam summoned them all from one planet?

The Red Star perhaps?

Maybe long after the events of G1, the original Toa vanished (maybe they went time-travelling? Or they were killed? Or they died of old age?) and then, many years later, the Prophecy of Heroes actually created the G2 Toa of 2015 when the Protectors sent their prayers to the heavens?

That could explain why the G2 Toa of 2015 never laid eyes on Ekimu (their new 2015 eyes anyway), but they still had clear memories of him (from their G1 past).

1 Like

Then why would the Mask of Time lie to Ekimu, who said the prophecy exactly the same way? That just doesn’t make any sense.

It never says in the Propecy six heroes would come from six planets in six comets.

Just that six comets would bring timeless heroes.

But if there is a missing part in there, we can ALSO not assume that they only came from one planet.

But thankfully we already know the answer to this.

Notice how the stone carvings show lines that direct to the Toa. Don’t just dismiss this saying “oh how did they know?”

This is Lego trying to give visual storytelling. If they wanted to show us they came from one planet, they would. But they clearly showed us that they came from six planets once they aligned.

1 Like

Well based on the JTO intro, the Toa all come from the same direction. (They take slghtly different paths, definitely, but it’s clear that they are coming from the same general area.) And if all of the Toa came from their respectively-colored planets, shouldn’t Lewa be coming from the green planet on the left?

Obviously, we don’t really know whether or not this scene is canon. But hey, it might be. :P[quote=“Chronicler, post:230, topic:14440”]
I really don’t agree that they came from the Red Star.
[/quote]

Oh don’t get me wrong, I would hate it too. I’m just playing devil’s advocate. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You gotta remember, too, though, that gravity and stuff applies to “comets.” If they’re like a rocket and go a certain direction they rely on gravitational pulls.

I will say one thing, though: I really don’t agree that they came from the Red Star. Would sound so half-baked, in my opinion.

2 Likes

I was just throwing that out there but if there really is a connection, it could work, right?

I would need a thorough explanation HOW exactly it would work. Considering the last time we checked, the Red Star was broken.

1 Like

I’m not sure if anyone put this here. I was listening to the podcast, and I heard that the Vahi initially had 2 parts. Suppose the parts were fragmented or separated somehow, and also separated the universes. I remember in the original G2 animations, it referred to the heroes as “timeless” which might mean they were not in time, so perhaps they switched timelines, explaining the confusion about skull spiders, but the strong conviction to stop evil. Also, this explains the differences between Okoto and Mata Nui.

1 Like

I think what happened was that after Pohatu and Kopaka went on the Red Star, the others came from their respective places and came to find him. After getting on the Red Star, they are gifted new armor by someone. They have not “completed their destiny yet” sso this is why Okoto has so much to do with them. This is also why Tahu has so much gold on him, which would be the Stars golden armor.

1 Like