The Brotherhood of Makuta - Kaihodian

Name: Kaihodian
assigned region: none
Kanohi: Great Faxon - Mask of Kindred

Story:
Kaihodian always had a fascination with the way Rahi lived in the sea. While originally tasked only with keeping an eye on sea Rahi and occasionally supplementing their populations, his fascinations became action when with a minor disregard to orders he decided to construct a hidden research facility on the floor of the ocean. He donned a great Faxon and utilized it as a means to more effectively study the larger Rahi.

He eventually died during the Great Cataclysm whilst attempting to close a leak of Energized Protodermis that opened below his facility.

Equipment:

Kaihodian’s main weapon was the whip of ensnarement, this barbed whip could be used to ensnare targets from far distances and would give minor paralysis to those who touched the large spines on the base. Kaihodian affixed it to a spear as he found it a more comfortable grip. He preferred his whip as it allowed him to use ambush attacks and finish battles quickly as his close combat fighting skills were not as advanced as other Makuta.

He also carried 2 protosteel clawed gauntlets as his secondary weapons. He wore a great kanohi faxon which he used to copy the powers of oceanic Rahi as to guard areas of ocean better, this mask had breathing equipment attached to it.

His armour, like his fellow Makuta was a near indestructible protosteel that contained his essence.

Powers

The typical 42 Kraata powers as well as Kraata creation. Kaihodian possessed great speed and agility in aquatic environments even without the use of his Kanohi.

Alright, so this moc was delayed quite a while and changed a lot as I built it and I might come back and fix some parts of it that annoy me still. Nocturn and Vamprah were major inspirations for this moc (and part sources) but it eventually shifted to the idea of a bat using it’s wing to swim and what could come from that.

You can find out more about the project here: I’m a link, click me!

[Edits]

• Name changed due to -x overuse
  • Backstory changes applied (again)
  • Name changed again to final version
21 Likes

For one thing, it does appear to be something from the ocean, the moc has more component of Nocturn over Vamprah, especially the lower leg since you just reuse the same leg with some armor added.

The color is ok, but I wish the Takadox armor was more spread out and viewing the back would be nice.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I tried to replicate Brutaka’s legs with nocturn’s pieces but they have such a similar design it kept shifting back to nocturn. The back was difficult to design due to the way I attached the body armour and I decided to sacrifice that so it wouldn’t get too bulky.

I’ll probably look at these issues in the second version.

Ok, MOC first:

He definitely isn’t something too special and a fully custom torso would have been nice, but there isn’t really anything wrong with him either. Especially the upper arms look a little messy and maybe that Takadox armor above the shoulders also isn’t ideal. Perhaps if you decide to update him you could focus there.
I also feel that maybe the hands could be lime, too, or at least a little lime could be added on the forearms and maybe also on the upper torso.
And those Onua claws on the hips look really weird…

All in all this MOC does have a few flaws, but it’s nothing to prevent it from getting accepted.

Backstory:

In general it works, I guess, but there are two basic problems.

a) [quote=“Kardax, post:1, topic:38402”]
in order to create a superior form of Rahi
[/quote]

I’d say that falls under the “particularly dangerous” paragraph. Thus you should remove this part.

b) [quote=“Kardax, post:1, topic:38402”]
when he was charged with preventing any threat to the Makuta from crossing the oceans
[/quote]

I’d say this would make him a warrior, and more warriors aren’t allowed. Perhaps let him build his facility in the ocean simply out of interest and let him die when due to the Great Cataclysm a leak of Energized Protodermis was opened and he died trying to close it (although I admit that isn’t a perfect idea - but I can’t think of anything better right now…)

Could you maybe also change his name a little? I kinda don’t want more Makuta with names ending with an X… What about Kaihodan? Or Kaian?

So, improving the MOC is encouraged and changing the name is optional. The backstory has to be modified in order to get him accepted.

1 Like

I’m starting improvements tomorrow, I was just getting sick of leaving the progress unfinished, backstory will be changed in a few minutes. I have a few ideas for new designs but the torso may remain only semi custom.

1 Like

This order basically is what makes him a warrior.

What about this:

Kaihodan always had a fascination with the way Rahi lived in the sea. While originally tasked only with keeping an eye on sea Rahi and occasionally supplementing their populations, his fascinations became action when with a minor disregard to orders he decided to construct a hidden research facility on the floor of the ocean. He donned a great Faxon and utilized it as a means to more effectively study the larger Rahi.

He eventually died during the Great Cataclysm whilst attempting to close a leak of Energized Protodermis that opened below his facility.

EDIT:

Ok then, MOC accepted. Thanks for participating!

2 Likes