The Boards How-To Topic

Sometimes it can be hard to describe these procedures, So, I took a picture to show exactly what I’m doing.

Basically, you need to remove the hyphen.

~W12~

2 Likes

just press the “hyperlink” button

1 Like

TTV Channel
Yes! I can do it! Thank you!

I just noticed the little sub circles next to some people’s avatars. Could someone please explain them? (Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask)

2 Likes

I’m guessing the check means they’re a cast member, the patreon logo means they’re a supporter on Patreon, and the Lego brick means they’re a Lego employee

6 Likes

I miss the TTV logo. I feel this check lacks character, especially compared to the other two.

7 Likes

Time and again, I’ve wondered "why don’t the boards have an indent function?"

Well, turns out they do!
    Well, sorta. It indents all the lines and not just the first one of the paragraph.

It’s really easy to use. Watch!
<ol>indented text here</ol>

you
      can
        also
          stack
            them
                this
But I'm not sure why you would want to do that...

~W12~

7 Likes

How do you invite someone to the site? Is it using the @ symbol or something else?
EDIT: Just realized that it’s a feature with Protector status. That I don’t have. Whoops.

Dunno if any body mentioned this, but asterisks can modify text.
One asterisk in each side gets this
Two gets this
And three gets this
So there ya have it.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how i’m supposed to post stuff like MOCs.

You create a topic.

Oh… Well I’m dumb. :smiley:

There’s a blue circle with a plus sign on the main page of the boards, clicking on that will allow you to create a topic. You can drag/drop pictures there, or click on this button to upload pictures:

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

So how do I embed video links in a new topic, as in let’s say one day I make a stop motion on yt and I wish to have the video here aswell for you guys to enjoy, without having to have links directly to YouTube?
Thanks and sorry if I missed it being answered here :slight_smile:

1 Like

To my knowledge posting the link to a video in a post automatically embeds it in the post.

Update: I have been informed that the button to create a new topic no longer has a plus sign, leading to some confusion. As someone who almost exclusively uses the mobile site, I had not realized this. The topic has now been updated to reflect this.

1 Like

Since this hasn’t been explained anywhere on the Boards and is quite needed nowadays due to the canon contests, thought I’d explain how to link topics!

• Go the bottom of your post.
  • Locate the button that looks like this: It should be just to the left of the Reply button.
  • You should now see this bar:
    Capture
  • You wanna click on the one that looks like a chain link. This one:
    Capture2
  • That’s gonna bring up something that looks like this:
    Capture3
  • Copy this URL, then reply to the contest topic and Paste it there.

Keep in mind that the specific post you do this on is the one that will appear on the page when people click the link.

If you want people to be brought to the beginning of a topic, you need to do this procedure on the very first post in that topic.

3 Likes

Well, if you’re linking to a topic, you can just copy the URL from your URL bar. I would think most people would know how to do that?

That said, linking to a specific post is something the topic has needed (something I remember not knowing how to do when I was new), so I went ahead and added it.

3 Likes

Discobot told me in the advanced user tutorial that I could switch between light mode and dark mode. How do I do this?

(Edit1 year later: Nevermind, I get it now)

3 Likes