The Bionicle G1/G2 Connection Theory Topic

Perhaps they were modified. It’s just a theory.

1 Like

I doubt Hero Factory would be able to do that, and there would be no need to. The heroes already have emotion and can “feel” or something like that. What would be the point to make them more vulnerable with actual body parts? Being a robot would be more efficient because you can replace parts and be fine.

When the Toa Mata came out of their canisters, they had to re-develop muscle to connect their ligaments, and it was a long process. Which, then, is more efficient?

I mean, why call it BIONICLE is they’re not biological.

And another flaw: Where are the Hero Cores?
I may have ignored HF, but I still know some about it.
So theory number 4 is highly unlikely.

1 Like

Everyone will probably think this is really stupid but before the Protector’s names were revealed I used to have a head canon/theory type thing about G2 being connected to G1. It isn’t really a theory since I knew it wouldn’t ever happen but it was fun to make ideas.

Basically, the Toa Nuva somehow were transported into another place in space and time, most likely to save Okoto(though against their will). When they were gone for too long, The Toa Mahri decided to use the Mask of Time to go after them, but something went wrong and they ended up arriving in Okoto too early. The power to used the Vahi also drained them and turned them into Turaga. They renamed themselves as protectors, ditching their old masks in favor of the Okoto ones to fit in with the tradition. It would have explained why the PoE had a Gatling gun on “his” chest, as Nuparu was a bit of an engineer. They had children and named them after the Chroniclers Company.

I know Matoro died but just assume he was brought back somehow in the process.

Just thought I would share. Of course it has been debunked now if there was ever any chance of it being real.

1 Like

In the Transformers Movie, Optimus Prime referred to his species as “Autonomous Robotic Organisms”. Organisms are technically biological.

But I’m suggesting that the “Masters” are actually HF Heroes, and the Toa are only characters in legends told by the people of Okoto. The Protectors think the “Masters” are the Toa by mistake. (Kind of like the situation when the Ewoks mistook C3-P0 for a deity in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.)

BTW: Do keep in mind that G2 Bionicle might not even follow the same system as G1. Biomechanical-ness could be different in this Generation.

1 Like

You’re missing the point: they CAN’T be Hero Factory heroes. Why would the Mask of Time summon them from different planets? Why not safely come down from a space ship, like Hero factory heroes do? If they were robots, they can’t just forget everything about themselves like a living organism. It’s either they remember stuff or they glitch out, because technology can’t re-jog memory after it’s destroyed. Living organisms can.

You’re right. They’re even MORE biological, due to the fact that they can reproduce. Can robots do that? No. They can only build machines.

1 Like

With the the islanders, yes. But with the Toa, you don’t know that for sure. The Toa in G2 might be more mechanical than biological (kind of like in G1 where the Agori were born, but the Matoran (And by association, Turaga and Toa) were built by a machine).

Regardless of that though; I don’t need to prove the theory. I’d much rather that G2 be connected to G1 than HF anyway (which would remove HF from the equation by default).

Also, I do think that this theory is in the wrong topic. Can it be moved?

1 Like

“Like the Toa, the islanders are bio-mechanical life forms.”"
~Rider Windham

I think when the author explicitly states that they’re both bio-mechanical, the lore says they come from different planets, not a city, and the fact that they become super-weak when their masks get pulled off (the Hero Factory heroes took off their helmets and they were just fine!), I think that Lego’s trying to tell us that they’re different.

Overall, the Toa are lacking the Hero Core, AKA the life source of the Hero Factory heroes. Since they lack that, I think it’s HIGHLY unlikely that they can be made by Hero Factory.

No, it’s fine.

1 Like

That’s the point I made. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Actually, the lore says they came when the stars aligned, not that they came from different planets.

1 Like

Well, from the Prophecy written on the wall, it looks more like they came from the planets…

1 Like

Looks like, yes, but it’s not a stated fact.

2 Likes

Well, the Toa being Hero Factory heroes isn’t stated either, but hey, people think that way anyways. I just have reasons to not believe it, and if these animations are supposed to be visuals, isn’t it open for interpretation?

3 Likes

Just mentioning it. If it’s already been said, just ignore it

1 Like

My theory is that the planet Okoto is on was a planet the Great Spirit Robot was observing before he fell ill. While observing the planet, Mata Nui saw that the inhabitants were in danger, so he sent the Toa Mata and a Makuta to help them. When the Toa and the Makuta were done saving the island of Okoto they showed the protectors how to make masks, including the Vahi. The Toa told the islanders, When times are dark use the mask of time to summon the Toa to your aid. The islanders took this as the Toa Mata would come to help them, when in fact a new Toa team, that was designed for Okoto, would be sent. The islanders also named the the island’s mask maker “Makuta” after the being that also helped them.

1 Like

but then

what of Ekimu?

That would mean… That the brown guy might not be named Pohato!
Dun dun dun…

2 Likes

Ekimu is probably the second son. Makuta’s (G2) younger brother.

1 Like

Ekimu is Artahka

1 Like

Considering this, I think this will be just a new island that shares similarities to Mata Nui.

But, also, I thought of a way G1 and G2 could connect, even if they most likely won’t. Possibly, and very unlikely, when the toa Mata were being trained, part of it was that being placed in an alternate dimension or a simulation to see they truly will fight to save all, but, of course, they’ll have their memories wiped.

3 Likes