The Bionicle G1/G2 Connection Theory Topic

Yeah thanks to this poster, its all but confirmed that mata nui has no place in g2

5 Likes

Don’t be too sure…

2 Likes

Not surprised. It’s likely mata nui was a place holder to see what it’d look like if they had an island there, and then the art team decided it didn’t work and not include any island, or were too lazy to make something for Okoto to fit on.

Now, as I mentioned in that topic as well, this doesn’t exactly cross out the possibility. We still have the Nuva Symbols showing up this go around, which may mean something in regards to a connection. We’ll just have to wait and see.

2 Likes

Not necessarily, but this DOES rule out one “piece” of evidence suggesting it does, so the only piece a person could think of for a connection is the Nuva symbols, but even then, those don’t necessarily have to be from Mata Nui either.

So, I’ve been thinking about the new “Okoto” BIONICLE 2015 storyline, and how I can relate it to the old story line. These are just ideas, so please give some feedback and how good it sounds.

Ekimu and Okoto: I thought that maybe Ekimu could be Artahka and Okoto is the island of Artahka.

Skull Spiders, and the Lord Of Skull Spiders: Maybe they are failed attempts at the Visorak by the Makuta.

Kulta and other Skull Creatures: Kulta is a Makuta. The skull creatures, including the Lord Of Skull Spiders, are his creatures that he’s made. The skull spiders, like earlier said, are failed attempts at the Visorak.

The Toa: Moved to Okoto by The Great Beings, maybe a specific one (like Velika), to kill them off. It doesn’t 100% match the original storyline, so got some things to work out. Like how Kopaka and Pohatu get out of the Red Star.

I’ll update this as soon as I get new information on the winter wave of 2016.

3 Likes

Here is some idea on how G2 could connect with G1. I’ll use this timeline to explain.
(Note: Some of these ideas are from my own story-line and ideas. This is not official, just ideas and speculation on how G2 and G1 COULD connect.)

The BIOlogical ChroNICLE Timeline
The Great Creation

• Mata Nui and the Mask of Life use the last of their power to create life on Spherus Magna. Okoto is formed.
  • Elemental Creatures and Beasts are created. Many cities are built on the island. Artakha and Umarak rule the island.
  • Artakha forms the Protectors (Ekimu-Protector of Creation, Makuta-Protector of Control, Utazik-Protector of Fire, Etuno-Protector of Jungle, Okagu-Protector of Ice, Tawer-Protector of Earth, Lekur-Protector of Water, Shetluk-Protector of Stone).

The War of Okoto

• Umarak finds a dark artifact (the Kraakhan w/Teridax’s mind) which makes him evil. After hiding it deep in the mountains, he seeks to overthrow Artakha. The Battle of Water. Artakha conquers Umarak and manages to take his Mask of Control and curse him, but also lets him go. Makuta is given the Mask of Control.

(There is more between here, but it has been excluded due to length.)

• Artakha sends some of the Protectors into the Region of Jungle to fortify it against Umarak. Artakha receives part of the Prophecy of Heroes. He creates the Mask of Time.
  • The Battle of Jungle. The Protectors return to the City of Water. The First Summoning occurs.
  • Umarak attacks the City of Water. Artakha is defeated. Ekimu escapes with the Mask of Creation. The inhabitants flee the city, hiding in the Water Region.

(Same as above)

The Great Cataclysm

• The full Prophecy of Heroes is revealed. New Golden Masks of Power for the Toa are created, and hidden. Makuta forges the Golden Masks of Unity.
  • Corrupt Makuta becomes envious of Ekimu. Makuta forges the Mask of Ultimate Power, then hides his Mask of Control.

Well, you know what happens next.

1 Like

Okay, hold it right here, there is no evidence for this. Since it uses your ideas that you thought up of it can only be a headcanon.

3 Likes

I said this for a reason.

I agree that some of it is headcanon, but as to some evidence:

Mask of Creation:
G1- Mask of Artakha.
G2- Mask of Ekimu

Artakha = Ekimu?
It’s possible, but I’m going to say, ‘No’.

Mask of Creation passed on to Ekimu after Artakha (died, disappeared)?
POSSIBLE.

Protector:
Young Ekimu= Protector of Creation?
Yes.
(Golden Protector Mask from MMvsSG set)
Young Makuta = Protector of Control?
I think it is safe to say 'Yes.’

Artakha:
Is Artakha a Mask Maker?
Yes, but he was never known as a Mask Maker. Ekimu and Makuta were known as Mask Makers.
(Artakha forged the Kraakhan {The Mask of Shadows} and the Avokii {The Mask of Light}.)

The Mask of Time:
Artakha forging the Mask of Time for G2?
POSSIBLE.

The Pre-Protectors’ names, Umarak Cursed by Artakha, the Four Summonings, and the wars/battles I made up. But I never said that they were canon.
YOU KNOW THAT.

Here’s what I question about your idea…

Where did Umarak come from? Was he MU’s inhabitant? Was he also created?

I’m not sure if Artakha could create life, but with Makuta creating Rahi and his Kanohi power, it might be possible.

What about the villagers? Who made them?

I thought Kraahkan was scattered into atoms with Icarax.

Since when Umarak had the MoCo? What was Makuta’s wearing then? Wasn’t Makuta supposed to be “Protector of Control”?

Also what was Umarak was cursed with? Can Artakha actually cursed anyone?

From whom?

Didn’t Vahi already exist? Is it the new one?

Where is Artakha now? Was he dead? If not, why didn’t he help the Toa?

Again, since Ekimu was supposed to be “Protector of Creation”, why didn’t he already wear the MoCr?

There’s also no part of this theory that cover the Toa. For example: Were they the original Mata? If not, where were they from? Why they have amnesia?

1 Like

(Note: Some of these ideas are from my own story-line and ideas. This is not official, just ideas and speculation on how G2 and G1 COULD connect.)

In my idea, he could be. The Mask of Control had Mata Nui on the Mask, so I thought it possible the Mask of Creation and Control came from the Matoran Universe (that is what MU stands for right?).

My mistake. Artakha organized the Protectors. In my idea, the villagers were created by Mata Nui and the Mask of Life (BIONICLE Stars Ending).

In my idea, Umarak is a friend to Artakha, and the previous owner of the Mask of Control. During his time with the MoCo, Makuta was his Protector.

In my idea, after he was corrupted by the Kraakhan and rebelled against Artakha, Umarak was defeated, and the Mask of Control was taken from him. Then, Artakha used the Mask of Creation to give him a pair of antlers (giving him a ‘cursed’ look), I assumed Artakha could do that.

Makuta was wearing the Protector Mask of Control.

This referring to the Prophecy of Heroes, I thought the Mask of Creation could have revealed it. Remember, The Legend said,

“The Masks were scattered and hidden all over the island, waiting for a time when someone would come looking for them.”

This line seemed to imply that not just the MoUP has a mind of its own, but the MoCr and MoCo as well. That could explain why they are so special.

Maybe the new one? I’m still working on it.

In my idea, he is dead in body, but his spirit resides in the Mask of Creation.

In my idea, the threat of Umarak causes Artakha to act upon the partially finished Prophecy of Heroes. Through the First summoning, they summon six comets with six Toa, dubbed as Pre-Toa. The stars are not aligned, so these Toa knew who they were:

Kulta-Toa of Fire, Akudo-Toa of Jungle, Telak- Toa of Ice, Eshardu-Toa of Earth, Balaki-Toa of Water, Golutek-Toa of Stone
(Later known as the Skull Creatures (exept Baleki. He dies a hero. I think. Still working on it)

As to the original Mata… still on Spherus Magna, but they do not know of Okoto. Maybe. Still working on it)

If you want to see more, click this topic below (See Post 145- TIMELINE):

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/bionicle-2015-g2-ideas-thoughts-on-the-plotline-videos-and-more/10098/160

If not. That’s OK.
Hope I answered your questions clearly.
:smile:

1 Like

I think this line could imply both meaning. It could also just mean that the masks were lost, until someone finds them.

And where did they came from? The red star? Somewhere else on Spherus Magna? Other planets?

You still didn’t answer how Kraahkan came back from being scattered all over the universe though. :wink:

And some other bits from another topic…

Again, I’m not so sure if Ekimu would “curse” anyone.

The (second) summoning of Toa required Mask of Time. So for MoUP to cause the summoning, it must to have the power of time?

Also, you seem to imply that the Masters and Uniters are different group of Toa, which is kinda improbable IMO. Since they’re individually named the same, it would be both confusing in the story to distinguish between them, and unlikely for the story team to introduce new team of Toa is such a short time with the same name.

Mata Nui doesn’t existed now. It broke to pieces when the Great Spirit took off from Aqua Magna, remember?

I don’t think MoCr could do that. The more suitable mask would be the MoCo.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. Like I said, it’s still a work in progress.

In my idea, the reason for the Kraahkhan surviving is so the MoUP could be created. It’s difficult to explain, but basically there is a list of corruption, which leads to Teridax’s plan.

Krahhkhan (Teridax) corrupts Umarak.
Umarak’s power corrupts Pre-Toa.
Pre-Toa corrupt Makuta (they use the MoCo to plant a hint of evil (Teridax) in his mind).
Makuta creates the MoUP, which eventually creates a body for Teridax, the manipulator of all evil events in G2.

I thought Teridax could pull that off.
Still working on how to get it to come back though.

The whole reason I did the cursing (making evil/disgraced people look like abominations) is to make a bigger reason for the Skull Creatures to hate Ekimu. Also, the villagers have a scary story to tell to their descendants.

I thought someone would bring this up. I forgot to say (in my idea) that thanks to a Skull Spider, the LoSS is able to control a Protector, and find the Mask of Time. The Mask is brought to the MoUP, which has the power of six elements, causing a summoning.

First Summoning (Pre-Protectors) - The Pre-Toa
Second Summoning (Protectors) - The Toa
Third Summoning (Makuta/The Mask of Ultimate Power) - The Uniters
Fourth Summoning (Makuta, Kivoda, Uniter Kopaka, Skull Slicer, Ketar and Toa Tahu)- The Toa Mata (with Mask of Life, that includes Mata Nui)

That’s what the final element is (The War of the Final Element): Time.

Again, (in my idea) forgot to mention the Mask of Time is in enemy hands. Teridax (manipulator of Makuta, who created the MoUP) uses the Mask of Time to claim minions from his past (though whether this effects the events of the past, I’m not sure). Again, working on it.

Mmm… yeah, definitely. But using the power of creation to create something for Teridax to control the MoUP seemed like a good idea at the time.

(Note: If you want to keep talking about my story and its flaws, I think we better move it to the topic from the last post. If you’re going to keep talking about G1-G2 connection, keep talking. :grinning: )

1 Like

I believe that, since your story heavily relies on G1-G2 connection, it should be okay to discuss in both topics. And I prefer to keep the discussions in one place. :grin:

1 Like

Holy Christmas, this topic has gotten really involved since the last time I was here! My ideas seen petty compared to these!

4 Likes

What if this is a prequel, and the Teridax spirit was created whilst the Mask of Ultimate Power was created? As it is in real life, combining all colors (elements) leads to darkness.

as in

the

kanohi

Kraahkan

mask

of

darkness

Worn by Makuta Teridax , who takes his father: The “Makuta” of Okoto’s name - making him MAKUTA TERIDAX.

Yeah I know that makes no sense, but were coming from the universe that has an entire civilization living inside a giant robot lying on a water planet, even though there are seas inside the robot? Nothing makes sense afterall…

3 Likes

I mean, it’s an interesting idea, and I guess possible if the MoUP transmitted antidermis, but there’s still a bunch of holes in the story if that does happen.

Neat headcanon, I think this is pretty intriguing, but here’s the thing. We don’t know about Ekimu and Makuta’s origins, if they’re just powered up villagers of earth and ice, and until we know that, I don’t think it’s safe to call them protectors of creation and control. Heck we don’t even know if they were ever young.
Its also confirmed the golden mask was a burial mask by the animations

2 Likes

So Ekimu forged his own burial mask?

Yeesh.

I find that a little creepy.

Makuta: “Ekimu, whatcha mask-making?”
Ekimu: “The mask I’m going to be buried with when I die someday.”
Makuta: “That’s nice.”
:smile:

2 Likes

Lmao not quite. I think that’s just a standard issue burial mask for higher ups, and ekimu is pretty dang high up on the social scale.

3 Likes