The Brand-Spankin' New TTV Website

The site is beautiful, I saw it earlier. :smile:

3 Likes

I kinda wish that it was the same blue as the boards, if only for continuity sake… and the other one is SUPER blue :wink:

Other than that the new structure looks great!

2 Likes

In my opinion, the new design is very nice, but there is way too much bright blue, it is a bit hard for eyes. Maybe a little grey accent might help.

3 Likes

Odd…it looks like the same website…Am I just behind?

1 Like

That’s what I thought, and then I realzied the boards weren’t changed but the main page that I never visit was.

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed that too. It crashed when I went on there, though.

1 Like

Why does it always have to be so… BRIGHT?

Anyways, it looks okay. Like the lil Exx doodles n such in the background.

2 Likes

Will the same update happen to the boards? Because I kind of liked nerding out and identifying all the comic book covers. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

where’s the shirts?

1 Like

It looks like windows 8

I have no idea if it’s a good thing or not.

5 Likes

Orange tab near the top

1 Like

I’ve gotta say, I really like the way it looks now. It’s so vibrant, and more inviting than how it looked before. :slight_smile:

Also, the Matoran-alphabet Facebook and Google+ logos (and the Kewa Twitter logo) are absolutely wonderful. XD

1 Like

First reactions “Wow that’s… bright.” Objectively it looks really good. I myself have just never been fond of bright colors though, I’ve always preferred darker shades. I’ll probably get used to it though.

I like the new design, I don’t really mind the bright colors. :smile:

Yeah, we were unsure at first if bionicle-izing the social media icons would make them too unrecognizable or if people would figure it out right away. Hopefully reception has been (silently) positive though.

The brightness is definitely jarring coming from the dark, edgy colors that were being used before, but it grew on me over time. Hopefully it does for others as well, but if you still feel the same way after a few weeks, definitely let me know.

In what way does the side bar seem disproportionate? It’s only a handful of pixels off what it was previously…

Ah, yes. I was supposed to fix that. Whoops. I’ll change it later. :stuck_out_tongue:

wat

There is quite a bit that’s loading up when pulling up the site and I’m hoping to optimize it a bit going forward.

It was supposed to be already, but the message boards markup is a conflict-ridden mess. It’ll take some doing.

How do you mean? It’s a responsive design so it should dynamically adjust to fit just fine on pretty much any device…

Var and I handled the majority of design and development respectively. Kahi had some input as well.

I mean, this is true for G1 Bionicle, but G2 is hardly the grim-dark setting that the later years of G1 were. G2 is the future of Bionicle going forward, so it only makes sense to think more along those lines instead.

We’d like to update the top-level header and nav-bar, but I don’t know that we plan to change anything beyond that at this time.

I’d be insulted, but it’s Var’s design, not mine. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I’m in the same boat as you. It’s definitely a different feel, but as you said, you get used to it.

6 Likes

So TTV is not doing its own thing anymore?

wow, it’s so blue

I didn’t know it was only for the homepage at the time, heh.

High five for saying the exact same thing as me!
And getting way more likes…

2 Likes