The Makuta, one of the most powerful species in the Matoran Universe.
They were creators of Rahi, enforcers of order, the protectors and the bane of the Great Spirit Mata Nui.
At the beginnig, there were 100 of them. 85 male and 15 female ones. Yet just a handful of them is known ...
And here's my idea:
As I know of no list of all the Makuta, neither official nor inofficial, what about if we make one? All 100 Makuta, as a Brotherhood as it was at the beginnig, everyone of them with his or her own story. And of course accompanied by a MOC of the Makuta.
One person alone could'nt hope to achieve that in a reasonable amount of time, I guess, but as a community ... There's hope.
If you want to participate in this project, please take a look at the rules and if there are any Makuta left in the "to be assigned" category beforehand. You'll find both below. If you then decide to build a MOC, please tell me and wait for an OK from me before you post anything in a seperate topic.
Please don't upload pictures of your finished MOCs on this topic. There's also no need to link your MOCs below, as I will do so on the list, when they're finished.
If you haven't got a reply from me or if your MOC didn't show up on the list after two days, you're welcome to remind me. After all, it can happen, that I overlook someone.
Here's the current list:
= drawing done
= "Book of the Brotherhood" entry completed but not yet edited
= "Book of the Brotherhood" entry done
= revamp done (clicking on the symbol will take you to the topic)
Both, the drawing and the "Book of the Brotherhood" entry will be posted once the project is complete. For more information see post 374 and 470.
For more information about those revamps see post 849 as well as the Antidermis pool WIP topic.
Male Makuta, accepted - occupation - builder
1) Teridax - second in command/leader - Payinku
2) Icarax - warrior - Toa_Heatwave
3) Krika - lieutenant? - TFM101A
4) Bitil - warrior - 21sselliW
5) Spiriah - failed scientist - The_Wanderer
6) Mutran - Rahi scientist - Gilahu ()
7) Miserix - leader - Toa_Heatwave
8) Jsasax - chief financier of the Brotherhood - RedHuna101
9) Jarnat - warrior - Gilahu ()
10) Gantil - warrior - LurkingEhlek
11) Troodax - warrior - Whovian41110
12) Xoth - Rahi ethologist_21sselliW_
13) Nevantar - warrior - TBT_Emerald
14) Tagah - diplomatic agent - Chronicler
15) Hesbrix - Rahi scientist - P1gNinja
16) Zurta - warrior - 21sselliW
17) Uloki - Rahi scientist - Rac
18) Zhun - warrior - Rac
19) Hormahk - jailor, headsman - pizzacheetah
20) Furtaan - lieutenant - Chronicler
21) Crytoss - warrior - Leoxandar
22) Clanik - agent for dangerous Rahi incidents - Rac
23) Dredzek - functionary for everything having to do with mercenaries - Chicken Bond, uploaded by Windfall
24) Erevor - warrior - TBTEmerald_
25) Netrux - artificial life scientist - Hawkflight
26) Anjan - ecosystem scientist - Gilahu
27) Jorax - warrior/weapon smith - DG_Eddie
28) Vekaron - Rahi scientist - Rac
29) Xirok - general - Sushiyoda
30) Antroz - lieutenant?/warrior?/general?/second in comand under Teridax - Lord_Tuma
31) Tak - Rahi scientist - TheRed1s
32) Manguopo - artificial life scientist - Darkbrick999
33) Jormuntrax - spymaster - Solaris
34) Chisk - warrior? - Xing1870
35) Reppirax - warrior - Sciencegiraffe
36) Napak - Rahis scientist/Rahi ethologist? - Povak
37) Tridax - scientist of many fields - Toa_Heatwave
38) Cenred - general - Toa_Distraxx
39) Ornek - general - Gilahu ()
40) Aplekisa - Rahi scientist - MysteryMuffin
41) Piraunga - warrior - The_Wanderer
42) Marzek - shadow energy scientist - Timeline15
43) Sachel - librarian - Sammythekat
44) Erdorn - warrior - Timeline15
45) Lomois - weapon smith - Leoxandar
46) Irutra - Rahi scientist - ToaPanda
47) Moldavanka - Rahi ethologist - Irrie
48) Ormen - Kraata scientist - Nogus1
49) Karthax - chief of Destral's security - Povak
50) Shornos - Rahi scientist - TBT_Emerald
51) Wanitama - botanist - darkbrick999
52) Boldorah - weather scientist - ToaPanda
53) Vyrdran - chamberlain of Destral - Maarlfox
54) Morathix - scientist of many fields? - MakutaTexxidos
55) Wreigth - mask smith - MysteryMuffin
56) Chasnon - recruiter - Sushiyoda
57) Zirolius - architect - PotatoAlien
58) Raximoras - artificer - Gringat
59) Scairix - Rahi scientist SmeatyFlavor
60) Kaihodan - Rahi ethologist/scientist - Kardax
61) Falkin - spy - Silver_Falcon
Male Makuta, assigned/not yet accepted - builder
62) Adrion - AdamusTheFirst
63) ? - SmeatyFlavor
64) ? - jayzor17
65) ? - ToaPanda
66) revamped Vamprah - EvilLobsterKing
67) ? - LeKrahka
68) ? - Samtastictogo
69) ? - Windfall
70) ? - JalonTimelord
71) ? - Toa_Watau
72) ? - HistorianIvan
73) ? - Ghidora131
74) Fenerak - AdamusTheFirst
75) revamped Chirox - Payinku
76) Durantaz - pizzacheetah
77) ? - MakutaOfMetruNui
78) ? - DannyBoyy
79) ? - Matanui606
80) ? - BobaFetaCheese
81) ? - Shadowrockboy190
Female Makuta, accepted - occupation - builder
86) Gorast - warrior - Gringat
87) Kindrix - Rahi scientist - Gilahu ()
88) Kraiden - warrior - Payinku
89) Isthra - warrior - 21sselliW
90) Vadkanda - warrior - Windfall
91) Scarla - warrior - Chicken Bond, Uploaded by Windfall
92) Thorkahn - warrior - JMP
93) Ahkaxx - Rahi scientist - MakutaTexxidos
94) Mazla - Rahi scientist - Povak
95) Tethis - ~warrior - The_Wanderer
96) Nebunie - Rahi scientist? - MysteryMuffin
97) Rerekei - Rahi scientist? - Cyclopian
98) Yandra (Aegis in MOC topic) - poison expert - Aegyptiacus
99) Syrai - scribe/secretary - Maarlfox
Female Makuta, assigned/not yet accepted - builder
100) Vulon - AdamusTheFirst
To be assigned
- 3 male Makuta
The five Makuta who sided with Miserix at the convocation are all done already.
The two Makuta who were kept by Teridax to create Kraata after he took over the Matoran Universe and were later killed are done already.
The Makuta who was killed by Toa Zaria is done already.
What about that update on your Krika MOC?
Don't forget your third MOC and the backstory for your MOCs
Here's a map of all currently assigned regions based on the map that @Silver_Falcon provided we with - thanks again for that!
Artidax - Anjan
grey=not to be assigned to a Makuta
to be assigned - Southern Southern Continent, Southeastern Southern Continent
If I got anything wrong, please tell me - due to technical problems I currently can't edit the map.
CONCERNING THE MOC:
1) Makuta wear Kanohi
Your MOC should wear a mask or have a head that looks like a mask.
2) Good design
Your MOC should look like something you spent some time on. It needs a proper colour scheme and should also get the "Makuta look" across.
3) Colour Scheme
Makuta as beings of Shadow should not have a colour scheme associated with Light. You can use gold pieces (if you really have to) or white armor, but no white and gold
4) Titan Size
Ideally your MOC should have the complexity of a Titan build, although I'm somewhat tollerant in that point. Have a look at my Makuta MOCs if you want to get an impression of what I deem perfect in that regard.
5) "Original" Form
The Makuta should be humanoid and not mutated. This means they should walk upright, have exactly two legs, one head and a minimum of two arms. You're allowed to add more arms, wings, tail(s) etc.
6) Picture Quality
At least the main picture of your MOC shouldn't be too dark/too bright/blurred and such. Everyone should be able to tell colours apart and see details.
7) CCBS and Technic
This is a project that aims at creating G1 characters. It would make me extremely happy if you could use no CCBS parts for your MOC.
But since the era of the G1 building system is 5 years gone and some of you understandably don't have any/very few G1 parts, CCBS MOCs of course will get accepted, too. But please at least consider using no CCBS if you can. Thanks.
CONCERNING THE BACKSTORY:
1) Kanohi rule:
Your Makuta aren't allowed to wear the following masks (again, just to be sure: Your MOC can wear any mask you like, you just have to say that it is a different mask in that case):
- Avsa, Mask of Hunger
- Mohtrek, Mask of Time Duplication
- Shelek, Mask of Silence
- Jutlin, Mask of Corruption
- Othla, Mask of Fear (name by 21sselliW)
- Pakari, Mask of Strength
- Kiril, Mask of Regeneration
- Matatu, Mask of Telekinesis
- Kualsi, Mask of Quick Travel
- Mautru, Mask of Mutation (name by Tolkien from BZPower)
- Hau, Mask of Shielding
- Akaku, Mask of X-Ray Vision
- Iva, Mask of Awareness (makes the user know everything going on within 3 bio) (name by Aegyptiacus)
- Ifriti, Mask of Rage (basically berserk mode) (name by... Silver_Falcon and Toa_Distraxx?)
- obviously not the Kraahkan, but also no mask that is "shaped like a Kraahkan"
- no masks that just exist in very limited numbers (Olmak, Kanohi Nuva, etc.)
This doesn't apply to already accepted MOCs. It doesn't apply to canon Makuta with known masks either, of course, but it does apply to those whose masks aren't given.
There might be Kanohi added to this list from time to time, so be sure to have a look before uploading your MOC.
2) Canon story rule:
Your Makuta has to die before the entrance to Karda Nui is discovered. That would be around the time Jaller and his friends set out to find the Toa Nuva.
(the "no longer Makuta" side paragraph doesn't work anymore)
Again, this obviously excludes canon Makuta, whose fates we know.
3) Dark Hunter - Brotherhood of Makuta War Rule
No more Makuta are allowed to have found their end through the hands of the Dark Hunters after outbreak of the war (shortly after Mata Nui was put to sleep)
4) Makuta kill Makuta rule A
Your Makuta isn't allowed to kill another Makuta except if you do another Makuta MOC which is killed by the first one in its backstory. If so, tell me and that first MOC will get accepted as soon as the second one gets accepted, too.
5) Toa kill Makuta rule
Toa aren't allowed to be responsible for your Makuta's death.
6) Death through the Order of Mata Nui rule:
No more Makuta are allowed to have died through the hands of the Order of Mata Nui. The exception are canon Makuta.
7) Makuta kill Makuta rule B:
If your Makuta is killed by another Makuta, I (Gilahu) might request you to change the killer's name if I feel like this Makuta already killed enough others or doesn't fit as killer. You're allowed to use every Makuta accepted into this project as killer, as long as it makes sense (in my eyes).
8) Warrior rule:
Your Makuta isn't allowed to be a full-time warrior or best known for his/her fighting abilities. Your Makuta is allowed to fight in the battle against the Barraki, but should not play a major role there.
9) Rahi creator rule:
Your Makuta isn't allowed to specifically create only/mostly dangerous Rahi, very big Rahi or try to create anything other that is particularly big and/or dangerous. This includes weapons. It doesn't include coming up with the idea for the Fohrok and/or Exo-Toa.
1) Reserving Makuta
You can only reserve one Makuta at a time. As soon as that one is accepted you may reserve another.
2) Creating an entry
As every one of these Makuta MOCs is a, well, MOC on its own, they should be posted seperately from this topic to have a better overview (their names are nonetheless listed here)
Preferably name your entry to this project The Brotherhood of Makuta - "Name of your MOC".
3) Entry design
The first lines in your Makuta's topic should ideally be a quick overview over the Makuta (for example):
Assigned region: none
Kanohi: Denkai, Great Mask of Heat
If you want an example of what I would otherwise consider a perfect entry, have a look at my Makuta and Makuta revamps (linked above).
4) Number of entries
Basically everyone is allowed to cover as many Makuta as he or she wants. However, the more Makuta you do, the more demanding will I be on the MOC. I also will only allow people who build really good MOCs to do more than three Makuta.
If you need help with a backstory, I'm always ready to help.
Here are some suggestions (thanks to @E44 with helping out here) (please tell me if you want to use one of these):
- Makuta Suurat (post 120)
- a Makuta who shunned his inner shadow and became a Makuta of Light (somewhat like in the Melding alternate Universe) but died even prior to the war with the Barraki (@Ghidora131)
- a Makuta who studied elemental powers and how it worked that they could be activated in a Matoran during the transformation into a Toa. In the days after Teridax's takeover this Makuta thus captured multiple Matoran and Toa and experimented with them. He eventually found out a lot about the mysterious "Toa Power" in the process and even might have been able to extract it from Toa and create Toa stones with it.
- a Makuta who was the physician of Destral (@ToaPanda)
- a Makuta who got the idea for the Fohrok (can be combined with another one here)
- a Makuta who's name begins with a Q - you know, just for completion's sake
prior to Teridax's takeover and the Makuta's evolution they could still die by simply stabbing them with a pointy stick in the right place. After the evolution it wasn't so easy anymore
There might be things added/removed here from time to time.