The Bionicle G1/G2 Connection Theory Topic

Just because they aren’t in the same universe doesn’t mean that they aren’t connected they could take place in parallel universes. Just a think about…

2 Likes

I acknowledge that we don’t know whether it’s a parallel universe or not, I never said it’s not. I merely noticed people were theorizing that G2’s a continuation when it is most certainly not.

3 Likes

Oh ok yah they couldn’t make it a continuation because they said that they don’t want to have all the specialized terms and confusion of g1 so if it was a continuation then they would have to keep that stuff.

1 Like

Or, maybe they will introduce it in a more slower, simple way.

EDIT: Maybe they’ll stick with terms like Metru Nui and Toa Mata, but not have other confusing parts of the old G1 Story-line.

or, maybe it’s not a continuation, as has been proven time and time again. your theory holds no water whatsoever.

1 Like

Could G2 possibly take place between G1’s events?

1 Like

It’s not a theory. It’s speculation.

1 Like

Thanks to this darn G1 Reference, the entire community has been split in half; Those who want the Mighty Continuation and others who want the Concept of the Grand Reboot to stay. I’m personally leaning towards the latter.

3 Likes

I agree–it would be better if G2 stayed a reboot. I’ve thought a lot about how the story team might go about a “continuation,” and the only idea that I’ve come up with that really works isn’t even a continuation at all really…

I suppose that if the story team wanted to make a tacit link between the generations, they could do it like this. Okoto and the G1 universe exist in separate, parallel universes. An indeterminate time after the Reformation of Spherus Magna (as in, it doesn’t really matter how long afterward, 'cause we have no story for that time), the denizens of the “Okotoverse” needed the Toa to defeat the Skull Spiders. Using the Mask of Time from their universe, they summoned the Toa from the G1 universe, giving them new forms. Presumably, in this idea, the Toa will eventually learn that they originated in a different universe, and may–at the end of the story–return to the G1 timeline.

That’s the only way I could see this working. Anything more integrated will cause continuity issues with the old universe (i.e. saying that the G2 Toa are the G1 Toa before they arrived on Mata Nui, which we know is false) and anything less integrated is basically just a reboot (i.e. Mata Nui exists in the Okotoverse, but is different from the G1 island).

I just can’t see an easy way to make everyone happy–not that I think LEGO should try that.

3 Likes

here is my theory.

That is not the G1 Mata Nui island, but the G2 Mata Nui island, which i belive was the homeland to the Villagers.

Basicly what i think might have happend might have been that some sort of catastrophe happend (think something like ither the Atlantis or Mount Vesuvius) and they then had to leave Mata Nui to find a new home.

And they would eventualy find and island which they would name Okoto.

Also i belive the reason the island of Mata Nui would be on the Mask of Control, could be like that is the symbol from the island, like that both it and the MoCr where made on the island and are one of the few remaining object that the Villagers could save from the doomed island.

edit: fixed an error.

2 Likes

That… is actually a pretty good idea.
:grinning:

It almost sounds like an alternate dimension of-what-would-of have-happened-had-this-happened.

1 Like

I’ve actually thought about if G1 and G2 are indeed different universes, that G2 might be in the same universe as Hero Factory.

1 Like

I sincerely doubt that. If so, why hasn’t Hero Factory come to Okoto and helped everyone? After all, they’ve reached so far out into the universe…

3 Likes

I can think of a few possibilities:

1. G2 Bionicle events may predate HF. Main evidence to support this being that HF has no trace of “Magic” being used.

2. Maybe Von Nebula succeeded in destroying Maku Hero city (my money would be on the beasts from Invasion from Below being the cause) or something, and G2 Bionicle occurs afterwards.

3. It may be entirely possible that the planet Okoto is on hasn’t been discovered by HF yet.

OR, 4. The G2 toa are actually HF Heroes, and either:

A. There’s some sort of method of getting to Okoto because there’s something that prevents ships from landing or going near (Such as an asteroid field).

OR more likely; B. The Mask of Time “ritual” caused their ship to blow up and they crashed into the island in escape pods. This would actually make sense too. They have no elemental powers, share parts with Heroes, and crash landing wipes their memories. The “toa” adopt what the Protector’s tell them as fact (Names and Purpose). Then they find the golden masks, and the power in the masks cause a side-effect of extreme weakness when removed.

1 Like

That wouldn’t make any sense. The new BIONICLE Toa are bio-mechanical. Hero Factory is entirely robotic.

4 Likes

[quote=“Chronicler, post:61, topic:14440, full:true”]
The new BIONICLE Toa are bio-mechanical.[/quote]

Keep in mind that we don’t know that for sure.

1 Like

Of the g2 Toa were the HF heroes then how would the masks fit and why would they all have the same heads and they already had there masks when they landed.

1 Like

HF Heroes share the same head model, they just wear different helmets.

1 Like

I believe it was officially confirmed that they’re biomechanical by someone in BIONICLE team.

2 Likes

Actually, we do know that for sure. Rider Windham did a interview with the Chronist forums and confirmed that they ARE bio-mechanical.
http://derchronist.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1104&start=10#p10566

“Are the residents Okotos machines? Creatures? Biomechanically?
RW: Like the Toa, the islanders are bio-mechanical life forms.”

2 Likes