The Biowave Project Topic

#The Biowave Project: Updates and Discussion Topic

The Biowave Project is a community initiative bringing talented members of the Bionicle community together to develop content for an expanded G1 storyline.

We will be using this topic as a means of sharing what we’re currently working on, and to provide you with updates regarding what to expect in the near future.
If you have comments or questions regarding any aspects of the project, this is the place to leave them.

Check out our website to learn more about the project, and to find an archive of all updates we post here.

##Sets

The links below will take you to the Boards topics showcasing the relevant set(s):

##Looking for Artists

If you’re interested in producing character and / or locations concept art, promotional art or webcomic art for the project, please refer to this page.

##Updates

###-Content From Teaser-

Below is a compilation of some of the work previewed in the project teaser video linked above.

The Toa Valda’s Great Masks, taking inspiration from their respective Toa Nuva / Mata’s masks (by Disturbulator)

Toa Kalama (by Disturbulator)

Toa Hafu (by KaibaGal and Atlasavion)

Early concept art of Toa Ehrye (by PekekoaOfJungle and Scorpion Strike)

Early concept art of Toa Vhisola (by Scorpion Strike)

Old concept art of Toa Kaj (by Disturbulator)

Old concept art of Toa Tamaru (by Toa Heatwave)

The prologue page for the first episode of our webcomic series, which is yet to be completed (written and directed by Hazash; drawn by Hidronax)

Here’s a sneak peek for the first webcomic script. This scene introduces Kalama, and features fan-favourites, Nuhrii and Kapura.

Panel 1
Aerial exterior view of the headquarters for the New Ta-Koro Guard, with some of the city’s other buildings surrounding it and a few Matoran walking about on their daily business.

Caption: New Ta-Koro

Panel 2
Inside the headquarters, we see a large training pit surrounded by racks of weapons and armor.
Nuhrii and Kapura are sparring with spear and shield in the center of the pit, along with two other pairs of Matoran in the background. Other Matoran take or arrange weapons. Kapura is attacking Nuhrii with a spear thrust, which he deflects with his shield.

Nuhrii: Too slow.
Kapura: I disagree…

Panel 3.1
Side-view of the pair Kapura teleports forward, shield extended, slamming into Nuhrii who just begins to leave the ground (faded image of Kapura in his original location, with a trail leading to his clear image in his new position).

Panel 3.2
Anterior view of Nuhrii flying backwards through the air (weapons thrown from his grip) as Kapura slams into him with his shield.

Panel 4
Nuhrii, now on the ground, looks upward, injured. Kalama’s feet can be seen behind him, and Kapura’s leg is seen in the opposite corner.

Nuhrii: Okay…your point’s made—again. I didn’t need another demonstration.
Kalama: Need a hand?

Panel 5
Clear view of Kalama as he pulls Nuhrii to his feet, while Kapura stands at ease in front of them.

Nuhrii: Kalama — any news from Turaga Vakama?
Kalama: Nothing worth mentioning—for now…
Nuhrii: So there is something?

Panel 6
Close-up of Kalama who looks away with his eyes very slightly, as if reflecting on something. Behind him, Aft stands in the arched doorway.

Kalama: For now, this is best kept between myself and Vakama. I don’t want to start a panic.
Kalama: Captain—there’s been a development. Mineshaft Seven.

Panel 7
Kalama turns towards the archway, turning his head back slightly to address Nuhrii and Kapura.

Kalama: Nuhrii, Kapura—change of plan. Let’s take a walk.
Nuhrii: Yes, sir.
Kapura: I don’t need to walk.
Nuhrii: Come on. We both know what he really meant.

Note: This may also serve as an example of the detailed scripts potential webcomic artists will be provided with during development.

###03/19/2017

COMING SOON: The Elemental Thralls

The first line of antagonists in the Biowave Project story will be coming to the boards soon…

POLL: who is your favourite Toa Valda?

• Kalama
  • Vhisola
  • Hafu
  • Tamaru
  • Kaj
0 voters

###Note to Mod’s:
If this topic would be better off going somewhere else, feel free to move it.

This looks really interesting. I’ll be sure to keep up.

As will I. This is very intriguing.

I believe this would fall under promotions and advertising, so whenever you become a Master @Hazash I can reopen the topic.

– Waj